Coming soon...Private fitness club with indoor pool

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulparrot View Post
Are any of the off campuses fitness centers still accessible via golf cart, or will I have to take the Jeep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Now you have to pay attention on these threads 'cause we move fast. This statement is copied from one above....

"You will find them at Laurel Manor, Lake Miona, Colony Cottage and Seabreeze (Is Einsenhower a regional rec center?). Also adjacent to Brownwood and golfcart accessible is a huge, new, privately owned fitness center."
Off campus..............take the jeep.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

the complaints about gyms are pretty much the same result as the complaints about tee times : inflexibility",; especially apparent this time of year.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Excuuuuuuuuuse me! We don't eat BBQ.
CFrance - you should make a resolution to try some, unless you have a dietary or other restriction. It really is very good.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:40 PM

I recently joined the MVP club in Spanish Springs and at first their price seems high all the free classes that are included makes it in my opinion the best bang for your buck
Old 01-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Just when TV is being pressured for a AC pool one magically appears. Does the family have a new franchise business?

The Villages Florida
Ron, if ur suspicious...you need not be. I know the originator of the meeting re indoor pools. Lives here one week a month. Swims indoors daily in north. Wants to be comfy swimming. That is all.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Sage

This screen shot shows the preferred route before morse was complete to 44.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	46885  
Old 01-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Ron, if ur suspicious...you need not be. I know the originator of the meeting re indoor pools. Lives here one week a month. Swims indoors daily in north. Wants to be comfy swimming. That is all.
Carl Bell District #1 Vice Chair of the Amenity Authority Committee had the enclosed pool as his number one issue on this campaign to do list. He is the one who presented it to the AAC. Are you saying Carl Bell lives in TV one week a month? I am guessing this is not the case.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Sounds like something a politician would do!
Does anybody know why he is pushing the Santiago (I think) pool as THE site?

I will repeat what I have said all along......they can do and build and operate anything their heart desires as long as it has zero impact on residents amenity financials. It must stand on it's own financially supported by the users!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Carl Bell District #1 Vice Chair of the Amenity Authority Committee had the enclosed pool as his number one issue on this campaign to do list. He is the one who presented it to the AAC. Are you saying Carl Bell lives in TV one week a month? I am guessing this is not the case.

The Villages Florida
Hi Mayor: My guess is that this is an AAC issue because a number of the residents on the north side took a big burn when the Developer pulled the plug on the Wellness Center and moved it to the SS sales office. they petition to have the indoor pool stay active but lost out. Beware of a scorned indoor swimmer. BTK is spot on as respects its funding build and maintain with membership funding/fees.

How did the Savannah Center meeting regarding this proposal end? anyone
Old 01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debelg View Post
I recently joined the MVP club in Spanish Springs and at first their price seems high all the free classes that are included makes it in my opinion the best bang for your buck
Debelg: I am a member and primarily use the SS club. Those of us who moved from The Villages Wellness Center to MVP can attest to the fact that MVP rates are a huge bargain compared to the Wellness Center .

In addition the staff at MVP are the best. Good human beings, good trainers, good support/admin staff cheery upbeat...Welcome
Old 01-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi Mayor: My guess is that this is an AAC issue because a number of the residents on the north side took a big burn when the Developer pulled the plug on the Wellness Center and moved it to the SS sales office. they petition to have the indoor pool stay active but lost out. Beware of a scorned indoor swimmer. BTK is spot on as respects its funding build and maintain with membership funding/fees.

How did the Savannah Center meeting regarding this proposal end? anyone

According to a short article in the on-line news regarding this meeting, it is going to take five months to study the proposal of an indoor pool. No other details were mentioned regarding costs or location.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
According to a short article in the on-line news regarding this meeting, it is going to take five months to study the proposal of an indoor pool. No other details were mentioned regarding costs or location.
The addition of commercial fitness center with an indoor pool would be a factor in the decision, I would guess.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-06-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
I am here to testify, that is what happened.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.