Closing and guest question

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Closing and guest question

Had my closing and am back home in Ohio. Everything went fine but boy was I surprised at the amount to learn! Did the walkthrough. Signed up with Massey for all their services. Pest control came for yard. Termite guy sprayed attic. Another guy for bugs. Had the orientation for the sprinkler system. Electrician came for fan lights and SR. Welcome lady came. In between all that shopped for furniture and had deliveries of that! Still have some furniture to be delivered when I come down in August. Have a stack of reading material on all appliances still to read. My mind was overloaded!

Know it was covered but forgot it. What do I have to do to get guests privileges?
Thanks for all the great info on this site!

Becky
Old 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage
Default Re: Closing and guest question

Go to any regional rec center (Lake Miona or Colony Cottage are probably closest for you) and you fill out a form (take you resident ID with you)....need their name, address, phone, date of birth. They cannot be residents of Lake, Sumter, or Marion counties in FL. TV will print the guest ID on the spot. You can also request it online (www.districtgov.org has a link) and they ask for a 3 day lead time to issue it. Also, if you do it online, you are limited to requests within the next 30 days (i.e. you couldn't give them Thanksgiving dates). It works pretty smoothly. Good luck with all the newbie stuff....it is an adventure.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Gold member

Also you can now get guest pass' at any rec center as a walk-in. I got some at Alamanda rec center last week.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

Can you explain what the guest passes are for? Is it something you need to do each time you have a guest or is it once only? Meaning, I'm assuming it allows your guests to use the pools, etc but do the passes expire?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Sage

It gives them access to the amenities (pools, rec centers, golf, tennis, pickleball, bocce, etc); You have to get a new pass each time they visit. Not sure what maximum timeframe you can request. It's a simple process and is important to ensure our amenities are used by residents and their guests and not outsiders. Rec Center staff check IDs at the pools and sports courts to verify people belong there. You can use any pool or rec facility in TV...not limited to just the ones in your neighborhood. If someone is just visiting your house or the town square and not using the amenities, you don't have to get a guest pass.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

Thank you! Exactly the info I was wanting!

Becky

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.