Construction Update #95 - south of 44 areas

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 07:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Arrow Construction Update #95 - south of 44 areas

Here is another update on the construction work happening in The Villages, this is update #95. This update picks up where update #94 left off and covers all the construction work happening south of SR44. Starting in the Village of Richmond I work my way south through the areas along the north side of the turnpike all the way down to SR470, and then work my way north again on the other side of the turnpike. Lastly, I take another look at the work going on at the new prefab home construction going up in Ty Villas.

I’ve refined the maps a little more and they are much clearer, and the labels are larger and easier to read.
This is #95
The Villages Construction Update #95 - South of 44 - YouTube

Here's the link to #94 if you missed it
The Villages Construction Update #94 - Precast Construction Premieres - 7/21/2021 - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-30-2021, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Jesse.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

So sorry about your dog, Don. Wasn't it just a couple months ago you lost your other dog? That must leave a huge hole in your heart and in your home.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM

Don, Any chance you could get into the plant that makes the prefab walls? I find the product interesting and would like to see how it's being manufactured.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
So sorry about your dog, Don. Wasn't it just a couple months ago you lost your other dog? That must leave a huge hole in your heart and in your home.
Yes, in late December we lost Jesse’s mother Sadie who was 14. It has been very hard losing both of them so close together.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-30-2021, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvil View Post
Don, Any chance you could get into the plant that makes the prefab walls? I find the product interesting and would like to see how it's being manufactured.
Looking into it.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 07-30-2021, 10:44 AM

I love Don's videos. The BEST
Old 07-30-2021, 11:47 AM

Don,
What is the size of the Sawgrass Market Square in comparison to Brownwood? Same, smaller, larger? Is the entrance to McGrady's Restaurant right in the square? If so, I would assume some of the square is lost for the entrance.
Thanks for the updates and the videos. Excellent!
Old 07-30-2021, 02:52 PM
Default Well done

Thank you for another great update. I remember some months ago you located mapping/plans for an apartment complex in the northern section of Richmond. That plan has seemingly been changed to homesites. Am I correct in that assumption and if so do you have any insight as to why the changes were made? Sincere condolences regarding Jesse’s passing.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stings View Post
Thank you for another great update. I remember some months ago you located mapping/plans for an apartment complex in the northern section of Richmond. That plan has seemingly been changed to homesites. Am I correct in that assumption and if so do you have any insight as to why the changes were made? Sincere condolences regarding Jesse’s passing.
Plans for Richmond Lofts were scrapped. My sources aren’t forthcoming with information why. It’s all single family homes now.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 07-31-2021, 05:46 AM
Default #95

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dog back in April and still cry daily. She used to sit under my desk too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Here is another update on the construction work happening in The Villages, this is update #95. This update picks up where update #94 left off and covers all the construction work happening south of SR44. Starting in the Village of Richmond I work my way south through the areas along the north side of the turnpike all the way down to SR470, and then work my way north again on the other side of the turnpike. Lastly, I take another look at the work going on at the new prefab home construction going up in Ty Villas.

I’ve refined the maps a little more and they are much clearer, and the labels are larger and easier to read.
This is #95

The Villages Construction Update #95 - South of 44 - YouTube

Here's the link to #94 if you missed it
The Villages Construction Update #94 - Precast Construction Premieres - 7/21/2021 - YouTube
Old 07-31-2021, 06:04 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

pretty much all you'll see are concrete forms............. some w/curing conc while others await
Old 07-31-2021, 08:09 AM

Love the new maps. Hope you like making these videos as much as we enjoy watching them.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Smiley View Post
Don,
What is the size of the Sawgrass Market Square in comparison to Brownwood? Same, smaller, larger? Is the entrance to McGrady's Restaurant right in the square? If so, I would assume some of the square is lost for the entrance.
Thanks for the updates and the videos. Excellent!
The actual entertainment square for SG is about 130x130, BW is about 100x100 (less the bleachers), so SG is bigger than BW. It will not look like it is because it will lack the sidewalks, parking, roads, and additional sidewalks and stores that appears to double the open area of BW.

McGrady's plans show outside seating, but this is in addition to the planned covered entertainment square of SG mentioned above.

Every time I shoot video at SG I'm getting a better feel for its size and what is planned. This will be the place to party in the near future.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 08-02-2021, 05:31 AM
Default Thanks Don!!!

Barb & I love your videos! They were actually pretty influential in our decision to come to The Villages last Fall.
We feel your pain over the loss of your buddy! We’ve been there too. The pain will gradually fade, but the love will always be there!
Keep up the great work!!

Tags
update, work, construction, south, #95

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.