Restrictions In Different Areas

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2020, 06:17 PM
Default Restrictions In Different Areas

Hello all. Thinking of buying in the not too distant future.

I will have lots of questions before I purchase, but a couple for now.

Are there different restrictions in different areas of TV? For example: Where can you park a small boat/jet ski/lawn mower etc. on your own property?

Also, while looking at a map of the different districts, I saw one area marked as "enclave parcel." What does this mean?

Thanks for all replies.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
Hello all. Thinking of buying in the not too distant future.

I will have lots of questions before I purchase, but a couple for now.

Are there different restrictions in different areas of TV? For example: Where can you park a small boat/jet ski/lawn mower etc. on your own property?

Also, while looking at a map of the different districts, I saw one area marked as "enclave parcel." What does this mean?

Thanks for all replies.
27/441 and below does not allow any storage of boat, jet ski, mowers, RVs on your property unless it is in your garage.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
27/441 and below does not allow any storage of boat, jet ski, mowers, RVs on your property unless it is in your garage.
So, if I am looking at the map correctly, the homes north and east of the main portion of TV across the Golf Cart Bridge into "Orange Blossom" allow these things. Is this correct?
Old 01-29-2020, 07:10 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Here are the restrictions:

Village Community Development Districts
Old 01-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
So, if I am looking at the map correctly, the homes north and east of the main portion of TV across the Golf Cart Bridge into "Orange Blossom" allow these things. Is this correct?
The deed restrictions for that area of The Villages is much less strict, but it's also out of date and parts of it completely obsolete. For instance they require that only double-wides be allowed to be placed on any property there. Now, in actuality, if you tear down an old mobile home in the Historic section (as it is called), you must replace it with a "site-built" home. You are no longer allowed to replace it with another mobile home.

Yes, you can put a lawnmower in your driveway. However, if you use your driveway to store your 40-foot RV, you will likely **** off your neighbors, who enjoy a more reasonable view of their neighborhood.

There are RV storage facilities nearby, both covered and uncovered. The same goes for boats - I mean, if you have a canoe you can just up-end it and lean it against the wall in your storage shed. Or even hang it over the sliding doors into the house from the lanai, as a decorative touch.

Just because something isn't forbidden, doesn't mean it's a great idea to do it. There are folks whose families come in RVs to visit for a few days - I personally think that's fine, but when it's your RV and you're using your driveway to store it, it crosses the line of impropriety - whether or not it's strictly "allowed" or "forbidden."
Old 01-29-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Here are the restrictions:

Village Community Development Districts
Thank you. As I understand this they may vary by: County> District> Unit.

So I should check each prospective purchase this way for restrictions?
Old 01-29-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The deed restrictions for that area of The Villages is much less strict, but it's also out of date and parts of it completely obsolete. For instance they require that only double-wides be allowed to be placed on any property there. Now, in actuality, if you tear down an old mobile home in the Historic section (as it is called), you must replace it with a "site-built" home. You are no longer allowed to replace it with another mobile home.

Yes, you can put a lawnmower in your driveway. However, if you use your driveway to store your 40-foot RV, you will likely **** off your neighbors, who enjoy a more reasonable view of their neighborhood.

There are RV storage facilities nearby, both covered and uncovered. The same goes for boats - I mean, if you have a canoe you can just up-end it and lean it against the wall in your storage shed. Or even hang it over the sliding doors into the house from the lanai, as a decorative touch.

Just because something isn't forbidden, doesn't mean it's a great idea to do it. There are folks whose families come in RVs to visit for a few days - I personally think that's fine, but when it's your RV and you're using your driveway to store it, it crosses the line of impropriety - whether or not it's strictly "allowed" or "forbidden."
Thank you. No RV. 16' boat. Jet ski. Riding mower. Jet ski and mower probably inside depending on existing garage, or if I am allowed to build a garage.

Not sure what you mean by "out of date and obsolete." Wouldn't the requirement of stick built homes be an update? Or, are you saying the restrictions have been amended but not as they should be? In other words (I have not seen them) do they still mean what they say?

Last edited by Double Eagle; 01-29-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you. As I understand this they may vary by: County> District> Unit.

So I should check each prospective purchase this way for restrictions?

As with any home purchase.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
snipped
Where do you get your information; and when was that revision made and not officially amended. It was just a couple of years ago that a fire victim replaced their manufactured with another manufactured in the Village of Silver Lake!

