Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
My frustration is the change over from one (Comcast) to another. We have the Comcast DVR's and like them. Not sure what others offer? I know I will have to bite the bullet soon and switch. But just dislike the idea of having go through the process to have it done. Can anyone share their experiences in making the change over. I spoke to Comcast a few days ago and it was like the old shell game on the streets of New York City where they put a pea under a walnut shell, move the 3 around and ask you to guess which has the shell? Comcast kept moving the pea around for various prices and each time the price grew.
I went from Comcast here in MA to Comcast here in TV. No real issues but you need to be patient with their customer service! The one thing that is actually better in TV with Comcast is their new whole house DVR (like Dish or Direct). Didn't get phone since we use Ooma (and love it by the way!).
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I went from Comcast here in MA to Comcast here in TV. No real issues but you need to be patient with their customer service! The one thing that is actually better in TV with Comcast is their new whole house DVR (like Dish or Direct). Didn't get phone since we use Ooma (and love it by the way!).
I agree with Russ that the whole house DVR is a very good thing. When you read comments about Comcast, which is the only land line choice in TV, you have to take into consideration many of the comments made on this forum and digest them to figure out what they're really trying to say.

ANY customer service to a community of 55 plus is a challenge to start with. 15% of the people hate paying for tv to start with, and thus will resent any product except an antenna they can stick up on their roof. 15% don't want to pay for any month of tv when they are somewhere else, but don't understand the suspend process. 15% don't read carefully what they're signing up for, like the guy who said he didn't get a 'free' DVR with his HD, as it's very clear on the form. DVR service $10. 15% have to complain about anything and everything. Heh everybody join this posse to lynch Comcast.

Comcast offers a great triple play at a very fair price. No weather to deal with, and great internet speed along with very good telephone service. I'm leaving Dish in the mountains of NC, and all it's interruptions.

This topic will always be like politics or gas vs electric carts, as there is no way to please all. Try and keep an open mind, and to all the hate mail this will generate, I respond in this manner. "Please take your nap first" Have a nice day.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
I agree with Russ that the whole house DVR is a very good thing. When you read comments about Comcast, which is the only land line choice in TV, you have to take into consideration many of the comments made on this forum and digest them to figure out what they're really trying to say.

ANY customer service to a community of 55 plus is a challenge to start with. 15% of the people hate paying for tv to start with, and thus will resent any product except an antenna they can stick up on their roof. 15% don't want to pay for any month of tv when they are somewhere else, but don't understand the suspend process. 15% don't read carefully what they're signing up for, like the guy who said he didn't get a 'free' DVR with his HD, as it's very clear on the form. DVR service $10. 15% have to complain about anything and everything. Heh everybody join this posse to lynch Comcast.

Comcast offers a great triple play at a very fair price. No weather to deal with, and great internet speed along with very good telephone service. I'm leaving Dish in the mountains of NC, and all it's interruptions.

This topic will always be like politics or gas vs electric carts, as there is no way to please all. Try and keep an open mind, and to all the hate mail this will generate, I respond in this manner. "Please take your nap first" Have a nice day.
So true, so true.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
...When you read comments about Comcast, which is the only land line choice in TV, you have to take into consideration many of the comments made on this forum and digest them to figure out what they're really trying to say...
What do you mean Comcast is the only land line choice in TV? Century Link is the third largest telecommunications company in America. We have home phone and internet with Century Link in Tamarind Grove. Our land line phone has unlimited long distance, caller ID and call waiting plus our internet is 10mbps speed both services for $59.99 a month plus tax. Since we're sports fans we have Directv satellite for our televisions so we didn't need to bundle all three. If you call Directv when moving to TV and ask about telephone and internet service they will switch you to Century Link without you redialing. They also plan to be able to bundle Directv and Century Link next year.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW
Thumbs up

Quote:

This topic will always be like politics or gas vs electric carts, as there is no way to please all. Try and keep an open mind, and to all the hate mail this will generate, I respond in this manner. "Please take your nap first" Have a nice
day.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Truly Don't Understand

