Is connectivity to south of SR44 slipping again?

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I think we can agree that the county commissioners were ultimately to blame for the tax increase, but it is not all related to failing to look at 5 year plans. Public officials around the country routinely require businesses to pay for infrastructure improvements as a condition for granting approval for a development. Any county government worth a salt would never have granted the developer the rights to develop the area south of 44 without first getting an agreement from the developer to fund the infrastructure improvements that were required. That would have ultimately placed the cost of these improvements on those who benefit from them - those who are buying in the new areas.
No true on so many fronts.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM

I’m not so anxious for the connectivity but must admit I miss going to the grocery store in my golf cart. I wonder what the delay is?
Old 12-08-2019, 12:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
No true on so many fronts.
Care to enumerate the many fallacies?
Old 12-08-2019, 03:06 PM

Very interesting thread. For my tuppence, I bought in Marsh Bend and being non-US resident the pull to TV was to be able to use golf carts and not a car, which will sit around for 6 months rotting. I am in no rush for the plaza yet (selfish) but that's only because our home isn't scheduled to be completed unti July 2020, and we will only be able to visit 3 weeks a year for the first few years until I retire so I guess I will just have to hire a car form MCO (any excuse for a mustang convertable..... I check the home sites every day and note that there don't appear to be many sales of the designer homes around my area, possibly due to the the run up to Christmas, and possibly due to the humongous asking price in excess of $300k for the lot. The taxes are massive as well, over $7k and I don't even get a vote.... hey ho, that's the joys of two homes in two continents I guess.

Keep the photos from the drone and plane coming. as it keeps the dream alive and real and is VERY much appreciated.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
Very interesting thread. For my tuppence, I bought in Marsh Bend and being non-US resident the pull to TV was to be able to use golf carts and not a car, which will sit around for 6 months rotting. I am in no rush for the plaza yet (selfish) but that's only because our home isn't scheduled to be completed unti July 2020, and we will only be able to visit 3 weeks a year for the first few years until I retire so I guess I will just have to hire a car form MCO (any excuse for a mustang convertable..... I check the home sites every day and note that there don't appear to be many sales of the designer homes around my area, possibly due to the the run up to Christmas, and possibly due to the humongous asking price in excess of $300k for the lot. The taxes are massive as well, over $7k and I don't even get a vote.... hey ho, that's the joys of two homes in two continents I guess.

Keep the photos from the drone and plane coming. as it keeps the dream alive and real and is VERY much appreciated.
The designers in Marsh Bend are selling very well, most are buying spec homes as the wait to build is extended , it's amazing to see how many people are living there in the designers, very few golf course lots left for sale and they are continuing to build further west toward 301. $7,000 per year for taxes is not a terribly high amount, many parts of this country are double and triple what they are here in TV for homes of similar value . If you're not coming back until July, you'll be shocked on how fast it is growing.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Our house looks over Warm Springs. We noticed a pattern of scores and scores of dump trucks. They all head West full, and return East empty. Today I followed them. They turn empty into the under construction Chitty-Chatty area, right around the new traffic circle there, and exit full heading West. They go to the intersection of Warm Springs and 301 and turn into a very large dirt area on the South side of Warm Springs there. I have no idea if any construction is happening there or if it is just a dirt fill. I don't know if it is even owned by The Villages.

On this run I could not help but to notice where no apparent construction was happening today. I could observe nothing going on in Magnolia Plaza area which will provide the only shopping opportunities South of 44 for all of us who are South of 44 and still have to go North of it. Construction for it has apparently stagnated.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
On this run I could not help but to notice where no apparent construction was happening today. I could observe nothing going on in Magnolia Plaza area which will provide the only shopping opportunities South of 44 for all of us who are South of 44 and still have to go North of it. Construction for it has apparently stagnated.
What's even more exasperating is to see a new Publix springing up right next to Lowes on 466A... a quarter of a mile away from Win Dixie, while we wait and wait on Magnolia Plaza.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
Our house looks over Warm Springs. We noticed a pattern of scores and scores of dump trucks. They all head West full, and return East empty. Today I followed them. They turn empty into the under construction Chitty-Chatty area, right around the new traffic circle there, and exit full heading West. They go to the intersection of Warm Springs and 301 and turn into a very large dirt area on the South side of Warm Springs there. I have no idea if any construction is happening there or if it is just a dirt fill. I don't know if it is even owned by The Villages.

The site they are dumping on near 301 is going to have a few hundred homes built and it is part of The Villages. The Plaza might be waiting for inspections of some sort before they can go further, no one knows for sure but they will complete it eventually. Maybe they have to wait for the waste water treatment facility to be completed???
Old 12-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy909 View Post
What's even more exasperating is to see a new Publix springing up right next to Lowes on 466A... a quarter of a mile away from Win Dixie, while we wait and wait on Magnolia Plaza.
Contact Us | Publix Super Markets
Old 12-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy909 View Post
Yep, it started well after the project at Magnolia but already seems well ahead of it. It's crazy.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The site they are dumping on near 301 is going to have a few hundred homes built and it is part of The Villages
The area where all the trucks are delivering material next to the 301 & Warm Springs area will be an addition to the village of Fenney.
Closed Thread

Tags
connectivity, date, year, villages, level

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.