Construction Update Flyover 10-6-19

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts
Default Construction Update Flyover 10-6-19

Here’s the newest flyover of the areas of The Villages under construction. Between poor flying conditions and teaching at The Enrichment Academy I’ve been a bit overwhelmed and unable to get another video out.
I’m making liberal use of the 4K video and the ability to digital zoom to get some better shots especially of the Turnpike bridge and Water Lilly rec center under construction.

I’ve started a twitter feed and next week will start tweeting out when flying for those who may want to come and watch. @Gold_Wingnut

I’m also going to take a shot at live streaming on YouTube and Facebook while flying next week. We’ll see how well that actually works.

The Villages 10-06-19 Construction Update - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 10-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Thanks again for another great video. Much appreciated.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

I was having withdrawal symptoms. Missed you but I understand. You do a great job.

It sure appears that the construction has slowed down just a bit (maybe like 20-30%). Do you feel that way?
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-07-2019, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Great video and narration. Hope TV doesn't put another smackdown on you for pointing the longer cart access..

Wendy's can't open because they have no employees.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I was having withdrawal symptoms. Missed you but I understand. You do a great job.

It sure appears that the construction has slowed down just a bit (maybe like 20-30%). Do you feel that way?
Actually discussed the work pace with a couple of carpenters last week while shooting some video. Both said that they are working more hours than ever and looking for more help just to keep up. One said, "business is very good" and pointed to his 2019 F350 dually King Ranch edition pickup in the street and said "paid cash for it last month".

If these guys were any indication, I would say that construction hasn't slowed a bit.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 10-07-2019, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,205 Posts

Thanks for another informative video Don!

The construction velocity is amazing, from slab to concrete block walls to under roof in less than a week.

I especially appreciated your shout out to people doing the hard work building the homes.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:28 AM

Don..Have you heard anything about the turnpike bridge lately?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Actually discussed the work pace with a couple of carpenters last week while shooting some video. Both said that they are working more hours than ever and looking for more help just to keep up. One said, "business is very good" and pointed to his 2019 F350 dually King Ranch edition pickup in the street and said "paid cash for it last month".

If these guys were any indication, I would say that construction hasn't slowed a bit.
That must be an $80 to 100,000 truck. Hard work pays!
Old 10-08-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Don..Have you heard anything about the turnpike bridge lately?
It's covered in his video. The turnpike bridge is assembled on the side of the road but they haven't started building the supports for it. The Rohan 44 bridge has the supports built but no bridge. The Brownwood 44 bridge is up but no ramps exist from the ground to the 20 foot high entry and exit on the bridge itself.

After watching GWN's video, I immediately went and watched the October VMail. I guess the rumor's are official now, because in the video they mention April/May for connectivity, even though, as GWN points out in his video, less than a year ago they were saying January 2020 for full connectivity. No reasons or excuses given. There has been a rumor floating for a couple months now that connectivity wouldn't be until spring. But the VMail is the first "official" communication I have seen that confirms that rumor. The other part of the rumor was that FDOT was the reason for the delay, but as stated previously, no reasons or excuses were given and there was not even an acknowledgement that the current schedule is different from what the previous timeline was.

We'll all survive with the connectivity delay. Delays happen. With construction this rapid and widespread, it's a wonder there aren't other delays. The lack of transparency with the reasons for the delay and/or even acknowledging the delay bugs me more than the delay itself. The Vmail simply states that it will be April/May as if that has just been the plan all along.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Great video, as usual. I do have one thing to point out, though. Your admonitions about avoiding the "no trespassing" areas are good, but they are having open houses within areas that say no trespassing. This has been going on for weeks. Especially the section that includes Hinckey Ave., running parallel to the turnpike. In order to get back there, you have to go right past (sometimes multiple) "No Trespassing" signs. There are other areas in Monarch Grove where we have witnessed the same thing. It gets confusing, and lessens the credibility of such signage.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
Great video, as usual. I do have one thing to point out, though. Your admonitions about avoiding the "no trespassing" areas are good, but they are having open houses within areas that say no trespassing. This has been going on for weeks. Especially the section that includes Hinckey Ave., running parallel to the turnpike. In order to get back there, you have to go right past (sometimes multiple) "No Trespassing" signs. There are other areas in Monarch Grove where we have witnessed the same thing. It gets confusing, and lessens the credibility of such signage.
I agree, I noticed this also, they appear to have forgotten to take down some of the signs in the Monarch Grove and Linden areas, many of the homes are already occupied just beyond the signs.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 10-10-2019, 08:33 AM

Thank you for the videos! We appreciate the updates and the 9/16 side-by-side. Can't move to McClure yet but your videos help us feel some connection while we're stuck in CO (high temp today - 29 degrees).
Old 10-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

The only thing that bugs me is them whining about using their maps. After all you do for them, and as cooperative as you are, they won't let you show a MAP? Seriously. That is really petty. Sounds like lawyers to me.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, flying, i’m, flyover, i’ve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.