Is connectivity to south of SR44 slipping again?

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Probably to boost the values of the houses being built with "golf course views". Who designs these layouts? Even the Lowlands executive course was designed to provide more lots with "golf course views". Boring course design for the sale of lots with "golf course views". Play 3 holes, then walk down to the next neighborhood. Play 3 more, then walk back to another neighborhood. Yes, things have changed, but still a great place to escape the snow and ice.
Or they have started the course because they need it there to be a flood plain of last resort to handle the storm water management needs created by the new development.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I have my own barometer of when to bail (I hope never). Watch the flower beds. When they stop changing them 3X per year it will be time to take the profits and run.

If I recall from the resident college course The Developer is responsible for maintenance and landscaping in the business districts. That would include all the common areas around each town square and all commercial areas like shopping centers, medical facilities, Waterfront Hotel, etc. That's still a lot of flowers. Been a long time since I took the course - how about you ?
Now you specify which beds, makes a difference. Your sarcasm was not necessary...……………..\\

See post #26
Old 12-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Probably to boost the values of the houses being built with "golf course views". Who designs these layouts? Even the Lowlands executive course was designed to provide more lots with "golf course views". Boring course design for the sale of lots with "golf course views". Play 3 holes, then walk down to the next neighborhood. Play 3 more, then walk back to another neighborhood. Yes, things have changed, but still a great place to escape the snow and ice.
So, your option....don't go down there and play.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Or they have started the course because they need it there to be a flood plain of last resort to handle the storm water management needs created by the new development.
It's on the other side of the Turnpike where there is no new development yet. Why are you being so negative? The south is the new Villages, lots of experiments going on down here, get used to it. We that live here are quite content and we don't live in the past reminiscing about how great Katie Belles use to be. If you don't care for the southern villages stay up north, no one is forcing it on you.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Now you specify which beds, makes a difference. Your sarcasm was not necessary...……………..\\

See post #26
I wrote my post while post #26 was being posted thus I did not see it before I pushed the button. If you read post #26 I believe we are in agreement with each other. HH ?
Old 12-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
When they were building around Lake Sumter you paid a premium for a "Peek-a-boo" golf course lot, meaning if you went outside and looked between two homes across the street you could see a little bit of fairway. When they started McClure full golf front lots were a steal, when they started Fenney private waterfront lots were under $50,000.00, stucco designer homes on water with pools were available for under $400,000.00. Everytime they start a new village there are bargains to be had. The executive courses down here are far from boring, you either see the glass half full or half empty.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
I have my own barometer of when to bail (I hope never). Watch the flower beds. When they stop changing them 3X per year it will be time to take the profits and run.

If I recall from the resident college course The Developer is responsible for maintenance and landscaping in the business districts. That would include all the common areas around each town square and all commercial areas like shopping centers, medical facilities, Waterfront Hotel, etc. That's still a lot of flowers. Been a long time since I took the course - how about you ?
The commercial CDDs have a slightly different structure for their maintenance assessments. SL is basically self sufficient in this respect while Brownwood is very similar to the residential CDDs and is the only one with a seat at the PWAC. The Brownwood commercial properties proper are maintained by the BWCDD but the common areas (the open areas, MMP, the golf cart traffic circle, etc.) fall under the project wide agreement. The other commercial properties like 466 I'm unsure of. The all make use of the volume buying power and clout by going through the District Purchasing Department.

In a given location such as around one of the neighborhood rec areas/pool/mail station you can easily have portions of the landscaping maintenance being paid for by the individual CDD, the amenity fund, and the Project Wide fund. Fortunately for residents this is all basically transparent to our enjoyment and is more of a back office exercise in cost allocations.

I go through the budgets for CDD10, PWF, and amenity funds every year with a fine tooth comb. The process we have is complex but it works very for our situation.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 12-03-2019 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added content
Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The commercial CDDs have a slightly different structure for their maintenance assessments. SL is basically self sufficient in this respect while Brownwood is very similar to the residential CDDs and is the only one with a seat at the PWAC. The Brownwood commercial properties proper are maintained by the BWCDD but the common areas (the open areas, MMP, the golf cart traffic circle, etc.) fall under the project wide agreement. The other commercial properties like 466 I'm unsure of. The all make use of the volume buying power and clout by going through the District Purchasing Department.

