Connectivity from South to North

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

My understanding is that it used to be that rec centers, stores and other common use areas were built before the houses. They cost money. Now the lots and houses are sold before these things are built as they bring in money. It makes sense to me.

What surprises me is the blind faith some buyers have in someone else’s vision. I personally like to see what I’m buying before I buy it.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird1958 View Post
Seems to me if connectivity was done first why would anyone use it and go down there if nothing was there to see, visit or use.
I want thinking about existing homeowners. I was thinking about the people who move there who want to get around in their golf carts unrestricted. After all, The Villages is a golf cart community.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 01:36 PM

My wife and I bought a home in Fenney in 2017 when it was first built. Nothing but sand and construction all around us. We bought based on the vision of what it would look like based on all the other villages and amenities they have done prior to Fenney. We haven't been disappointed yet. We aren't full-time yet and only able to come down sporadically, but every time we come down we are amazed at the growth and the "new stuff" always going up. The new bridges and the connectivity are going to be first class, you know that. We rented on the north end one year before buying....the home came with a golf cart to use. We took nice scenic drives all the way to Sumter and Spanish Springs. We look forward to more of that when we retire in a couple years. Patience, grasshopper!
Old 11-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My understanding is that it used to be that rec centers, stores and other common use areas were built before the houses. They cost money. Now the lots and houses are sold before these things are built as they bring in money. It makes sense to me.

What surprises me is the blind faith some buyers have in someone else’s vision. I personally like to see what I’m buying before I buy it.
Nothing has changed Velvet. Those things are in place first.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

When we bought our home in Fenney there were less than 30 homes sold down here. We were told what was in the works which at that time were the Fenney Bar & Grille, Putt & Play, archery, air rifle range, Red and Gray Fox golf courses, golf car tunnels, regional rec. center, etc. We were told there would be a shopping plaza but no date was given and to get to the Lake Deaton plaza was less than 5 miles away as well as Brownwood so no problem. Everything that they told us has been completed and they are now working on the plaza and championship golf course. When we bought there was already a rec center, sports pool, recreation area with adult pool, shuffleboard, bocce, pickle ball, corn toss, and the outside gym, all of this was open and ready to use so yes, the rec. center and common use facilities were built before the homes were being sold. I don't remember being given a date for connectivity, they just said that it was going to happen, and it will.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
When we bought our home in Fenney there were less than 30 homes sold down here. We were told what was in the works which at that time were the Fenney Bar & Grille, Putt & Play, archery, air rifle range, Red and Gray Fox golf courses, golf car tunnels, regional rec. center, etc. We were told there would be a shopping plaza but no date was given and to get to the Lake Deaton plaza was less than 5 miles away as well as Brownwood so no problem. Everything that they told us has been completed and they are now working on the plaza and championship golf course. When we bought there was already a rec center, sports pool, recreation area with adult pool, shuffleboard, bocce, pickle ball, corn toss, and the outside gym, all of this was open and ready to use so yes, the rec. center and common use facilities were built before the homes were being sold. I don't remember being given a date for connectivity, they just said that it was going to happen, and it will.
Very happy to hear this. Thank you to you and Gracie for correcting my misimpression.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I wasn't thinking about existing homeowners. I was thinking about the people who move there who want to get around in their golf carts unrestricted. After all, The Villages is a golf cart community.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
I was thinking about the people who move there who want to get around in their golf carts unrestricted.
I would not worry about these unfortunate and unhappy people.

Before they bought in Fenney, they knew they would not be able "to get around in their golf carts unrestricted", but they bought anyway. They must have had their reasons.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

One thing you can count on here is how impatient many (should really say some) of the residents are. We have been here for 5 years and can't believe how quickly stuff happens here. What occurred in 5 years here would have taken decades in PA. Patience grasshopper

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I would not worry about these unfortunate and unhappy people.

Before they bought in Fenney, they knew they would not be able "to get around in their golf carts unrestricted", but they bought anyway. They must have had their reasons.
I don't consider them "unfortunate". They live in a great area But possibly a little unhappy about the length of time it is taking to connect.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

I've lived here since they opened Fenney and I can't say that I know anyone in Fenney that is unhappy because of connectivity although I'm sure there are a few. Maybe some of the newer owners in Southern Oaks are more concerned about it as they live closer to Brownwood, etc. I'm more concerned about how crazy it's going to be down here after we have connectivity. Right now it's pretty peaceful, a little more traffic now that it's the season but still not as bad as up north, we went up to Lake Sumter this afternoon and couldn't believe the traffic and lack of parking spaces.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
I don't consider them "unfortunate". They live in a great area But possibly a little unhappy about the length of time it is taking to connect.

Seems like they could make their feelings known if they were unhappy. Not seeing it, so I guess the rest of us need not worry.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Why should we ( not living down south) worry or give a damn anyway. Is it really any of our business?
Old 11-16-2019, 01:24 PM

We bought our home in August in the Designer Home neighborhood bordering holes 1, 2, 8, and 9 of the Lowlands Executive Course. After closing, we've walked the surrounding areas between Marsh Bend Trail, Everglades Rec Center, and the Lily Pond Rec Center that is under construction. Very happy with our choice, and will be even happier after the Brownwood Bridge is completed. 3.2mi from our home to Brownwood Paddock.

After looking at 40+ existing homes between Sumter Landing and Brownwood, a friend asked why we weren't considering the new homes south of 44. We replied that when we visited back in February 2019, there wasn't any "there there"; too remote and no services.

Of those 40+ homes we looked at, we noted either too many $$$ for what the home offered, or expected $$$ to repair key parts of 10 year old homes that needed maintenance. We wanted 3bdrm/2ba 2000 sq ft home with 2+1 garage. We found issues in some homes that even the homeowner was not aware of.

Well, after that friend's question, we popped into the Fenney Sales Office, and asked to see the newest homes. They happened to be in Linden Isle and Marsh Bend. The 2nd home we saw in Marsh Bend helped us to decide, and we agreed to purchase an Iris.

What helped us to decide:
1. Everglades Rec Center opening in November
2. upcoming Magnolia Plaza due in 2020
3. multi-use bridge connecting Marsh Bend to Brownwood Paddock due in 2020
4. All Designer Home neighborhood; with all homes stucco

Someday there will be a new square, but we suspect it will be down near Monarch Grove or the new St Catherines and Bradford villages south of 44 and Rohan.

Being from the engineering project field, I'm sure that The Villages would rather have the connecting Brownwood bridge today rather than tomorrow. The biggest challenge will be closing down the Florida Turnpike for the time necessary to move the bridge in place. More important will be making sure that all contingencies are planned for in case something goes wrong with the move. No one will happy if the turnpike is closed longer than absolutely necessary.

2020 is going to be a great milestone for The Villages just south of 44.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:39 PM

We are happy residents of DESOTO. Visited the very impressive Everglades Rec cemter last week and asked the person who was in charge of the Sales Area there about a date for connectivity. The latest projection is JULY 2020. Disappointing to a degree, but certainly not a "deal-breaker" for most people. I do believe the delay that has caused some missed projections is approval to interrupt traffic flow on the turnpike during the heavier tourist season. So, when the snowbirds clear out next summer, we will be even happier to know the link will be completed. In the meantime, life is still fantastic down here and we are glad we moved from north of 44.
Closed Thread

Tags
path, villages, completed, connectivity, opinion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.