Comcast Outage

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Well, less than 2 weeks ago an Xfinity crew came into several yards including ours, dug holes in order to lay new cable for upgraded service. They cut our cable to the house, didn't say a word, wound it up tightly and tossed it behind the utility box.
We were without service for part of 3 days. On the phone they said they would credit our acct. $80, with we thought high. They credited $20, which was less than they said, but ok by us. Now another crew digging has done more damage. Probably a Comcast crew, but who knows.
We haven't been very pleased with Xfinity recently.
BTW, still out at 6:50 pm.
Cable companies have among the highest customer dissatisfaction rates of any companies consumers deal with.
We are comcast customers and were without service till about 5 pm. The triple play TV, Phone and computer all down.

The best thing about comcast is that the others stink as well.

As to digging on your property. This seems to be a regular practice in the Villages. Seems to me they should need to ring your bell to get permission. I would wonder are you obligated if they enter your property and your dog, pet alligator takes a bite out of them?

Comcast according to one of the workers I spoke to uses subcontractors. They do not seem to have any need to do a proper job.

We had a cut cable due to our neighbor having a pool put in.
It was like watching the three stooges. I called to report that the cable was cut and where it was cut. Comcast sent a guy who was only authorized to check our home wiring. His conclusion cable is cut. A day or two later they sent another,
contractor or company guy who ran an un-burried cable it sat for about a year till his lawn guy cut it with a mower. Seems they use brown colored cable to bury and black is supposed to be above ground. Then they sent yet another crew and they installed brown cable and buried it. I had to patch their lawn restoration job as they just left the sod laying around with no soil contact. Oh they left an unconnected coil of the brown cable laying on the electric meter. Yet another repair guy came over and simply cut the cable. I don't know. We are currently connected-till the system went down-with either black or brown cable and I have a piece of brown cable that seems to be connected that was buried not 8 inches down but about 1/4 inch-threw some of MY mulch over it and done.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Cable companies have among the highest customer dissatisfaction rates of any companies consumers deal with.
We are comcast customers and were without service till about 5 pm. The triple play TV, Phone and computer all down.

The best thing about comcast is that the others stink as well.

As to digging on your property. This seems to be a regular practice in the Villages. Seems to me they should need to ring your bell to get permission. I would wonder are you obligated if they enter your property and your dog, pet alligator takes a bite out of them?

Comcast according to one of the workers I spoke to uses subcontractors. They do not seem to have any need to do a proper job.

We had a cut cable due to our neighbor having a pool put in.
It was like watching the three stooges. I called to report that the cable was cut and where it was cut. Comcast sent a guy who was only authorized to check our home wiring. His conclusion cable is cut. A day or two later they sent another,
contractor or company guy who ran an un-burried cable it sat for about a year till his lawn guy cut it with a mower. Seems they use brown colored cable to bury and black is supposed to be above ground. Then they sent yet another crew and they installed brown cable and buried it. I had to patch their lawn restoration job as they just left the sod laying around with no soil contact. Oh they left an unconnected coil of the brown cable laying on the electric meter. Yet another repair guy came over and simply cut the cable. I don't know. We are currently connected-till the system went down-with either black or brown cable and I have a piece of brown cable that seems to be connected that was buried not 8 inches down but about 1/4 inch-threw some of MY mulch over it and done.
lol, well we are in the orange cable waiting to be buried phase. I saw the crew before digging and my thought was not to hinder their progress. I didn't think they were close to the original buried cable. They could have asked but didnt. They could have explained what they were doing,but didnt. Getting a real person on the phone was difficult, and repair was 3 days away though they moved it up one day.
Several different workers showed up to finish a task but couldn't because the original crew screwed up. They are suppose to come out and repair sod in several yards, hence little orange flags to cut around. In fairness, the guy who came out to reconnect us was great. All were contractors in non Xfinity vehicles.
You are right, I think they are all bad. And noone will be doing anything on my property without an explanation.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
lol, well we are in the orange cable waiting to be buried phase. I saw the crew before digging and my thought was not to hinder their progress. I didn't think they were close to the original buried cable. They could have asked but didnt. They could have explained what they were doing,but didnt. Getting a real person on the phone was difficult, and repair was 3 days away though they moved it up one day.
Several different workers showed up to finish a task but couldn't because the original crew screwed up. They are suppose to come out and repair sod in several yards, hence little orange flags to cut around. In fairness, the guy who came out to reconnect us was great. All were contractors in non Xfinity vehicles.
You are right, I think they are all bad. And noone will be doing anything on my property without an explanation.
They came and cut our cable because that was all the tech could think to do, it was not the problem. He said another crew would be by to bury the new cable. My husband said no way, the original cable was run through conduit and he insisted that this one would be also. After several phone calls they finally agreed and it took the contractor less than 15 minutes to complete.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I would bet pretty heavy there will be no credit for a days outage unless you called, talked to a person and asked for it. So check those bills and see if you get a credit.

One time a few years ago they were out 24 hours so I divided my bill by 30 and deducted that amount from my payment. They carried that forward for over a year before someone called and asked me about it. I told them why and they still had to go back and check records to make sure they had an outage. About 3 months later that carry over amount was dropped.
My Comcast bill was due to be debited today,
and I noted that there was already 1 day credit applied
for the service outage!
No need to call, it was automatically applied!
Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Which is why I love Spectrum

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-20-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Comcast was so bad in the town where I lived in Illinois that a second cable company was allowed to come in (Wide Open West now WOW) which was very rare to have two. But I must say that Comcast is noticeably better here than there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I just received my bill/invoice by e-mail this afternoon...and no credit shown.

We'll see about that!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Sage

RUTROW...here we go again!

Looks like the same area (TV/Voice/Internet) and it's showing 2,500+

Estimated time of resolution:

6/20/2019, 8:16 pm EDT
Old 06-20-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
RUTROW...here we go again!

Looks like the same area (TV/Voice/Internet) and it's showing 2,500+

Estimated time of resolution:

6/20/2019, 8:16 pm EDT
Back up in Sanibel... only down for 5 minutes
Old 06-20-2019, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa View Post
Back up in Sanibel... only down for 5 minutes
I have internet and voice on the television...but no picture.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I have internet and voice on the television...but no picture.
A hard reboot on the cable box...seems to have worked!
Closed Thread

Tags
1230ish, added, shrug, hour, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.