Comcast local phone number?

Comcast local phone number?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Comcast local phone number?
  #1  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,071
Default Comcast local phone number?

Some time ago there was a "local" phone number posted on TOTV for an agent who seemed good at getting deals for TV residents.

My Xfinity is due to double mid-January from $25 to $50 and, since I'm here only four months of the year (and never away long enough to really use their seasonal disconnect) $600 a year is a lot to pay for basic internet (I don't need high speed).

Does anyone have a "contact" who may be able to help?

Thank you
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 01-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,904
Default

Go to their new store on 441. Very friendly and easy to work with. The can help.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:01 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,901
Default

If you are losing your introductory price, have you considered canceling the service the next time you leave town, and then become a new customer when you return? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you are losing your introductory price, have you considered canceling the service the next time you leave town, and then become a new customer when you return? Just a thought.
I think one has to be a non-customer for a certain length of time before they'll take you on again, but I could be wrong.

I was off three months last time, and it took another three months after signing up to get the billing correct as they had two accounts for me - billing on one and credit card details on the other - so I kept getting late payment charges :-(

They certainly don't make it easy for "loyal" customers!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Go to their new store on 441. Very friendly and easy to work with. The can help.
Thanks, Bogie - where exactly is it (golf cart accessible)?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:29 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,901
Default

Corner of 441 and Rolling Acres Road, in a small strip mall in between Best Buy and 441 and adjacent to Starbucks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:10 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I think one has to be a non-customer for a certain length of time before they'll take you on again, but I could be wrong.
I believe it's 2 years. What I used to do with Verizon Fios up north (geez do I ever miss them) is switch between my wife and I every 2 years. They would use SSN and Phone number not home address to ID subs because anyone can move in or out even with same last name. Did that for 7 years (3 renewals) without problem. We learned how to time it so we were without service no more than 8-12hrs each time we switched. Pretty sure ComCrap works the same way. Will find out very soon as my internet only contract is due very soon. If they don't keep my current rate will switch over to my wife.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Corner of 441 and Rolling Acres Road, in a small strip mall in between Best Buy and 441 and adjacent to Starbucks.
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2019, 07:19 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I believe it's 2 years. What I used to do with Verizon Fios up north (geez do I ever miss them) is switch between my wife and I every 2 years. They would use SSN and Phone number not home address to ID subs because anyone can move in or out even with same last name. Did that for 7 years (3 renewals) without problem. We learned how to time it so we were without service no more than 8-12hrs each time we switched. Pretty sure ComCrap works the same way. Will find out very soon as my internet only contract is due very soon. If they don't keep my current rate will switch over to my wife.
Thank you - please let us know if it works :-)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7,899
Default

It works in Florida. I lived near Ed in Jersey, we all think the same. Good or Bad, I don't know! ComCrap = Ship of Fools.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
local, number, phone, seasonal, long

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.