Colony Switch

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Default Colony Switch

I have a Colony patio villa. Just inside the front door there are four light switches. Can someone tell me what the second switch in from the door is supposed to operate? Thanks
Old 03-22-2015, 05:37 PM

If you have an outlet in the floor of your living room it most likely controls that outlet for your table lamps.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenY View Post
If you have an outlet in the floor of your living room it most likely controls that outlet for your table lamps.

My floor outlet is controlled by two independent circuits - one for each half of the outlet. But you are correct that one is likely a wall switch.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There has been a "what does this do" switch in every home I have owned. Brings back a memory of the commercial where the owner is turning the switch off and on and a neighbors garage door is going up and down hiyying the top of the car.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cst4villages View Post
I have a Colony patio villa. Just inside the front door there are four light switches. Can someone tell me what the second switch in from the door is supposed to operate? Thanks
Switch on outlet to turn on a lamp when plugged in. Should have a green dot on the outlet that goes to that switch. Hope that helps
Old 03-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

The new homes have added red and blue dot "codes". Red dot being wall/floor outlet switch, some are three way. The Blue dot threw me off, but it is a also a wall type switch controlling two receptacles or more just above the kitchen cabinets.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cst4villages View Post
4 Switches Not necessarily in this order
1. Outside light "inside" screen lanai.
2. Fan inside lanai.
3. 1/2 Outlet on wall directly across living room (looking from front door). Probably where your TV is located.
4. Outside lights on both sides of garage door.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.