Commuting from Orlando

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Default Commuting from Orlando

We have decided to move to TV but for the next 18 months would have to commute to Orlando area near Celebration 3 days per week. Just wondering the experience of others who may commute regarding traffic and time to see if this is feasible.
Thanks, hope we can work this out.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:41 PM

I'm not familiar with the area enough yet to know where Celebration is -- but my husband has to commute to Orlando one or more days each week for his job. I don't know where you're from -- we were from Ohio and were SO ready to be done with snow and ice. I can tell you that I know he would say it is definitely worth it to be able to live in Paradise several years earlier than we otherwise would have!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I go to Orlando airport quite often and it very much depends on time of day. Typical time is 1:15 minutes. Have made it an hour and have taken 1:45 minutes which was during rush hour and there were accidents. I have not explored alternate routes yet but need to look into that. So not sure where Celebration is in relation to the airport, but you can adjust those times to get an idea. Now I do have a somewhat heavy foot.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Sage

Celebration is close to Disney, near the intersection of I-4 and US192.

Bill
Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Commuting to Celebration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
We have decided to move to TV but for the next 18 months would have to commute to Orlando area near Celebration 3 days per week. Just wondering the experience of others who may commute regarding traffic and time to see if this is feasible.
Thanks, hope we can work this out.
If you use the Florida Turnpike and State Route 429 both of which are toll roads (approximately 7.50 round trip, even cheaper with Sunpass (prepaid tolls)). Time will be approximately an hour and twenty minutes. 70 miles to Celebration. Alternate route would be US 27/441 South to US 192 East distance and time will vary some, but there is no tolls.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS G View Post
If you use the Florida Turnpike and State Route 429 both of which are toll roads (approximately 7.50 round trip, even cheaper with Sunpass (prepaid tolls)). Time will be approximately an hour and twenty minutes. 70 miles to Celebration. Alternate route would be US 27/441 South to US 192 East distance and time will vary some, but there is no tolls.
I've made the commute several times and I found the quickest way for us has been the Florida Turnpike and depending on traffic, you are looking at no more than 90 minutes.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanks to all who responded. We're thinking of making a few practice runs to check it out too.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage
Default Welcome to TOTV

Celebrator,

to TOTV. Good luck with your move to TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.