Concrete question

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Just wondering, is the 20" footer under a concrete wall the same size that would be under a wood framed wall?
Yes, pretty much. It may vary a bit due to load, a good check with the blueprints would tell for sure. As an inspector, it is much easier for me to access the blueprints from the Sumter County website than it is for me to do the same from the Lake county website...but as a owner/buyer, you would have access to this from the builder.

Hope this helps!

Frank
Old 06-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Yes, pretty much. It may vary a bit due to load, a good check with the blueprints would tell for sure. As an inspector, it is much easier for me to access the blueprints from the Sumter County website than it is for me to do the same from the Lake county website...but as a owner/buyer, you would have access to this from the builder.

Hope this helps!

Frank
So before my year warranty is up, are you the guy to hire to do a house inspection?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
So before my year warranty is up, are you the guy to hire to do a house inspection?
Before your year is up definitely get an inspection and yes, if you talk to people Frank DeAngelo's name is the one you'll hear most often...he'll be doing ours in a couple of months. You can definitely call the warranty dept before then for things you notice and you will likely notice a number of them, but The Villages is really good about getting people out fairly quick to make things right. You'll be happy in your new home.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
Before your year is up definitely get an inspection and yes, if you talk to people Frank DeAngelo's name is the one you'll hear most often...he'll be doing ours in a couple of months. You can definitely call the warranty dept before then for things you notice and you will likely notice a number of them, but The Villages is really good about getting people out fairly quick to make things right. You'll be happy in your new home.
Anybody with a dog in their profile picture has to be good!
Old 06-28-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
We had Frank do our one-year inspection and he was very thorough - highly recommend him. However....... he books up months in advance, so you need to contact him well before the one year date, to get on his schedule.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

My bad I thought we were speaking about a sidewalk/driveway slab. I'll do better next time, I hope there is no next time.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We had Frank do our one-year inspection and he was very thorough - highly recommend him. However....... he books up months in advance, so you need to contact him well before the one year date, to get on his schedule.
Good to know.
Frank, when do I need to call to book you for next June? My closing is this Friday.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:49 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you for the kind words....the dog in our picture is my son' Eric's dog, who is also in the picture. In the picture the "old guy" is me, the young good looking guy is my son Eric, and the dog in the middle is Eric's dog Zeke.

Zeke is a 130 pound Lab/Newfie/Mastiff mix who thinks he is a lap dog. He is gentle and great with the grandbabies. Some folks think that of the three of us, Zeke is the best looking.

I do NOT want to "hijack" a post, but since you asked, We typically recommend that even though the Warranty Department will take my report right up until the last day, we recommend doing your inspection anywhere from 2-6 weeks before that anniversary of your closing. Typically the sweet spot is about a month before, as long as that fits YOUR schedule.

Right now I already have inspections booked for next year. I sometimes get booked ahead solid about 1-2 months ahead, so if one calls early they can have more choices to fit their schedule. Calling 3-4 months ahead of time assures having your choice between a number of days.

With my oldest son Steven joining the business soon, we will have more options open for those who do call for an inspection who need one sooner. We of course do our very best to accommodate everyone's needs.

Again, I do not want to hijack this thread. If anyone has any questions they can always call me, or e-mail me, or P.M. me or go to our website. Whether or not we ever do business, we are ALWAYS happy to help.

That is the great thing about this forum...everyone is so nice and helpful. We are all very blessed.

Respectfully, Frank D.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Good to know.
Frank, when do I need to call to book you for next June? My closing is this Friday.
Congratulations! I think in life one regrets more what they do not do than what they do.

Take things slow, enjoy the process, ask questions before buying or doing anything, and do not stress. You have arrived on many levels.....Enjoy and Congrats!!

Frank

Tags
caulking, concrete, type, question, fill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.