Cold Feet

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
Carrying a mortgage or not is a very personal decision that often has less to do with available cash on hand and more to do with one's personal investment portfolio. We had cash to buy our house free and clear but our tax advisor, investment advisor and lawyer all strongly recommended we get a low interest mortgage, maximize the tax advantages and utilize our liquid assets in other ways right now. The key, I believe is living within your means and comfort zone.
Another time that someone's input has shown me a different view. Particularly about the issue of mortgages. I had always thought that no mortgage was the best when you retire. You read and you think and you learn here.

Salybow, it was kind to share your feelings. I ache to hear of any unhappiness you are having. Sometimes I feel homesick too. But then I get busy again and know that I am where I am having the most varied and enjoyable times and not penned inside because of the weather.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
Carrying a mortgage or not is a very personal decision that often has less to do with available cash on hand and more to do with one's personal investment portfolio. We had cash to buy our house free and clear but our tax advisor, investment advisor and lawyer all strongly recommended we get a low interest mortgage, maximize the tax advantages and utilize our liquid assets in other ways right now. The key, I believe is living within your means and comfort zone.
This is exactly the same thing our advisor told us.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Default Cold Feet

I wish that I had experienced cold feet when buying here. Or at least had someone tell me all of the reasons why I should not purchase in TV. Like many all I got was the hype, the nice things and the deceptions. If you want to know the real story then keep asking and you will find out that it is not all that glorious.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybaby View Post
I wish that I had experienced cold feet when buying here. Or at least had someone tell me all of the reasons why I should not purchase in TV. Like many all I got was the hype, the nice things and the deceptions. If you want to know the real story then keep asking and you will find out that it is not all that glorious.
Please tell us what disappointments have you found and what deceptions. From whom did you hear the hype and the deceptions? And what were they?
Old 01-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Sage
Default Not happy with TV???

I think the hype is just people loving where they live. I've gotten so many opinions on this forum and everyone seems to be very truthful in point of view. I'll bet that TV isn't for everyone and not everyone thinks its all that and a bag of chips. But for the most part, those who have chosen to live here, want to be here and it exceeds their expectations. So sorry you're not where you want to be and that TV hasn't lived up to your expectations. It's a personal choice. Best of luck finding what's right for you. It's a big task.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Sage
Smile

TV real estate has listings almost everyday of homes for sale, barely lived in, fully furnished, golf cart included; everything from patio villas to premier homes. Makes you wonder.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default to Salybow

I LOVE your story....I am a wannabe....it seems like forever but back to my point. I am sure I would have the same feelingsthat you have. You see, we have moved before and it is easy to have a "Romantic" view of what life would be like somewhere else. TV is not perfect and not for everyone and it has it's hicups too. I learned a long time ago to "bloom where you are planted". Thanks for your story and hope it is helful to the OP.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

xxx

Last edited by John_W; 02-16-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Sage

There is a house just like ours for sale in Pennecamp. The Seabrook is a new model and there are only four built so far. I asked the salesperson why it had been put up for sale so quickly after closing and he said that the original owner, a single woman, had built it and closed this past summer and then found out that she "could not retire" and put it up for sale. The Villages require that you cannot make a profit on your home in the first year. That is a stipulation to keep flippers from taking over. This house is a real bargain at less than she paid for it and I wonder why exactly she had to change plans. She never moved in.

In the four years posting on this forum, I have heard of people buying a home here and then experiencing a death, or the diagnosis of a serious illness. Sadly, a lot of bad things can happen.

We must enjoy each day given to us. That goes for wannabees and gonnabees and frogs.

Have a good day today and feel this hug.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.