Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Coming soon...Private fitness club with indoor pool (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/coming-soon-private-fitness-club-indoor-pool-138236/)

Bogie Shooter 01-06-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulparrot (Post 991219)
Are any of the off campuses fitness centers still accessible via golf cart, or will I have to take the Jeep?

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 991231)
Now you have to pay attention on these threads 'cause we move fast. This statement is copied from one above....

"You will find them at Laurel Manor, Lake Miona, Colony Cottage and Seabreeze (Is Einsenhower a regional rec center?). Also adjacent to Brownwood and golfcart accessible is a huge, new, privately owned fitness center."

Off campus..............take the jeep.

rubicon 01-06-2015 12:09 PM

the complaints about gyms are pretty much the same result as the complaints about tee times : inflexibility",; especially apparent this time of year.

dbussone 01-06-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 991239)
Excuuuuuuuuuse me! We don't eat BBQ.

CFrance - you should make a resolution to try some, unless you have a dietary or other restriction. It really is very good.

Happy New Year!

Debelg 01-06-2015 02:40 PM

I recently joined the MVP club in Spanish Springs and at first their price seems high all the free classes that are included makes it in my opinion the best bang for your buck

kittygilchrist 01-06-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVMayor (Post 991131)
Just when TV is being pressured for a AC pool one magically appears. Does the family have a new franchise business?

http://homecraftedmom.com/wp-content...-mark-face.gif

Ron, if ur suspicious...you need not be. I know the originator of the meeting re indoor pools. Lives here one week a month. Swims indoors daily in north. Wants to be comfy swimming. That is all.

kittygilchrist 01-06-2015 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This screen shot shows the preferred route before morse was complete to 44.

TVMayor 01-06-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 991324)
Ron, if ur suspicious...you need not be. I know the originator of the meeting re indoor pools. Lives here one week a month. Swims indoors daily in north. Wants to be comfy swimming. That is all.

Carl Bell District #1 Vice Chair of the Amenity Authority Committee had the enclosed pool as his number one issue on this campaign to do list. He is the one who presented it to the AAC. Are you saying Carl Bell lives in TV one week a month? I am guessing this is not the case.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...OYfy9vZwevHe-x

billethkid 01-06-2015 04:07 PM

Sounds like something a politician would do!
Does anybody know why he is pushing the Santiago (I think) pool as THE site?

I will repeat what I have said all along......they can do and build and operate anything their heart desires as long as it has zero impact on residents amenity financials. It must stand on it's own financially supported by the users!

rubicon 01-06-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVMayor (Post 991352)
Carl Bell District #1 Vice Chair of the Amenity Authority Committee had the enclosed pool as his number one issue on this campaign to do list. He is the one who presented it to the AAC. Are you saying Carl Bell lives in TV one week a month? I am guessing this is not the case.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...OYfy9vZwevHe-x

Hi Mayor: My guess is that this is an AAC issue because a number of the residents on the north side took a big burn when the Developer pulled the plug on the Wellness Center and moved it to the SS sales office. they petition to have the indoor pool stay active but lost out. Beware of a scorned indoor swimmer. BTK is spot on as respects its funding build and maintain with membership funding/fees.

How did the Savannah Center meeting regarding this proposal end? anyone

rubicon 01-06-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debelg (Post 991322)
I recently joined the MVP club in Spanish Springs and at first their price seems high all the free classes that are included makes it in my opinion the best bang for your buck

Debelg: I am a member and primarily use the SS club. Those of us who moved from The Villages Wellness Center to MVP can attest to the fact that MVP rates are a huge bargain compared to the Wellness Center .

In addition the staff at MVP are the best. Good human beings, good trainers, good support/admin staff cheery upbeat...Welcome

janmcn 01-06-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 991377)
Hi Mayor: My guess is that this is an AAC issue because a number of the residents on the north side took a big burn when the Developer pulled the plug on the Wellness Center and moved it to the SS sales office. they petition to have the indoor pool stay active but lost out. Beware of a scorned indoor swimmer. BTK is spot on as respects its funding build and maintain with membership funding/fees.

How did the Savannah Center meeting regarding this proposal end? anyone

According to a short article in the on-line news regarding this meeting, it is going to take five months to study the proposal of an indoor pool. No other details were mentioned regarding costs or location.

graciegirl 01-06-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 991390)
According to a short article in the on-line news regarding this meeting, it is going to take five months to study the proposal of an indoor pool. No other details were mentioned regarding costs or location.

The addition of commercial fitness center with an indoor pool would be a factor in the decision, I would guess.

TVMayor 01-06-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 991390)

I am here to testify, that is what happened.