Construction Update Flyover and Maintenance Assessment Information

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts
Default Construction Update Flyover and Maintenance Assessment Information

Here is the latest flyover of the construction work in The Villages and part 2 of my discussions on the fees we pay here in The Villages.

This time I discuss the annual Maintenance Assessments and answer many of the common questions I’ve received about it.

Construction is happening very fast in the southern end of The Villages and is over such a large area it’s almost impossible to keep up with even on a weekly basis.

Here’s the link to the new video: The Villages Construction Update 6-19-19 and Maintenance Assessment discussion. - YouTube

If you missed the previous video on the Bond Assessments, here’s the link to it: The Villages Construction update and Bond information 5/30/2019 - YouTube

If you are enjoying my videos please subscribe to my YouTube page so you can get updates and notifications when new ones are posted.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 06-19-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Thanks Don, another great flight video with very articulate explanation of how the community services, facilities and infrastructure are funded.

I am just introduced to The Villages, but at the end of the day, it seems the complex architecture of the fundings allows the community to do things quickly and cost effectively other communities dependent on voter approval can not. Nothing is perfect but as long as what is good for the developers is substantially good for the homeowners, I'll have no worries.

The flight path near the end was awesome and made me laugh, I encourage people to watch the entire video :-)

Construction on my home in MG likely will not start until October so your videos are very useful for me.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Altavia; 06-19-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Thanks Don, another great flight video with very articulate explanation of how the community services, facilities and infrastructure are funded.

I am just introduced to The Villages, but at the end of the day, it seems the complex architecture of the fundings allows the developers to do things quickly and cost effectively other communities dependent on voter approval can not. Nothing is perfect but as long as what is good for the developers is substantially good for the homeowners, I'll have no worries.

The flight path near the end was awesome and made me laugh, I encourage people to watch the entire video :-)

Construction on my home in MG likely will not start until October so your videos are very useful for me.

Thank you so much!
Robbie,
The Developer, contrary to popular belief, has very little to do with most of the financial happenings here in The Villages.

From the Bonds, they get paid for for their work to do the development and infrastructure, after that they are no different that the rest of the homeowners. Any unsold properties at the beginning of the year they have to write a check to cover the bond assessments (this help explain the aggressive marketing of new homes in the developing areas).

The Maintenance Assessment they get nothing from. They may get a little if they are providing contracted services but this is few and far between. Here again if the property is unsold, they pay just like the rest of us.

The Amenity Fee are a little different. North of SR44 they get nothing from the money the residents pay, it all goes to operate and maintain the amenities and to pay for the municipal bonds that were issues by VCCDD and SLCDD to purchase the amenities. South of SR44 they own all the amenities and collect the monthly fees. The have to pay the District office and Recreation department for the staffing and operation of the amenities they own. The same is true for the 5 golf courses south of SR44, they open them but the executive golf division staff and run them so the developer has to pay for this service. What they don't have to pay is any bond, so the extra money becomes part of their business portfolio from which they have to pay income and property taxes, and anything left over becomes a profit for them. Yes they do provide some service back to the District/Rec/Golf department and get compensated for it just like any other subcontractor.

Theirs is a very efficient and polished operation with the bulk of their revenue coming from home sales and commercial properties rentals and operations.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 06-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Robbie,
The Developer, contrary to popular belief, has very little to do with most of the financial happenings here in The Villages...
Such a shame that more people don't understand this. Maybe they would attend meetings and get more involved if they understood that we have government structure and don't live under a dictator.

Resident Acadamy. Every TV resident should attend.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Thanks for the clarifications Don, very clear and much appreciated.

I've clarified my post from "allows the developers" to "allows the community."

Marathon Man, I've noted Resident Academy to my list of things to do after arrival.

Last edited by Altavia; 06-19-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

What a beautiful job. Really unbelievable. We take a ride down that way about once a month and can't believe the progress that they have made so quickly.

Don, your explanation is priceless. Your skill going thru the tunnel is fantastic. Thanks for your effort.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:43 PM

I was under the impression that the developer did not transfer all the amenity facilities north of sr44 because of the IRS questioning the use of tax exempt bonds. I thought that all future transfers would be taxable bonds and for that reason he did not sell them to the town center CDD’s. When did the transfers occur?
Old 06-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Platinum member

All the amenities north of SR44 were sold by the developer to SLCDD in November 15, 2016, Resolution 17-07 documents budgets associated with the purchase. See https://www.districtgov.org/PDFView/...20190305sl0104

As far as the IRS issue goes, a) it was resolved, and b) it has no bearing on the purchase. See Village Community Development Districts

Since May 2017 the PWAC has had responsibility for oversee the amenities as agreed to under Resolution 17-11.

North of SR44 the developer owns the Championship golf courses, commercial properties, and 1 lot in Chatham Acres that is still for sale. They have no say in the operations and budget of the amenities, the Project Wide Fund, and the operations and budgets of the numbered CDDs north of SR44.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 06-22-2019, 07:25 AM

Thank you! I enjoyed every minute of it!
Old 06-24-2019, 08:55 AM

We enjoy your drone videos! SO much so, we are hoping you will produce a video showing the ‘bridge lift’ when the crew moves the bride into place across 44. THe lift is supposed to occur soon. I hope you can make a video that will record an important event in the history of the villages.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGUY View Post
We enjoy your drone videos! SO much so, we are hoping you will produce a video showing the ‘bridge lift’ when the crew moves the bride into place across 44. THe lift is supposed to occur soon. I hope you can make a video that will record an important event in the history of the villages.

It's an important event and there are significant safety issues involved with the bridge movement, the video may have to be from ground level depending on when it happens (can't fly at night).

I'm keeping a close eye on what's going on and constantly on the lookout for credible information on when it will occur.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Thank you! I enjoyed every minute of it!
I second that.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:49 PM
Veteran member

very good info,thank you. you should publish it so the morons who complain about 'The Family" getting richer off of us can be quiet. If not for their family where would we be. I'd be in Wisconsin freezing. life is good in the Bubble!
Old 06-24-2019, 02:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
very good info,thank you. you should publish it so the morons who complain about 'The Family" getting richer off of us can be quiet. If not for their family where would we be. I'd be in Wisconsin freezing. life is good in the Bubble!
Thanks, but I think Ron White had the correct answer, "you can't fix stupid". We're always going the have the naysayers and uneducated that think they area owed something and that everything is the developer's fault.

Is The Villages perfect, probably not, there are always things that could be improved. But if you can learn to accept with life has given each of us, it make this place pretty close to perfect.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 PM

Well said. Thanks for all you do. CDD 10 we’re lucky to have you watching out for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, construction, maintenance, video, here’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.