Comcast cell phone service

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts
Default Comcast cell phone service

Has anyone signed up for the brand new Comcast cell phone service? Apparently, you can get unlimited talk, text, and data through the Verizon network and WiFi hotspots for $45 per month, which is way cheaper than the regular Verizon service. You must already have Comcast internet. Is this a great deal, or am I missing something?
Old 05-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Has anyone signed up for the brand new Comcast cell phone service? Apparently, you can get unlimited talk, text, and data through the Verizon network and WiFi hotspots for $45 per month, which is way cheaper than the regular Verizon service. You must already have Comcast internet. Is this a great deal, or am I missing something?
Well, it is comcast customer service so it is an absolute no go for me. I like that I can visit a real person in a real store with questions about my cell phone or service. I can not even imagine how bad comcast will f this up, too...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Well, it is comcast customer service so it is an absolute no go for me. I like that I can visit a real person in a real store with questions about my cell phone or service. I can not even imagine how bad comcast will f this up, too...

You can talk with a real person at Comcast, either at their store on 441 across from Wall Mart or down in Leesburg and frankly, I've had very good support and success at both from the people who work there.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
You can talk with a real person at Comcast, either at their store on 441 across from Wall Mart or down in Leesburg and frankly, I've had very good support and success at both from the people who work there.
So you are getting your new cell phone from comcast? Lmk how that turns out...

Old 05-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Gold member

I thought Centurylink also had a connection with Verizon for cell phone service.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage

Well, I stopped by the Verizon store today. I asked the guy there why I should pay $80 per month for unlimited Verizon service, when I can get the same thing from Comcast for $45, that also uses the Verizon network for phone calls. He said that my calls using Comcast (and also Straight Talk from Walmart) would be handled as lower priority calls than Verizon customer calls, and that I would probably experience dropped calls. I would like an opinion about whether or not this is really what happens. Comcast and Walmart both advertise that they use the Verizon network, but is it the same service as if you had a Verizon direct contract?
Old 05-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Well, I stopped by the Verizon store today. I asked the guy there why I should pay $80 per month for unlimited Verizon service, when I can get the same thing from Comcast for $45, that also uses the Verizon network for phone calls. He said that my calls using Comcast (and also Straight Talk from Walmart) would be handled as lower priority calls than Verizon customer calls, and that I would probably experience dropped calls. I would like an opinion about whether or not this is really what happens. Comcast and Walmart both advertise that they use the Verizon network, but is it the same service as if you had a Verizon direct contract?
I left Verizon for "Straight Talk" years ago and saw no difference in service. It was just a better price. I have since gone from "Straight Talk" to "Cricket" for an even better price. Now on AT&T network which works for me.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I did some research today as we currently have Verizon cell phone service. Please note that you will need to purchase new phones. Even though Comcast/Xfinity uses the Verizon network, you cannot use your Verizon cell phone.

However, even with having to purchase new phones for both hubby and me and carrying the monthly payments for them, we would still be paying $50 less per month. (And I need to purchase a new phone either from Verizon or Xfinity as mine does not have enough storage.) I like it because I can bump up to unlimited data ($45/month) and just purchase a 1GB plan ($12/month) for hubby who hardly ever uses his phone. Xfinity also does not charge a line fee. That's where Verizon is really getting us.

Xfinity's offer on unlimited data is good until 7/31/17. I think I'm going to wait until sometime next month and read some reviews about Xfinity's service and then make a decision.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Has anyone signed up for the brand new Comcast cell phone service?
Before you make a commitment - why not take a ride over to the Cricket Wireless store on Bichara Blvd [close to Publix] and talk to those folks?

Cricket uses AT&T towers and hubs and I have no problem with them the entire distance between Maine and Florida and all around NJ/PA and the Villages.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...ent=View_Plans

You can do a search here on TOTV and see just how many folks have switched to Cricket since they opened here.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Sage

Well, after doing a lot of research, I decided to give the new Comcast Xfinity Mobile phone service a try. I received my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone 3 days ago. So far, all is good. My cell reception is great in my house south of 466A, and everywhere I have gone in The Villages. My cost for service is $45 per month, for unlimited talk, text, and data. All my phone calls are handled using the Verizon network. Compared to the comparable unlimited Verizon service, I am saving $35 per month. The limitations are that you must have Comcast internet service, purchase a new phone through Comcast, and use auto-pay for monthly billing. I hope it works, but, if not, I can always switch to back to Sprint or sign up with Verizon or another CDMA phone compatible service because the service agreement is month to month.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Well, after doing a lot of research, I decided to give the new Comcast Xfinity Mobile phone service a try. I received my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone 3 days ago. So far, all is good. My cell reception is great in my house south of 466A, and everywhere I have gone in The Villages. My cost for service is $45 per month, for unlimited talk, text, and data. All my phone calls are handled using the Verizon network. Compared to the comparable unlimited Verizon service, I am saving $35 per month. The limitations are that you must have Comcast internet service, purchase a new phone through Comcast, and use auto-pay for monthly billing. I hope it works, but, if not, I can always switch to back to Sprint or sign up with Verizon or another CDMA phone compatible service because the service agreement is month to month.
Let us know how it is going after a month or so of billing, ok? I have had the exact same Comcast Cable service for 8 months and have been billed upwards of $20+ depending on the month. Nothing in my contract has changed... best of luck!

Old 06-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Let us know how it is going after a month or so of billing, ok? I have had the exact same Comcast Cable service for 8 months and have been billed upwards of $20+ depending on the month. Nothing in my contract has changed... best of luck!

Same here on the Concast experience. This new cell phone offer sounds tasty but time will tell for certain. I really hope it works out for everyone. Peace Out!
Old 06-06-2017, 11:42 AM

We have a Verizon month by month plan for $45 on a Samsung S4. If you sign up for automatic monthly charge card payment you get 2.0 GB of 4G data, which is plenty unless you watch movies, and unlimited talk and text. Don't know but you may be able to keep your existing Verizon phone. An older Samsung phone works fine and cost a lot less than current model. Just try to get the latest Android version you can. Version phones get occasional software updates where Straight Talk and other third party providers do not. I must say that that when I activated the Verizon phone I spoke with a very pleasant English speaking young woman. Have also had Straight Talk over Verizon towers and it worked fine.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I have sprint with 3 new phones and pay $90 a month for unlimited everything.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
I assume the price you are quoting is for one phone, one person?
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, service, verizon, phone, cell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.