Is it my imagination or do the garbage truck drivers have a lead foot?

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Founder
Default Is it my imagination or do the garbage truck drivers have a lead foot?

I have noticed that the Villages garbage truck drivers seem be less than interested in observing the speed limit between stops. Specially on Wednesday (in our neighborhood for yard waste) when they don't have to stop at every house. It's best not to be in the way when they are coming down the street.

I don't think it's my imagination. On the other hand, if I was a garbage man I would want to get it over with in a hurry to I guess. None the less there are lots of people walking and riding in these neighborhoods. I think our employees should set the example. ???
Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Is it my imagination or do the garbage truck drivers have a lead foot?

I agree!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Is it my imagination or do the garbage truck drivers have a lead foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
I have noticed that the Villages garbage truck drivers seem be less than interested in observing the speed limit between stops. Specially on Wednesday (in our neighborhood for yard waste) when they don't have to stop at every house. It's best not to be in the way when they are coming down the street.

I don't think it's my imagination. On the other hand, if I was a garbage man I would want to get it over with in a hurry to I guess. None the less there are lots of people walking and riding in these neighborhoods. I think our employees should set the example. ???
Our Tuesday morning garbage truck drivers go by too early for me usually to see them. They come around 6am in my area of Lynnhaven. On evening about 9 pm, I did see a smaller truck-- a pick-up actually-- which collected the garbage bags from the swimming pools. It zipped by a few times while I was out walking my dog. It looked like Tony Soprano must have been chasing it in another car as the driver sped fast me twice. Once going one way, the other coming back.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM

:cop:I'm an early riser and you are absolutely correct in thinking that the garbage trucks tear along the roads within TV. Their mindset is, if they can get through a neighborhood early enough, and quickly enough, they don't have to pick up as much trash and thus they get their route finished early and need to work less hours. It is reasonable, but, not doing us any favors by racing through our neighborhoods at top speed at VERY early hours. I personally do not like to put my trash out the night before because of the feral cats and their habit of tearing up the bags to get at the trash. Lucky for me I do rise early to take my puppy out into our yard for his morning movement and thus have the opportunity to take the trash bag out in time to catch the speeding truck. The sheriff is not up and about to see all this at 5, 6, or 7AM.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 PM

While dodging the topic cops, I would like to mention that up here in rural Missouri we have learned that spraying the trash bags with Clorox bleach will keep the cats (and dogs up here) away. I hate coming out in the morning to trash scattered all over.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.