Colony Rec Pool

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Colony Rec Pool

I went to the pool 2X this week to find the doors locked. The 1st day they were locked with NO posting! The 2nd day there was a sign that just said "Pool is Closed". So I called the front desk at Colony to find out what the scoop was and was told it's closed due to an electrical problem and probably will not open until December 1st. Wish they'd have posted something on the door when all of this started OR better yet mentioned something in the daily newspaper. If they did...I missed it!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I went to the pool 2X this week to find the doors locked. The 1st day they were locked with NO posting! The 2nd day there was a sign that just said "Pool is Closed". So I called the front desk at Colony to find out what the scoop was and was told it's closed due to an electrical problem and probably will not open until December 1st. Wish they'd have posted something on the door when all of this started OR better yet mentioned something in the daily newspaper. If they did...I missed it!
To look at the postive side, we are lucky to have other options in TV.

Back here....up north.....if they have a problem with the pool, the pool is closed.........and we have no other pool to swim in. But......if Colony is closed, there is Seabreeze.......and many, many others. Not the end of the world, IMHO. How many pools in TV?

However, I can understand your frustration at not being notified of the problem....and no explanation.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
To look at the postive side, we are lucky to have other options in TV.

Back here....up north.....if they have a problem with the pool, the pool is closed.........and we have no other pool to swim in. But......if Colony is closed, there is Seabreeze.......and many, many others. Not the end of the world, IMHO. How many pools in TV?

However, I can understand your frustration at not being notified of the problem....and no explanation.
I totally agree with you on ALL counts! OPTIONS for sure...frustration as you said to go and find it locked up with no explanation---or a date of re-opening!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:57 PM

Swimdog,
Not quite that easy as the sports pools are booked pretty solid. Thus exercise classes and volleyball leagues were canceled. But as mentioned, no announcement in paper or on the radio so players and participants just showed up and found out the classes, games etc. had to be canceled. Lets hope they get it opened soon.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Swimdog,
Not quite that easy as the sports pools are booked pretty solid. Thus exercise classes and volleyball leagues were canceled. But as mentioned, no announcement in paper or on the radio so players and participants just showed up and found out the classes, games etc. had to be canceled. Lets hope they get it opened soon.
Larry! Larry! Larry! I'm not condoning the fact that the pool was closed with no notice or explanation. However, I am saying that there are other options.

If you go to: http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf. you will see a list of the pools and I'm sure there will be a pool where you can enjoy the swim activity that you missed while your pool was out of commission.

For me, I am a lap swimmer. There was an occasion when I checked the rec schedule and even though it was not listed in the paper or elsewhere, I was swimming at Seabreeze and was told I must get out because there was a Jimmy Buffet party in the pool area. Now....was I happy not to finish my 1/2 mile? Not really....but I did meet some interesting Margarita folks.....and I took myself over to one of the neighborhood pools that I passed on my way home....and finished swimming my 1/2 mile. It really wasn't that big of a deal....and yes, it should have been listed in the paper or online schedule....but it wasn't.

Once again, I totally understand the frustration of the people who were not notified of the closing of the pool.....but with so many options in other TV pools, it really isn't THAT big of a deal.

I wish I had such a problem up north when they have a problem with our one pool. How many pools in TV?????
Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

Guess I should have worded this post differently! I posted because I wanted to alert folks of this so they wouldn't make the trek over to the pool and encounter what I did. I actually did go to the closest family pool when I found the place locked down!! Wasn't angry or even impatient over the deal!!! YES...I agree there are options!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 PM

Swimdog,
I'm an advantaged league volleyball player and there is no other place to have our teams play!!!!!
Thanks Jen!!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Swimdog,
I'm an advantaged league volleyball player and there is no other place to have our teams play!!!!!
Thanks Jen!!
But the pool was closed.....so you didn't play. Didn't you enjoy the ride to the pool?
How can this all be such a big deal?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Sage

You can sign up for e-notifications from the Rec department at this link. There are choices of notifications under "Closings" of executive golf, rec centers, street and miscellaneous.

http://www.districtgov.org/newsletter/newsletter.aspx

Since signing up for these, I've received notices of pool closings due to maintenance and cleaning/painting, etc.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
You can sign up for e-notifications from the Rec department at this link. There are choices of notifications under "Closings" of executive golf, rec centers, street and miscellaneous.

http://www.districtgov.org/newsletter/newsletter.aspx

Since signing up for these, I've received notices of pool closings due to maintenance and cleaning/painting, etc.

Hope that helps.
We've been here awhile and I didn't know about this service...so thank you for posting it! I like helpful responses!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
But the pool was closed.....so you didn't play. Didn't you enjoy the ride to the pool?
yeah. they make it such a big deal. here we don't even have all those pools and never heard of all that water polo stuff. but you guys in the villages are lucky.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Default ONLY time on computer today...life is good

Thanks ILove.
Pool is fixed but water is too cold to use yet.
Sun,
We are very lucky and it is the reason I chose to live here. I never said it was a big deal. In the big scheme of things it is NOT a big deal.

I help schedule the sports pools. I want people to know that many more people want to play advanced volleyball or any volleyball than we have pool time this time of year. I also work with the Rec department and know many complaints have come in about people driving very long distances to find out their class or organized game is canceled. So its been 3 days of closure and hopefully we can use it tomorrow. It means nothing to some people and more to team members who have missed it for 3 days.
On a positive note, last night the advanced volleyball team helped sponsor "Focus On Children" at Seabreeze.

Everyone have a great pm, I know I will.(tree lighting) .
Old 12-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Swimdog,
Thanks Jen!!
I was actually involved in World University Games with water volleyball and I don't recall an "advantaged" category. Please clarify when you have a moment.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.