Comcast is terrible

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
The last I heard, Verizon did not have phone service in TV but was near to having Internet modem available. Has things changed? I have been a loyal Verizon customer forever.
We have Verizon phone service and Verizon wireless internet service too.

But...not perfect. The little mifi box requires rebooting a lot on some days and not so much on others.

That kind of technology is above this blonde head.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
The new section of Sanibel (178) has competition. Comcast, Century Link, Direct TV and Brighthouse cable. I have called Brighthouse customer service, they were very nice. Triple play package is $115 for 4 TV's. No contract, cancel any time. The only problem is the area is so new they do not have it in their system. I met the contractor that was installing their cables. Their are pedistal boxes in our yard with "Brighthouse cable" on them. The customer service rep is supposed to call me back. They did not have the new Zip code 32163 in their system. Comcast and Century link did not have the new Zip code.
Actually Comcast does --they are in the process of surveying our home in Sanibel and will be providing service to us on January 11 --I hope!!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Comcast vs Verizon FIOS

At the time that I switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS (March 2009) the cost for Comcast TV and Internet was equal to the cost of FIOS Triple Play (TV, Internet, and phone with unlimited long distance. Comcast was moving channels into packages that would cost extra, so for me the decision was easy.

Now, I get mail from Comcast, asking me to come back at a lower rate.

It all has to do with competition.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Latest Comcast offer

The latest Comcast offer just came in today's mail. If I "re-up," I get a "chance" to win a $500 Apple gift card.

WOW ! )-
Old 11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
The new section of Sanibel (178) has competition. Comcast, Century Link, Direct TV and Brighthouse cable. I have called Brighthouse customer service, they were very nice. Triple play package is $115 for 4 TV's. No contract, cancel any time. The only problem is the area is so new they do not have it in their system. I met the contractor that was installing their cables. Their are pedistal boxes in our yard with "Brighthouse cable" on them. The customer service rep is supposed to call me back. They did not have the new Zip code 32163 in their system. Comcast and Century link did not have the new Zip code.
Have not heard of this zip code before.....is it valid???
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Unhappy

I recently (3 week ago) cancelled comcast and went to Century Link.
Prism is not available here, so they hooked up Direct Tv and scheduled a service call to hook up internet.
Direct TV came in three days and did hookup of all 3 tv's. Showed up on time and did a great job - real happy with Direct TV.
Century Link canceled their setup and said they would call to reset when they got "parts" in. Never called. Called a week later and went through 4 people and told the "engineer" would call within 2 days. Never did. Called Monday and they said they had no idea when the parts were coming in and if I didn't like that I could cancel the internet.
Problem is the internet and tv were a package deal and Direct Tv is using the inside cable cannection, so I have nowhere but the telephone lines to hook up internet. I have a temporary comcast connection for internet now, but they are going to double my internet charges and still possibly disconnect me because I cancelled TV portion of deal.
Comcast was rude and didn't even want to hear how I was upset with my bill going up 75%.
Century Link doesn't seem to be any better.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Wow

Wow, that's scary..!!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
This is part of a direct quote from an article that AOL had in the news.

However, there are apparently people that are far more frustrated with Comcast. The country's largest cable provider lost 165,000 net cable subscribers in its latest quarter. This isn't some one-time quarterly fluke. Comcast has seen 443,000 more homes cancel than sign up so far this year, and that's after losing 757,000 accounts in 2010 after shedding 623,000 customers in 2009.
Tom, Thank you for posting this. That is interesting about Comcast shedding customers. I have Comcast for phone, TV and internet here in suburban Chicago - internet and TV since 2002, phone for 4 months. Can't say my service has been 100%, but no huge complaints with Comcast, not enough to switch. But at this rate of shedding customers, will Comcast be in business a few years from now? They spend tons of money advertising in the Chicago area -- maybe they are running scared?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In July we had Century Link install high speed internet 1.5 mbps (they called it 'to the curb' no modem) and home phone with unlimited long distance with no problems. We were told it would $54.99 a month plus tax, so expect about $70 a month plus the first month would have some installation charges.

Our first bill arrived and it was $202 which included $77 for our plan, not $54.99 and many other charges. I immediately called and they responded that they don't have any plans at $54.99. I still had the business card from the rep on Hwy 27/441 office that signed us up in person, so I told them this is the info he gave me and I wrote everything down. They said I was speaking with customer service in Orlando but they would connect me with "The Save Desk" in Charlotte, but don't tell anyone else that.

When the rep in Charlotte came on the phone I explained the problem and at that very moment I was looking at the Century Link website and they had a plan on their home page for $59.99 that included 10 mpbs speed internet and unlimited long distance telephone. He said fine, that's what you want, that' what you'll have, and besides that your bill is no longer $202, it's now $102, anything else I can do. On Monday my internet speed went from 1.5 to 10.0, I paid the $102 bill and my bills since have been about $75 with tax.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.