Closing on house..Lawyer needed?

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Default Closing on house..Lawyer needed?

I will be closing on a house that was listed by MLS.

1. Do I need a lawyer for closing?

2. If so, who do you recomend?
Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwdgd View Post

Here in Florida no. That's why closings are so fast.
Steve
Old 02-19-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

IMHO, I would just to make sure everything is on the up and up.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwdgd View Post

wwdgd, After seeing your other post about thinking about letting the Seller stay for an extra day if you were a friend or family member I would in the strongest terms possible advise you to engage an attorney. We have dealt with Millhorn, Shanawany & Olsen. 352-205-4707. Easy to talk to, Free Consultation and reasonable with there charges. Please don't go it alone. Best of luck to you.

As a side note. People who were in The Villages before me told me to not waste my money on a Lawyer. I listened and nothing bad happened to us. However when and if we move from our home in The Villages I would never go it alone again. Where We are from in N.J. some of the closings required a Suit Of Armor because of technicalities and people pulling some kind of stunt at the last minute. It just makes me sleep better to have a good lawyer representing me.

You are asking very good questions just dot the I's & cross the T's. Once the closing is over all will be forgotten and you'll be a couple of hundred dollars lighter but if you're not represented you may be considerably lighter in the wallet!
Old 02-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
wwdgd, after seeing your other post about thinking about letting the seller stay for an extra day if you were a friend or family member i would in the strongest terms possible advise you to engage an attorney. We have dealt with millhorn, shanawany & olsen. 352-205-4707. Easy to talk to, free consultation and reasonable with there charges. Please don't go it alone. Best of luck to you.

As a side note. People who were in the villages before me told me to not waste my money on a lawyer. I listened and nothing bad happened to us. However when and if we move from our home in the villages i would never go it alone again. Where we are from in n.j. Some of the closings required a suit of armor because of technicalities and people pulling some kind of stunt at the last minute. It just makes me sleep better to have a good lawyer representing me.

You are asking very good questions just dot the i's & cross the t's. Once the closing is over all will be forgotten and you'll be a couple of hundred dollars lighter but if you're not represented you may be considerably lighter in the wallet!
sound advice
Old 02-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Ha ha...replies from two north easterners. Nothing against you guys, I'm one too. The question was do you need a lawyer here in Florida to close, the answer is no. I bought mine without one and closed in five days. Granted it was a cash deal.....
Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
closing, lawyer, house, recomend, listed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.