Insurance on rental

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Default Insurance on rental

After being a member of USAA for 30 or so years, just found out yesterday that they will not insure the home I'm closing on next week. I will be renting it out until we move there permanently.
Can anyone recommend a homeowners insurance company that doesn't get freaked out when you use "Florida" and "rental" in the same sentence?
Is The Villages insurance higher than others?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 AM

We have our rental insured with Florida Family Insurance which we got through the AAA office in the villages.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage

Contact Rita Canty with Brightway Insurance out of Jacksonville - (904) 646-1850. They represent a vast majority of the insurance companies that write HO insurance in FL. They should be able to help you.

Brightway Insurance

Bill
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 PM

The Villages Insurance can write almost the exact same policies that AAA can. They are extremely helpful and knowledgable. USAA can only write a policy with other companies, they can not write their own policy's in Florida anymore.

Why would you want an out of town agent? Wouldn't having a local agency be better for anyone?? They can write Florida Fam and Many others. Call 751-6622 and Danielle and Marie will get you on the phone with someone right away or just go in....they are so nice.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeyourstory.... View Post
........ Why would you want an out of town agent? Wouldn't having a local agency be better for anyone?? ........
Actually, when we were looking to get HO insurance, we were referred to Brightway by one of the local agencies. At the particular time we needed to get the insurance, it seemed many of the better-rated companies that were represented locally weren't offering coverage in our area - I didn't feel like we were getting too many choices. But that was then and this is now so things could be different at present. It all ended up working out fine for us.

Our situation is somewhat different than many of you in that we're snowbirds. If I want to talk to my agent, I'm going to have to make a phone call regardless of where the person located.

I hope that helps explain our situation/scenario a bit better. Thanks for asking!

Bill
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyCrocked View Post
After being a member of USAA for 30 or so years, just found out yesterday that they will not insure the home I'm closing on next week. I will be renting it out until we move there permanently.
Can anyone recommend a homeowners insurance company that doesn't get freaked out when you use "Florida" and "rental" in the same sentence?
Is The Villages insurance higher than others?
By the way, it's not JUST that USAA won't insure your home in TV because it will be a rental...USAA won't even insure your home in TV when you make it your full-time personal residence. They don't feak out about "Florida" and "rental" in the same sentence; they freak out about "Florida". They have determined they are overexposed in the sunshine state and will not insure any additional homes in Florida. (I've been a continuous insurance customer of USAA for 36years.)

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle
Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Sage
Smile

Call Elaine at Allstate 753-4340 in The Villages on 466 in front of Walmart. They write for several Florida Homeowner's insurance companies and they do rentals.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

we used to wait at Allstate very happy
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 PM

We went with an Allstate agent in TV. No hassles and they'll insure the golf cart, too!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Platinum member

bump

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Kevin McDonald's Allstate office.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.