Lifestyle Preview

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Default Lifestyle Preview

Can someone who has come on down on the lifestyle preview tell me how it works. What does it cost and what perks do you receive. How long can you stay?
Thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Default Re: Lifestyle Preview

The perks have changed over the years. I would suggest that you call the Villages for their current offers. Good luck
Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 AM

You can go to the villages website and check prices and availabilty. Click on come visit and the info will come up.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Veteran member

Sandi, Not sure how long you can stay but can give you my experience. Did the preview in June. Initially was planning on staying 7 days but decided we could see what we wanted to in 6 days. Boy, was I wrong! Cost was $375 for 6 days in a patio villa. Received a guest pass that had free lunches, dinners, movie tickets, golf, ect. The only things we ended up paying for were our drinks.
All different kinds of restaurants from The Veranda in the sales office, to Cattle Barons, and Country Clubs. We chose to take the trolley ride. Did not have to see a sales rep unless we wanted to. I had already talked to a rep but they did not call me. No pressure. We were so busy trying to see everything, not to mention getting lost several times. Also had to get in that all important sun time!
There are open houses listed in the Daily Sun every day of the week.

Hope this helps!

Becky
Old 01-18-2008, 12:52 AM
JohnnyM

Hi Sandi, maybe I can help. Barbara and I just returned from a glorious three day stay at TV. We have already put our house on the market and are working with TV's sales office for a potential move. We stayed 3 day's and 3 nights. January 7,8, and 9th. Check in time was at 3pm. Check out time was 11am. We both received 1 free movie pass (which we never used due to all the activity), 1 dinner, 1 lunch and 1 lunch or dinner. I won't mention the names of the eateries as they may change but all were magnificent. We rented a golf car for $18 per day. The nightly cost varies on the time of year and type of amenity you desire to stay in. I won't divulge the price we paid for that would not be ethical. It would average out to a nightly stay at one of the nicer hotels. It was sooooo worth it. Hope this helps.....JohnnyM
PS: I would be happy to answer questions about our experience if you have any.
PSS: If there is such a thing, I would like to thank all the TV residents for making our stay so pleasant and also to all the TOTV members who welcomed me to their website community!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

JohnnyM, glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves, hope you come back, in the meantime if I/we can be of any help just let us know.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 AM
JohnnyM

Thank you for your kindness golfnut. As I said we listed our home as soon as we returned from TV. I hope if all goes well we can all meet at the Landing so we can thank everyone in person for their help, i.e. Beck, Hope2b, Beartrack, Punkpup, Dennis G., Donna and Kathie I........Talk to you soon, Johnny
PS: Do you like this picture of us any better?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Veteran member

My wife said it was "the best vacation" she ever had.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

we're planning a lifestyle preview later this year, thanks for the tips
Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Dancing Thyme

Johnny & Barbara: You look like movie stars in that picture. Are you????

Good luck with the home sale. Barnegut, NJ, on LBI??? I go there a lot, nice place but TV is better!!

Can't wait to see you at the monthly meeting when you finally move there. Best of luck!

Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage

Kathy - Don't want to burst the bubble but the pic Johnny is using is from the movie "All of Me" staring Steve Martin and Lilly Tomlin - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086873/

Or is it Johnny and his lady :joke:
Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Eternal Member

But the faces have been photo-shopped in - they don't look like Lily Tomlin and Steve Martin!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:11 PM
JohnnyM

Hey Kathy, Russ and Steve it is Barbara and I but yes I photo shopped it in. My grand kids love it when I put them on posters then the grown ups wanted me to do them. Well I guess I did a few of myself and Barbara. I hope no one is upset. I didn't do it to mislead anyone.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Sage

No, heck i'm a PS guy myself. I have a whole team at work that does wonders with that tool. I thought it was great.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM
... I hope no one is upset. I didn't do it to mislead anyone.
Upset? No way. We loved it!

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.