Colony gas station prices

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Default Colony gas station prices

we went to fill Up our car today. Still wondering why the price is so high...In MI, we pay some of the highest in the country, and they are 12 cents lower. That wasn't my main concern. Since when is the price of $2.39 a CASH ONLY price? We used our debit card and it was $2.46. There seems to be a new sign out front next to the price, saying cash only. Have always used a debit card and the price has never gone up because of that type of payment. Has anyone else noticed this, and for how long?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Sage

That is a common practice of stations on the interstate going way back to the early 2000's. I think it stinks so I try and stay away from those places.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:59 PM

They have always been higher. When they built the Marathon, they lowered their price for a while. They took advantage of being the only game in town. I will never go there. I did find out of the reason Florida has higher gas prices than other states is because there are no underground pipelines, the oil comes in by boat.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

It's been that way since we moved here in October. I didn't notice for a while because I usually use Shell cards bought during the Publix promo's and the station treats them like cash. The first time I used a debit it was an eye opener.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

I stay away from that station. There is no good reason for doing business they way they do other than pure greed.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage

I use diesel. Ever since the Marathon station opened at Pinellas Plaza their prices have dropped considerably.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

The price per gallon posted on 466A at the SHELL, has reflected the CASH price for quite some time. If you look at the MARATHON's price per gallon posted on 466A, that is the Credit Card price. They have a smaller sign, which of course is lower, I believe about 6 cents, which is the credit card price. I always use the Marathon station. I have never liked the Shell. I wish a Wawa would open in the area.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
I stay away from that station. There is no good reason for doing business they way they do other than pure greed.
I have nothing but admiration and respect for any business person who takes on the responsibility to make a payroll, pay their suppliers, keep their customers coming back; and to provide housing, food, school, medical, clothing for their own family. All the while working to save for their future/retirement. And to consistently do this for years or decades in spite of periods of economic hard times.

To say there is no good reason to try to make a profit perhaps is a lack of understanding of what makes our free enterprise system so rewarding for those who work smart/hard.

As consumers we can simply avoid doing business with someone we think is "too greedy".

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....

Last edited by SouthOfTheBorder; 03-16-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: remove a comment, correct grammer
Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 PM
Platinum member

The sign in front of the Shell Station at Colony has been the "cash price" for a long time..
Old 03-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

I filled up my big ole truck for less than $5 at the Shell station yesterday; God knows I am loving the Winn-Dixie fuel perks.

It helps considerably that the biggest perks are for some of the wine products.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 03-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Veteran member

Buy the 50 dollar shell card for 40 bucks when Publix runs the promotion....guaranteed 20 % discount and then combine it with fuel perks....
Old 03-17-2015, 05:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
Buy the 50 dollar shell card for 40 bucks when Publix runs the promotion....guaranteed 20 % discount and then combine it with fuel perks....
Is the Publix gas promotion advertised in their flier?
How often do they offer it?
Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
I filled up my big ole truck for less than $5 at the Shell station yesterday; God knows I am loving the Winn-Dixie fuel perks.

I'm with you. The fuel perks are great. You can get some pretty good discounts when you buy your wine there. And a double bonus if you buy 4 at a time when you do so you get an additional 10% off your purchase.

Our only regret is that neither of our cars take over 8 Gallons to fill up!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post

I agree on both counts. After shopping yesterday I'm sitting pretty with $1.70 in perks.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Sage

I buy gas @ Sam's, and when I use their MasterCard--I get 5% cash back-It adds up since all our cars require premium
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.