Construction update flyover 7/14/19

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2019, 06:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default Construction update flyover 7/14/19

Here's a new flyover of the construction areas in The Villages shot on 7/14/2019. Items of note include the main framing of the bridge over the Turnpike can now be clearly seen, the Warm Springs traffic circle taking shape., and construction of the clubhouse for the Lofts is running at full speed.

At about the 5:15 mark the video shift to show low level flyovers of the neighborhoods under construction in Marsh Bend and Linden Isle.

The Villages Construction Update 7-14-19 - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Thank you. So cool.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:19 AM

Another great video....Thanks Don.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,241 Posts

Awesome Don, these keep getting better - thank you!

Love all the 4 car garages, definitely my kind of neighborhood

I ask my Rep how they choose the street names. She told me they are named after employees which I thought was really cool.

I think I was there when the natural view lots became available, the others were spoken for by the end of the week. My heart stopped when I was told the price of those lots. Curious how someone gets on the list.

Last edited by Altavia; 07-15-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Thanks Nut!!!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:18 AM

I always get excited when I see you have posted a new video. This one did not disappoint!
Thanks Again!
Old 07-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,268 Posts

Loved the comments about the garages.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-16-2019, 04:24 AM
Sage

Another thank you Don. Great video. Love your YouTube channel.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM
Sage

Thank you!
Old 07-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Awesome Don, these keep getting better - thank you!

Love all the 4 car garages, definitely my kind of neighborhood

I ask my Rep how they choose the street names. She told me they are named after employees which I thought was really cool.

I think I was there when the natural view lots became available, the others were spoken for by the end of the week. My heart stopped when I was told the price of those lots. Curious how someone gets on the list.
There is no list. You need to get a Villages realtor and let them know what you want. When they call you, you need to commit right away. I think in this case everyone knew what was coming so they were ready for it. The prices are crazy, but obviously some can afford it. I assume that as they move closer to Brownwood, things are just going to continue to go up.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
There is no list. You need to get a Villages realtor and let them know what you want. When they call you, you need to commit right away. I think in this case everyone knew what was coming so they were ready for it. The prices are crazy, but obviously some can afford it. I assume that as they move closer to Brownwood, things are just going to continue to go up.
Where is the movement closer to Brownwood occurring?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

Don, thanks for another great video. Just a question - did you change cameras or speeds or something. I love watching your videos normally, but this one seemed Jerky or something - kind of gave me a headache. I watched it at 3/4 speed and it was better. Never had that problem with any other video....

I have to say I love Marsh Bend. Just Beautiful. I am thinking the bridge of 44 is going to be a while - what is the hurry anyway? It would be a bridge to nowhere. Would not shock me if they did them all in the same week..... The only thing Certain is it will be before the next high season(all 3 bridges). I think that is a safe assumption.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where is the movement closer to Brownwood occurring?
The new part of Marsh bend is closer to Brownwood, and they will continue that way and then jump the turnpike - I am thinking the houses between the turnpike and brownwood will be pricey due to high demand.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Don, thanks for another great video. Just a question - did you change cameras or speeds or something. I love watching your videos normally, but this one seemed Jerky or something - kind of gave me a headache. I watched it at 3/4 speed and it was better. Never had that problem with any other video....

I have to say I love Marsh Bend. Just Beautiful. I am thinking the bridge of 44 is going to be a while - what is the hurry anyway? It would be a bridge to nowhere. Would not shock me if they did them all in the same week..... The only thing Certain is it will be before the next high season(all 3 bridges). I think that is a safe assumption.
The flights in this video were all free flights, manually controlled by the pilot (me), unlike some that are programmed and controlled by the onboard computer of the drone. The video is then rendered at 2X speed which really makes the piloting issues more noticeable. So the bottom line is that I'm a much better programmer than I am pilot. When you watch the side-by-side video you will see that the newer one is much smoother, this is because I'm programming the flight from the data of the first, manual flight.

I'm also not doing as much editing of the video content to get them out faster. I fly all morning on Sunday then spend Sunday evening doing the editing and to add to the issue there is sometimes either a wine or scotch component to the work.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
The new part of Marsh bend is closer to Brownwood, and they will continue that way and then jump the turnpike - I am thinking the houses between the turnpike and brownwood will be pricey due to high demand.
I agree, the property between the Turnpike and Brownwood will command top dollar.

Nothing much to see there yet, but when there is, I'll have video for everyone to enjoy.
www.goldwingnut.com
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, flyover, full, mark, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.