Closures

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 09:55 PM

TV has only closed down some activities because of government intervention. We have an extremely vulnerable population that has for the majority of TV objected to every possible way to halt spread of COV-19
Old 03-15-2020, 10:19 PM

The number of cases in Florida effectively doubled today, as in just today (Sunday), increasing from about 75 to about 150. The number of pending tests (over 500) combined with the percentage of pending tests that end up positive (about 20%) means it could come close to doubling again tomorrow.

The Villages has officially dodged the virus so far. That is about to end. Once cases are confirmed here everything will stop.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls815 View Post
The first drive up testing soon to open.
Are you being serious? That would be a great idea.

Speaking of which, what is the current state of testing? As of last week, I kept hearing there was a shortage of testing kits and there were lots of roadblocks to getting tested. Has the situation improved? Can anyone get tested at any doctor’s office or lab now? Can you walk into a hospital without symptoms and get tested? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:21 AM

Just announced all villages indoor activities are cancelled thru 3-31-2020
Old 03-16-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Testing has been identified as contacting your doctor IF YOU HAVE THE SYMPTOMS.
The doctor will direct you regarding if, when and where to get tested.

My paraphrasing of what I have read to date.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I give it till Wed and the Villages will be on the map - why wouldn't it be ? We certainly weren't ahead of the curve.
Monday - Lake County first case positive. My prediction of Wed for TV may get shattered tomorrow but I'm sticking with the original prediction of Wed.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:59 AM
Default Closures

It’s been a couple of days since last updated..........so what is it like in the Villages today? Restaurant closings? Pool closings (and for that matter, family pools overrun with spring break visiting families.....or deserted because nobody traveling?) My family and I were going to try to make the trip, but now, the quarantine penalties at work and school when we return seem overwhelming a cost.

Please Advise, I’m so heartbroken I can’t leave Cold Wisconsin for a “WARM WEEK”

Last edited by Bigdaddymuy; 03-17-2020 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to wish “HAPPY ST PATRICK’S DAY”
Old 03-17-2020, 08:35 AM
Veteran member
Arrow COVID-19 District Action Plan - UPDATED

This from the CDD:
COVID-19 District Action Plan - UPDATED

March 16, 2020 12:00 p.m.

The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. As the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19 continues to update, the District is implementing the following facility and schedule changes that will take effect on Tuesday, March 17, 2020:

Recreation Activities – the following changes will be in effect until March 31, 2020
The operating hours of the Recreation Centers will be 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
All scheduled indoor activities in the recreation centers are cancelled.
All Sports Pool activities other than Combo Swim are cancelled.
All scheduled outdoor activities of 50 or more people are cancelled.
The Enrichment Academy (TEA) courses scheduled between March 14th and March 31st are postponed and will be rescheduled. Participants will be notified by email of alternate course dates.
The Irish American Parade scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th is cancelled.
Outdoor Excursions and Lake Sumter Line Boat Tours are cancelled.
Parks, Dog Parks, Fenney Putt & Play, Outdoor Exercise Equipment, Sports Courts & Swimming Pools remain open.
All Fitness Clubs will be closed.
The Southside Hot Tub will be closed.
The Mark Twain Library will be closed.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

Paradise Rec Center is OPEN FOR VOTING.

Plenty of parking spaces, no crowds. Bring a napkin or a glove and your own black ink pen if you don't want to use theirs. You could also just wash your hands when you finish, in their bathroom if you're concerned about the virus.

But - zero crowds. I was the only one in there other than the voting volunteers for a few minutes.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:52 AM
Veteran member
Arrow Info

Emkay56 look here Village Community Development Districts
City Fire has cancelled all entertainment and dancing, all entertainment is cancelled at the squares. I have been going to Publix and Walgreens daily for neighbors who can't go and myself and it is crowded with some items in short supply.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:51 PM
Veteran member
Arrow COVID-19 District Action Plan - UPDATED

COVID-19 District Action Plan

March 17, 2020 5:00 p.m.

The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. As the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19 continues to update, the District implemented the following facility and schedule changes. In addition to the closures below, please refrain from participating in gatherings of 10 or more people as recommended by the CDC.

Recreation Activities – the following changes will be in effect until March 31, 2020:

All Sports Pool activities other than Combo Swim are cancelled.
All scheduled outdoor activities of 10 or more people are cancelled.
The Enrichment Academy (TEA) courses scheduled between March 14th and March 31st are postponed and will be rescheduled. Participants will be notified by email of alternate course dates.
Outdoor Excursions and Lake Sumter Line Boat Tours are cancelled.
All Fitness Clubs are closed.
The Southside Hot Tub is closed.
The Mark Twain Library is closed.
Softball is cancelled.
Recreation Sponsored Leagues are cancelled.
Registration is currently postponed for the following events:
Senior Games
Camp Villages – Easter
Running of the Squares 5K
Parks, Dog Parks, Fenney Putt & Play, Outdoor Exercise Equipment, Sports Courts & Swimming Pools remain open.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Monday - Lake County first case positive. My prediction of Wed for TV may get shattered tomorrow but I'm sticking with the original prediction of Wed.
Above was my post 3/15.
From the daily sun facebook page.

JUST IN: The first Villages resident has tested positive for COVID-19 at UF Health Leesburg Hospital. The case has been deemed travel-related. The Florida Department of Health has also confirmed the first case in Sumter County.

Last edited by rustyp; 03-18-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:39 PM
Veteran member
Arrow Pools closed

All pools will close as of sunset 03/18/2020.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

March 18, 2020 5:00 p.m.

The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. As the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19 continues to update, the District implemented the following facility and schedule changes. In addition to the closures below, please refrain from participating in gatherings of 10 or more people as recommended by the CDC.

Recreation Activities – the following changes will be in effect until further notice:

All swimming pools will be closed beginning at sunset on Wednesday, March 18th.
The Enrichment Academy (TEA) courses scheduled between March 14th and March 31st are postponed and will be rescheduled.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:49 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post

March 18, 2020 5:00 p.m.

Recreation Activities – the following changes will be in effect until further notice:

All swimming pools will be closed beginning at sunset on Wednesday, March 18th.
The Enrichment Academy (TEA) courses scheduled between March 14th and March 31st are postponed and will be rescheduled.
That about says it all. Thank you for posting this information.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, open, cancelling, trip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.