Closures

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emkay56 View Post
I don’t know where my post went, so I’m resubmitting. My husband and I have a rental for the month of April. Can someone tell me if neighborhood pools, restaurants, and golf courses are still open? We are not cancelling our trip yet, however, if everything is closed, it doesn’t make much sense to come.
I would cancel while you can. It has already spread to ALL states. Already, elsewhere, restaurants are closing, along with libraries, fitness centers, movie theatres, etc. Why go if you will be stuck in your villa? Also, what if they eventually do state lockdowns? Village hospital already is hard to get a room in, what if you get it? Where will you stay if you need to vacate your rental? Stay home and ride this out. You can always vacation another time.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddymuy View Post
It’s been a couple of days since last updated..........so what is it like in the Villages today? Restaurant closings? Pool closings (and for that matter, family pools overrun with spring break visiting families.....or deserted because nobody traveling?) My family and I were going to try to make the trip, but now, the quarantine penalties at work and school when we return seem overwhelming a cost.

Please Advise, I’m so heartbroken I can’t leave Cold Wisconsin for a “WARM WEEK”
Don’t come down.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:16 PM

According to a rec center employee, they were just notified that the pools are closing tomorrow for an indefinite period of time. There are no classes or group activies in any rec centers, you can play pool. Restaurants are open, but can only seat 50% of capacity. You can play pickleball but bring your own water. Golf courses are open, some groups are opting to ride one person per cart. There is no live music on the town squares. It’s sunny and 80 degrees.....beautiful skies. You might have too shelter in place. Be sure and bring your own toilet paper. That’s the situation today, it might change tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Currently, golf courses, pools, rec ceters and restaurants are open.
pools closed,check villages news.com for updates
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, open, cancelling, trip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.