I truly don't understand why some who write notes when they don't understand what they are answering? It is either a reading comprehension problem or a need to make a negative point regardless of the facts. I will not try to explain the basis for the latter behavior.
I believe the writer wrote in quote," like the guy who said he didn't get a free DVR with his HD as it is very clear on the form.."
Let's translate that to a set of facts. It was committed the writer would get the first DVR free for the program (which still exists). Does that in any way
relate to the misleading quote placed in the TOTV?
As I said it is either a reading comprehension problem or a motive which I don't understand. !!
I was going to disregard this silly thing but did not like to see someone put
someone else down just to "have fun".
Old 12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

My DVR/HD box responded slower than a turtle. So I faced the adversity I knew was coming and as I left for the COMCAST (XFINITY) service office at 7:30 AM my wife made mention that I was leaving too early since it didn't open until 8:30PM. I arrived at 8:00AM and found a line of 22 people. The first guy in line had arrived at 6:30 AM. a woman arrived just after me and compalined that she had made three appintments to have installers to install service and waited all day each day and they didn't show. She wanted a face to face and given what she had experienced I thought she was quite calm. I suggested that she tell them she wanted six months free service for the problems they caused her and to hold out for nothing less than 3 months.

When they opened only one service rep was there and another showed up an half hour later. There wasn't a happy camper in the building. However every time the service people completed a transaction we all applauded as the customer walked out the door.

When I finally got home, 2 hours later, I called after hooking up my box to have it activated. It is suppose to load its programs in 45 minutes according to the rep. The long and short of it is that I had to activate the box 4 times and on the following day despite my misgivings I agreed to power off the box so it could reload quickly. It took almost all night to re-load. In addition despite 4 different XFINITY people attempts we could not properly pare my remote to my TV. I can get guide and no volume or the reverse but not both. So I spent another 1/2 hour convincing a rep to mail me a remote. I also had to make arrangements to have a tech come to my home to test to see why the box does not fully load/ and /or takes forever. My tech is scheduled for between 2-5 Saturday. However the telephone rep told me if he doesn't show up I can get a premium station free for 3 months. I replied that this certainly was not a confidence builder and that by the way I had all of their premium stations now.

In fairness to the XFINITY employees they were quite patent and courteous and truly wanted to help me. I believe these employees are being placed at a disadvantage owing to poor management. I intend to focus my letter of concern to the board of directors. I believe XFINITY sub-contracts too much out
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
JenAjd, do you have Prism in the Villages? I checked online, and when I put in my zip 32159, it said "not available" this area. Maybe that website is out of date?

I'm looking for TV service + internet, and am anxious to get rid of Verizon wireless, as it constantly kicks me offline! So annoying!

Thanks for any suggestions!
it said that when I ordered it, and I've had Prism for 5 months now.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:55 PM

https://www.comcast.com/shop/buyflow...5132&&Inflow=1
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Platinum member

I still say it's too bad Brighthouse isn't in the Villages, they would blow Comcast out of the water!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
What do you mean Comcast is the only land line choice in TV? Century Link is the third largest telecommunications company in America. We have home phone and internet with Century Link in Tamarind Grove. Our land line phone has unlimited long distance, caller ID and call waiting plus our internet is 10mbps speed both services for $59.99 a month plus tax. Since we're sports fans we have Directv satellite for our televisions so we didn't need to bundle all three. If you call Directv when moving to TV and ask about telephone and internet service they will switch you to Century Link without you redialing. They also plan to be able to bundle Directv and Century Link next year.
Ditto for us in Tamarind Grove.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Gold member
Default Soup Cans

Try and keep an open mind, and to all the hate mail this will generate, I respond in this manner. "Please take your nap first" Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

Jim I just woke up!

So ahhhh is this why you installed those Progressive Soup Cans and lines from your home to Glens and our new House. Or should I not let the others in Tamarind in on our top secret new discounted land lines!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Gold member
Default Sorry

Sorry Jim-

I Love you man!

Ruth say's Ohhh no! She is preparing for when the Tamarind Gang rides together.

Trish better get down here and help her out!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.