Comcast Letting Me Down

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Platinum member
Default Comcast Letting Me Down

There is an article in today’s DS that Comcast is dropping The Big Ten Newwork in all areas except where the Big Ten Schools are located. Is Comcast nuts? Do they not realize these schools have alumni throughout the US? Makes me wonder if this is a ploy to extract more fees from the BTN. I am paying for an extra sports package to get th the BTN. I will drop this like a hot rock. If IU has a decent football team, it is goodby to Comcast and hello to another streaming service!

Join me is sending feedback to Comcast Executive, Tom Karinshak. Let him know you displeasure with dropping the Big Ten Network.

https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Last edited by Mleeja; 04-13-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Default Comcast and Big Ten Network

I feel your pain! Just finished a frustrating call with Comcast. This is another instance of a network negotiating for more money from providers. ABC and Fox were blocked out by another provider not too long ago. This is not totally Comcast's fault (which hurts for me to admit) but is also the BTN's desire for more money.

As of now, they are still in negotiations so I'm not giving up hope yet. It will cost us $10/month for the remainder of our contract if we leave in August. They claim that we are getting the BTN through an add-on package so it isn't part of the contract which frees them from the liability of changing our contract. If this is important to anyone looking to begin service with Comcast, be warned.

One way or another, we Buckeyes will be watching the BTN as our beloved team marches on to another wonderful season. Go Bucks!!!!!
Old 04-13-2018, 06:40 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Comcast continues to reinforce their well-deserved and hard earned reputation as the company offering the WORST customer service in America (per Forbes magazine). At least they are consistent - ALWAYS BAD - IMHO.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Default Re: Comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
I feel your pain! Just finished a frustrating call with Comcast. This is another instance of a network negotiating for more money from providers. ABC and Fox were blocked out by another provider not too long ago. This is not totally Comcast's fault (which hurts for me to admit) but is also the BTN's desire for more money.

As of now, they are still in negotiations so I'm not giving up hope yet. It will cost us $10/month for the remainder of our contract if we leave in August. They claim that we are getting the BTN through an add-on package so it isn't part of the contract which frees them from the liability of changing our contract. If this is important to anyone looking to begin service with Comcast, be warned.

One way or another, we Buckeyes will be watching the BTN as our beloved team marches on to another wonderful season. Go Bucks!!!!!
My view-I think we all agree the service stinks and the fees are outrageous. The only reason they still exist is that Spectrum is not any better.

"Our contract," I'm not an atty but, far as I know or think I know by changing the agreement Comcast has unilaterally voided any contract you feel you owe them.

I WONDER-DOES ANYONE KNOW-what prevents us from negotiating a contract for the Villages or for one Village?
Where this is done in other developments, the fees are running around $60 a month according to chats with a friend.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:47 AM

I finally got rid of Comcast. Customer service was terrible and cost keeps going up when services are being eliminated. I went to Century Link for just internet 80 mbs and I stream live TV with HULU. Much cheaper and I get most of the major networks. Hulu carried all NCAA basketball games live and now they are showing all Stankey Cup hockey games. Outside of some buffering issues at times it works great. Comcast begged me to stay but I had enough. I wouldn't be surprised if they will show the BTN.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Corrupt

Does anyone doubt that the Cable Companies are the most corrupted non governed companies in the US. It is not a case if they are anymore as they raise and adjust rates at a whim and are not under any meaningful laws. Where are the monopoly laws or price fixing. In some cases they even share offices. This represents a total out of control industry.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Platinum member

Reply I received from Comcast.

Dear Mr. ******

This is Jacqueline with the Office of Tom Karinshak. I do want to thank you for your feedback on the removal of the Big Ten Network. I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with not being able to view your favorite sports. I will be happy to address your concerns.

Thank you for reaching out and requesting that the Big Ten Network through the Sports and Entertainment package not be removed from the lineup. Several years ago, we responded to the interests of some sports fans in certain markets by adding a limited number of out-of-market sports channels. Since then the opportunities for fans to connect with their sports interests outside of the area where they live has grown dramatically by way of online sites and mobile applications. Due to these developments, viewership of these blacked-out channels has dropped to a point in which they no longer represent an appropriate value to the Sports and Entertainment package.

