Comfortable Distance in a Golf Cart?

Comfortable Distance in a Golf Cart?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
We outfitted our cart with upgraded bucket seats which have wonderful lumbar supports. Bucket seats were a must for me as I'm short and could not easily reach the pedals. The lumbar support is an added bonus which was worth every penny for those seats.
Mine has the 1500 dollar bucket seats with lumbar and adjustable seats, seat belts and head rest. I ran low tire pressure for about 2 years, easy on my back but worn my tires out on the outside.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
The way I describe how far you can go with an electric golf cart is, with new batteries I can go from Country Club Hills to Brownwood, drive around down there and drive back without a problem. After a year, I can go to Brownwood, drive around a little bit and make it back. After 2 years I can drive to Brownwood and maybe make it back. 3 years, maybe get Brownwood, but not make it back. 4 years, not even make it to Brownwood. 5 years, lucky to make it to Lake Sumpter and back (time for new batteries).
We have two electrics and your experience is pretty close to ours. When we purchased we expected battery replacement every three. First set was replaced at just short of 4. For us, it's worth the investment for the quiet rides.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We have two electrics and your experience is pretty close to ours. When we purchased we expected battery replacement every three. First set was replaced at just short of 4. For us, it's worth the investment for the quiet rides.
Not only a quiet ride but a vibrations free ride. I've driven three different quiet tech Yamaha gas carts as loaners when I get my cart's annual service and there is a vibration that I don't have in my Yamaha electric cart. Between the engine noise and vibration, I much prefer my electric cart.

I don't drive nearly as far as many Villagers so I don't have the worry about running out of power.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:47 AM

All the "joy" of my golf cart joy ride is gone after about 25 miles with a quiet and smooth electric cart with radial tires. 10 miles on a gas cart. I doubt I put more than 3k miles on my car per year and most of that is to keep the battery charged...And the twin-turbo V6 is also extremely joyful.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:25 AM

We live in Fenney and own a gas streetrod cart and an electric Atomic Zip. So we ride from our house to the Fenney Rec center to the new construction, back to the rec center, back to the new construction, back to the rec center, etc. So far I haven't been able to get the battery level meter on the Zip to move off of the full charge yet. But once we get connected it will be a different story. It will be interesting to see how far we can go in our Zip.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 AM

I am not a big fan of driving all over The Villages in a golf cart. 5 miles is my limit. I like the security of a car, and very rarely take my cart out after dark. To each his/her own.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:09 AM

The main draw of The Villages for me is to drive the golf cart. We have put over 100 miles in a day a couple times. If we can get to it by cart then we will take the cart. Can’t wait for The Fenney path to open to add to the mileage. As I say, it is all about the golf cart miles.

Tags
comfortable, distance, golf, cart, heck