In a given location such as around one of the neighborhood rec areas/pool/mail station you can easily have portions of the landscaping maintenance being paid for by the individual CDD, the amenity fund, and the Project Wide fund. Fortunately for residents this is all basically transparent to our enjoyment and is more of a back office exercise in cost allocations.

I go through the budgets for CDD10, PWF, and amenity funds every year with a fine tooth comb. The process we have is complex but it works very for our situation.
SUGGESTION GOLDWINGNUT _

Why don't you run for a political office here in The Villages???
I'd definitely vote for you !
Old 12-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It's on the other side of the Turnpike where there is no new development yet. Why are you being so negative? The south is the new Villages, lots of experiments going on down here, get used to it. We that live here are quite content and we don't live in the past reminiscing about how great Katie Belles use to be. If you don't care for the southern villages stay up north, no one is forcing it on you.
I agree, no one is forcing me to go to the Villages south. Unfortunately, the lack of Championship Golf south of 44 is forcing the southern villagers to go north to golf, making the courses more crowded and more difficult to get good t times during the busy season.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
No need to wonder about frustration..............I've told to a lot of Southerners and no one of them are in a hurry for the connection. Not One.

I assume there might be a few wondering when.

But everyone I've talked to are very happy and did not "fall for the sales hype".

It's the Northerners trying to create frustration. Like most things in TV, a few pot-stir'rs try to create negativity.

Hey! I’m a ‘Northerner’! How am I / are we trying to create frustration? We bought in July 2018. I just didn’t fall for their time line. Hopethe project is for finished soon for those that want to go north.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
All courses are flood plain. This is part of the engineering. None of them are added 'as a last resort'. I thought everyone who has lived here for any length of time knows this. Remeber Irma?
Old 12-04-2019, 08:05 AM

What happened to your weekly and biweekly report of our area, i looked forward to you letting us know what was happening in The Villages,
Old 12-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Default The times are a-changing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Things today are NOT the same since Gary Morse left us. He built ALL the connections, GC paths, rec centers, etc... before the first home was constructed. You knew what was there before you purchased.
Today, the family is ONLY interested in building and selling homes.

The Villages is not what is used to be and I for one see the downfall beginning...
Couldn't agree with you more, TommyT. I've been watching the business model for TV for over 20 years and also have noticed a fundamental change in the focus for this current generation since Gary left. While my career was spent making money for large organizations, which I strongly support, Gary's business model worked well for buyers AND made money.

We will know more in time; and I may have to remove my foot from my mouth:however, the current business plan is turning out not to be what I'd prefer.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:00 AM

In the meantime, keep car pooling to the real Villages.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Since Gary ? How about when Harold left us. Just today we were reminded of Budweiser Clydesdales and real snow making machines at the Christmas Tree lightings when Harold was alive. They were in front of Katie Bells - remember that exclusive for members only club we considered our flagship. Free golf and Katie Bell's was the sales pitch. The early lifestyle visits included Katie Bell's dollars. People on here think we are so negative but they forget most are new here and have not experienced the changes. In 2003 when Harold passed population was around 30000. Today TV is approaching 140000. Like the old story goes I didn't know we were poor growing up until the government told me. Thus many of you are comparing the past to your hometowns, not here because you were not here. Harold was about the people. Sure he was a businessman and was in it to make money. However he loved the people, He did not live as an isolationist. Harold donated 1 million dollars of his own money to the then Villages corporation to build Spanish Springs Town Square because the corporation did not have the funds to do it as he saw what it deserved to be.

We are on the third generation of a family business. There's an old adage about that . Now I still haven't found a better place but seen many changes and each change seems to be more business oriented. Slogan was live like a millionaire on a retirement budget. I see signs of the class system raising it's ugly head. That won't be good for a "Friendly Hometown".

Again please don't tell me you are free to leave. I am fully aware of that and will when my barometer pegs. However I try to point out to newbies there is a history here and you should make a little effort to understand this new place you now call home.
Things never get better if people don't speak up. Glad you said what you felt - and in a respectful manner.
Closed Thread

Tags
connectivity, date, year, villages, level

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.