Old 01-29-2020, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Now, in actuality, if you tear down an old mobile home in the Historic section (as it is called), you must replace it with a "site-built" home. You are no longer allowed to replace it with another mobile home.
Is that recent? A friend of ours mother passed away a few years ago. She owned a double-wide in the Historic Section. Our friends had it torn down and a brand new custom built double-wide rolled in on the property (admittedly with LOTS of red tape). This was 2 years ago. What they told us was at that time any old manufactured home a family sells back to The Villages is taken away and a new site-built home is put in it's place. This was their property and they were told as long as they got proper permits and it met all current code requirements they could roll in a replacement which they did.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Where do you get your information; and when was that revision made and not officially amended. It was just a couple of years ago that a fire victim replaced their manufactured with another manufactured in the Village of Silver Lake!
Unless it has changed in 2yrs which is possible I believe that only applies to homes either abandoned or sold back to the Villages by families who previously lived there. See my last post above this.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:56 AM

This is a very interesting conversation...I thought regulations within TV would be the same. I recall my first visit 4 years ago, and was told at the sales office that ‘code enforcers’ ride through TV neighborhoods in golf cars & look for property violators, including a garage door that is left open & found to still be open 2 hours later. This salesperson stated that the homeowner would receive a notice reminding them of TV regulations. I plan to move to TV this year & rent while looking for my perfect home/neighborhood. I will be asking these questions, this is the reason I am drawn to TV & away from my northern neighborhood that I’ve loved for 25 years. The ‘Old School’ has closed, and pride in homeownership is going, going, gone...
Old 01-30-2020, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJo View Post
This is a very interesting conversation...I thought regulations within TV would be the same. I recall my first visit 4 years ago, and was told at the sales office that ‘code enforcers’ ride through TV neighborhoods in golf cars & look for property violators, including a garage door that is left open & found to still be open 2 hours later. This salesperson stated that the homeowner would receive a notice reminding them of TV regulations. I plan to move to TV this year & rent while looking for my perfect home/neighborhood. I will be asking these questions, this is the reason I am drawn to TV & away from my northern neighborhood that I’ve loved for 25 years. The ‘Old School’ has closed, and pride in homeownership is going, going, gone...
Only time community watch called us about our garage door being up was at 2am. Making sure we were aware. We were leaving to go to the airport. Also called us that 2 newspapers were in our drive, while we were at Disney. They picked them up, put them at our front door. The enforcers are a neighbor who thinks you are doing it wrong
Old 01-30-2020, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Only time community watch called us about our garage door being up was at 2am. Making sure we were aware. We were leaving to go to the airport. Also called us that 2 newspapers were in our drive, while we were at Disney. They picked them up, put them at our front door. The enforcers are a neighbor who thinks you are doing it wrong

Same here. Very helpful.

Not a Nazi group driving around with a clipboard looking for violations.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Thank you. No RV. 16' boat. Jet ski. Riding mower. Jet ski and mower probably inside depending on existing garage, or if I am allowed to build a garage.

Not sure what you mean by "out of date and obsolete." Wouldn't the requirement of stick built homes be an update? Or, are you saying the restrictions have been amended but not as they should be? In other words (I have not seen them) do they still mean what they say?
if you go to the links provided every time anyone links to them on ToTV, you will see only the original documents to area 7 (which is the area you seem to be interested in).

The original documents were written a few decades ago and the link itself was never updated.

This is one of the reasons why new potential homeowners get so confused and frustrated when we ask about restrictions and are directed to those links.

ALL the links state no aerial antennae are allowed. And yet - they are allowed. ALL the links state no clotheslines are allowed. And yet - they are allowed. State law allows them, and state law prohibits communities from forbidding them.

It still isn't a good idea to do these things, because neighbors are going by the restrictions even though the restrictions are not enforceable. You -cannot- be fined for having a clothesline in your back yard. However, you CAN be visited every single day for the rest of your life when your neighbor complains that you have one, because the people paid to check out complaints, have to do that every time one comes in.

You basically have to weigh your priorities. Is it that important to put a jet-ski that you won't be using more than 2-3 months out of the year, in your driveway where its very existence is likely to create hostility among your otherwise peaceful neighbors? If so, go for it. If not, store it somewhere.

Most properties on this side of the Villages are modular/mobile/manufactured homes. They are on small lots without room for expanded garages. Some do have room, most do not. Most of them don't have any garage at all; instead, they have car ports and attached laundry sheds.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, areas, map, property, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.