Code Changes For Developer To Put Apartments In Spanish Springs City and Other Places

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'll send emails in support of apartments.
This. Don't see the issue here with already available space.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
So they know there are more than whiners out there.
When did Mr. Helpful become Mr. Sarcastic?
Don't be like the others.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
So you will be the one.
Yup!
Old 06-10-2021, 07:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Thanks for the email addresses. I have written to them all expressing my opposition. I live walking distance to Spanish Springs and attend outdoor shows there regularly.

Face it - we know human nature. Even though the prospective tenants will know in advance that music takes place there every night and will be okay with it when they sign their lease, sure enough the time will come when they will complain about it loudly. Then goodbye nightly shows.
That's just silly. Another stretch to complain about change.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Thanks for the contact information. Messages sent to all commissioners this morning.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
OP doesn't live here or he wouldn't post for us to try and degrade the lifestyle here.
Lots of complaints in post history.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:43 AM
Default Spanish Springs apartments

I also agree that apartments are not a problem but an interesting option in town above stores. This style of living is very common. I was devastated to lose the Hacienda Country club facilities as that took something away from residents without replacing the amenity that was part of why we bought where we did.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

I am always amazed by people that moved FROM "a city" to a laid back retirement community and then say - no problem; that's normal in the city.

I, for one, want to live in a retirement community - not "the city".

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 06-10-2021, 07:53 AM
Default Spanish Springs

We all like to remember how it used to be. However, nothing stays the same forever. Spanish Springs is unlike a normal public square because it is private property not a traditional publicly owned square. Therefore, Lady Lake Commissioners can only change the zoning in accordance with prior agreements and current law. The developer is relying on the law being in his favor to do with his property as he wants within the current agreements and law. Emotions play no part in the final decision. If you owned these properties and need to fund their maintenance and taxes with revenue, then you need customers. The owner must pay the bills just like you pay your mortgage and taxes. So, if the buildings are vacant that will not happen. What can Lady Lake do? The Commissioner can attempt to negotiate some favorable changes like no building up to alter the character of the Square. And, providing adequate parking even though all parking right now is on private property even around the Square. So, lighten up with the emotions and face reality. The buildings are idle and the developer really has no mandate to even keep the Square open. Let's all hope the music continues and it remains a safe place for entertainment. If someone wants to rent an apartment there - so be it. My two cents.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus
Thanks for the email addresses. I have written to them all expressing my opposition. I live walking distance to Spanish Springs and attend outdoor shows there regularly.

Face it - we know human nature. Even though the prospective tenants will know in advance that music takes place there every night and will be okay with it when they sign their lease, sure enough the time will come when they will complain about it loudly. Then goodbye nightly shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
That's just silly. Another stretch to complain about change.
I respect your opinion, but I'm the last one to complain about change in the knee-jerk way you seem to be suggesting. That's not my thing.

It's not a stretch. You'll see. You read it here first.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post

The restaurants in the squares who pays for the entertainment know that a lot of their customers will listen to music and than off to dinner.

Do not think they will allow nightly shows to disappear.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:40 AM

I would love to live in apartments up over the businesses in a town center! I think it sounds exciting! 😁 you get a bird's-eye view of all the action!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I don’t care what they do in there buildings on there commercial property already built, nor do I care what the build on newly developed land. I do care when they intrude in already built out area sold to districts years ago adding apartments in already overcrowded area. You can thank the two puppets representing district residents on CDD board that approved it in best interest of residents. O wait one has since quit the board right after the vote.
That country club was never sold to a district. It is, was, and probably always will be owned by the developer.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
The Billionaire contractor is taking the little City of Lady Lake to court to appeal the decision of the city to not change codes to allow second level apartments. You should let your opinions be known by contacting the city officials, maybe they can stand up to the contractor that wants these changes for their own benefit. Write, call or email the city; City of Lady Lake Town Hall
c/o Lady Lake Commissioners
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, Fl 32159 "Lady Lake Commission
Monday, October 5, 2020 at 6:00 pm
City of Lady Lake Town Hall
409 Fennell Blvd.
Lady Lake, Fl 32159
Jim Richards - Mayor - Commissioner Chairman; jrichards@ladylake.org
Ruth Kussard - Commissioner; rkussad@ladylake.org
Dan Vincent - Commissioner; dvincent@ladylake.org
Paul Hannon - Commissioner; phannan@ladylake.org
Tony Holden - Commissioner ; tholden@ladylake.org
Unfortunately, you've shown your prejudice and bias, when you open your comments with "Billionaire"?!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:33 AM

Completely agree with topspinmo. Don’t care in the town square or the new areas that will be designated for apartment living, but do have a problem with doing it in an already established neighborhood.
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, lady, city, commissioner;, commissioner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.