We do understand that our customers do enjoy what we offer through the cable services. I would like to inform you that we do offer alternative networks in which you can view your favorite games, such as ESPN or FOX Sports.

Mr. ******, we value your business and thank you for choosing XFINITY. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you. Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Big Ten Network. We appreciate you choosing XFINITY as your service provider.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline P.
Office of Tom Karinshak
Old 04-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

On Directv we have Big 10 Network on 610 plus BTN 610-1, 610-2, 610-3 and 610-4. The regular programing is on 610 and the other channels are usually in use during football or basketball season when they have several games on at once and they're all in HD. I don't think the sports package is that much more, maybe $5 a month. The sports package is extensive, about 150 channels. For example I'm from Baltimore so I get MASN and can see Ravens and Orioles programing, or if you're a Redskins or Nationals fan they have FOX DC. It's that way with all cities sports channels. This doesn't include MLB or NFL Sunday ticket, they are separate purchases as well as NHL and NBA package. For example during football season, you will get all the Big 10 football games, it's mostly pro teams that they will blackout if they are on, such as the Red Sox on NESN or Yankees on YES, you can get the game but would be extra. I have the Premier Package, which is every channel Directv offers so I don't have to worry if I have the channel or not.

Last edited by John_W; 04-14-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
There is an article in today’s DS that Comcast is dropping The Big Ten Newwork in all areas except where the Big Ten Schools are located. Is Comcast nuts? Do they not realize these schools have alumni throughout the US? Makes me wonder if this is a ploy to extract more fees from the BTN. I am paying for an extra sports package to get th the BTN. I will drop this like a hot rock. If IU has a decent football team, it is goodby to Comcast and hello to another streaming service!

Join me is sending feedback to Comcast Executive, Tom Karinshak. Let him know you displeasure with dropping the Big Ten Network.

IF you get Fox Sports with your current package, you should be able to download the Fox Sports Go app on one of several devices,and then you can stream The Big Ten Network to your tv.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

Thank You for posting this today. You helped me from jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Centurylink has been acting up for a month after close to two years of flawless service. I called Comcast today. First 35 minutes waiting for a representative, a poor way to get started and when they answered and I could not understand their English I politely said I wanted to hang up and thanked him for his time. I can't do it again, I just can't. Comcast is about as stable as Jello!
Old 04-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Sage

when we first moved to TV about 7 years ago, signed up with comcast--dumped them after 6 weeks-- what really irked me they charged for installation in a prewired new house-their customer service -was the straw that broke the deal
Old 04-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Sage

A few weeks ago my online chat with Comcast ruined a good part of the day. I just wanted to sign in to be sure they had posted a payment to the account, a simple request.. but NO!, not to Comcast. First, the login in I've used for years wouldn't work. They seem to have changed their site format. "Vishi," trying to be helpful, made it worse and changed my user name to something that made sense to him/her but not me. This was followed by a hard-sell for their latest promotion and, finally, instead of answering my question, a double-charge to the account.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
A few weeks ago my online chat with Comcast ruined a good part of the day. I just wanted to sign in to be sure they had posted a payment to the account, a simple request.. but NO!, not to Comcast. First, the login in I've used for years wouldn't work. They seem to have changed their site format. "Vishi," trying to be helpful, made it worse and changed my user name to something that made sense to him/her but not me. This was followed by a hard-sell for their latest promotion and, finally, instead of answering my question, a double-charge to the account.
They changed your login. I understand. Something's "Vishi."
Old 04-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
They changed your login. I understand. Something's "Vishi."
I'm happy you're back posting!
Old 04-16-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
If IU has a decent football team, it is goodby to Comcast and hello to another streaming service!
ROTFL! IU. Decent football. HaHaHaHa!
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, big, schools, ten, btn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.