Colony gas station prices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,106 Times in 310 Posts

This is the real reason for the difference in price for cash and debit / credit.

Interchange fee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simple answer is it costs the merchant more for offering the convenience to the customer. It is NOT a greed issue.

Not everyone is out to get you.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Default It is a fee

The higher price for using a credit card is to cover the fees charged by Visa/Mastercard or whatever you use. Get a Shell card and it stops. It used to be that businesses were not allowed to charge a higher price when using a Visa but apparently that is no longer the case so I guess the card issuers have changed their rules.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoni View Post
we went to fill Up our car today. Still wondering why the price is so high...In MI, we pay some of the highest in the country, and they are 12 cents lower. That wasn't my main concern. Since when is the price of $2.39 a CASH ONLY price? We used our debit card and it was $2.46. There seems to be a new sign out front next to the price, saying cash only. Have always used a debit card and the price has never gone up because of that type of payment. Has anyone else noticed this, and for how long?
Go to shell on 466 2.34 gallon cash or credit
Old 03-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Sage

Has anyone owned a gas station or knows someone? I often wondered how much the station makes on a gallon of gas and if the profits go up when the prices go up?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Default Cost of doing business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
This is the real reason for the difference in price for cash and debit / credit.

Interchange fee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simple answer is it costs the merchant more for offering the convenience to the customer. It is NOT a greed issue.

Not everyone is out to get you.

I consider myself a pro-business individual, but this one drives me nutz. As far as I'm concerned the fee that a bank charges a business for a credit card sale is a cost to the business for being exposed that bank's customer base. There is no good reason to then charge that fee back to the customer. It is the COST OF DOING BUSINESS. I do however agree with other previous posts here that I do not and WILL NOT give any gas station my $$$ if they use this ridiculous practice. This is free enterprise and I will always exercise my right to go somewhere else.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbace6 View Post
I consider myself a pro-business individual, but this one drives me nutz. As far as I'm concerned the fee that a bank charges a business for a credit card sale is a cost to the business for being exposed that bank's customer base. There is no good reason to then charge that fee back to the customer. It is the COST OF DOING BUSINESS. I do however agree with other previous posts here that I do not and WILL NOT give any gas station my $$$ if they use this ridiculous practice. This is free enterprise and I will always exercise my right to go somewhere else.

Nothing wrong with being pro-business and pro-consumer and the same time.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Sage

Doubled checked with a bud of mine , who was in the wholesale fuel delivery business

!) all gasoline is the same, they all put the same detergents in
2) the only difference is tracers-which enables the distributers to find out who is buying off brand gas
Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Doubled checked with a bud of mine , who was in the wholesale fuel delivery business

!) all gasoline is the same, they all put the same detergents in
They all put detergents in but auto manufactures are saying top tier stations use enough detergents to keep your engine clean. If they skimp on detergents then they can't get the top tier rating.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Sage

Are there different tiers of diesel fuel?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.