Close encounter with a BAD attitude..

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D View Post
I always feel I need to defend myself when posting on Talk of The Villages for one reason or another( reason I rarely post anymore) because someone has taken things out of context. So here it goes:
"Grumpy" is a term I use to discribe someone who is miserible--and there are a few I have met down here. No matter what, they don't like it here and will be the first to tell you everything that is wrong with the place They usually demonstrate rude behavior to justify why they are unhappy.

As for "being retired" and "what's the rush". Stop and smell the roses so to speak. You worked hard all your life to get to this point to enjoy whats around you, and, we all know many who didn't make it. Relax.
There are no deadlines that must be met. Enjoy life--you earned it.

No more comments please, and I finally had enough. Signing off.

Wishing everyone well. Enjoy The Villages, its the best place ever.
Oh Peggy, please don't go.

Sometimes people just comment on a post, not to disagree.

I like to hear what you have to say.

A lot of times, my mind is changed by someone who doesn't look at things the same way I do. And a lot of times it isn't. But I think about it anyway...

We are all important on here. Your comments are well taken...and taken into my heart.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
Ohiogirl;

I know exactly what you're talking about!! Within the past few weeks due to some health issues I've had to utilize those electric grocery buggies that the stores offer. I've been absolutely astonished at how rude and inconsiderate some people can be. Notice that the operative word is "some". Many people are friendly and helpful while others stand in the middle of the aisle refusing to move or, even worse, look you right in the eye and refuse to move anyway.

There is no doubt that the majority of residents are a joy to be around. Isn't it a disapointment that there are others you just wish would go somewhere else?
Some of 'these' type of people best start realizing their day may come - they are not able to avoid the outcome of life.

Good luck with 'The Friends of TV'
aj
Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D View Post
I always feel I need to defend myself when posting on Talk of The Villages for one reason or another( reason I rarely post anymore) because someone has taken things out of context. So here it goes:
"Grumpy" is a term I use to discribe someone who is miserible--and there are a few I have met down here. No matter what, they don't like it here and will be the first to tell you everything that is wrong with the place They usually demonstrate rude behavior to justify why they are unhappy.

As for "being retired" and "what's the rush". Stop and smell the roses so to speak. You worked hard all your life to get to this point to enjoy whats around you, and, we all know many who didn't make it. Relax.
There are no deadlines that must be met. Enjoy life--you earned it.

No more comments please, and I finally had enough. Signing off.

Wishing everyone well. Enjoy The Villages, its the best place ever.
I'm sorry that you feel that you need to defend yourself, however I don't for the life of me understand that need. You simply expressed your opinion, I didn't fully agree with all you stated, and in response I simply expressed mine without making it a personal attack or attempt to embarass you. By your reaction to my posting, you're making it sound like you feel that you have a right to express your opinions, but others don't have that same right to express theirs in response if they have a different point of view! I certainly hope that this is not the case. There is already too much of that sort of thing going on today with several news agencies and biased bloggers.

BTW, if you go back to your original posting I responded to, you will find that I was in actuallity answering the very question you posed at the end of your post. Nothing more! So why react negatively to my merely doing what you had definitely asked for in the first place???
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"

Last edited by skyguy79; 02-04-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added the BTW after going back to reread orig posts.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
i think she was still there when i was there this morning!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.