Contact Costco

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Gold member
Default Contact Costco

For those of you who are interested in letting Costco know that we Villagers are looking forward to having a store located here, I have an email address for you.

A neighbor on the "NextDoor" forum has been in contact with Costco and has been persistent enough to find out who to communicate with.

Email Robin at this email address, "w01026mkt04@costco dot com". She has has responded and thus far over 50 Villagers have emailed her regarding our desire to have a store here. (I put the quotes and the 'dot com' in so that this does not get xxxxx'ed out by the powers that be.)

Robin is passing the emails on to the head of the real estate dept. to be sure that they get in the right hands. She recently replied that she was surprised to get so many letters of interest and to keep sending them in.

So there you go! Email Robin and let Costco know that this will be a great market for them!
Old 03-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just sent an email. Hope it helps.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Platinum member

I tried sending using this email and the address was rejected?
Old 03-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I tried sending using this email and the address was rejected?
Same here
Old 03-05-2016, 08:20 PM

Sent. Hope it helps!
Old 03-05-2016, 08:22 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I sent them a detailed e-mail outlining stats, etc...hope it helps!
Old 03-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
I sent them a detailed e-mail outlining stats, etc...hope it helps!
I've tried 4 times now. Can one of you that was successful share how you did it? WWW.-------------------.com. Please fill in
Old 03-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Welcome to Costco Wholesale
Old 03-05-2016, 09:44 PM

I just sent an e-mail and it went. You must that out the "" and the dot.com must be .com I hope it helps. We have been members of Costco since 1987. There are a lot more Costco's in Ca. and not many Sam's. I sure hope a new Costco in The Villages is possible.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Gold member

You don't go to a website to contact Robin. You email her. The email address is as posted in my first post. It ends in .com I have seen the moderators block out email addresses when posted. so I spelled out the .com.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:08 AM
Veteran member

It would be wonderful if a Costco opened in TV. Living here in the Kirkland, WA area it seems like we have a Costco on every corner. I’m at a Costco almost daily. I do have an acquaintance that works in the upper offices of Costco and a few years ago we were talking about the lack of a Costco in N. FL. As I recall he said it really isn’t rocket science. They look at population and median income. The reason he gave for no Costco in Destin/Pensacola area - seasonal population. I don’t know the reasons for no Costco in TV but I suspect seasonal population may be a factor.

Since I live in Costco country I can’t say I’ve ever seen or shopped at a Sam’s Club, but isn’t it the same thing?
Old 03-06-2016, 05:23 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Costco is over priced and since they are raising employees wages you can be sure the burden will be transferred to customers
Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I shop both SAMs and costco weekly. I find that both have something higher priced than the other. Both carry different items that I can only get at one or the other. Costco wages have paid for many part time employees to keep their daughters and sons in dance. For those who are not in that loop a competitive dancers lessons for one year starts at $17,000. If Costco is giving them a raise good for them. I have not had a raise for 5 years in a hospital.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Gold member

Costco and Sam's are NOT the same!

Issue #1.
I bought 2 pair of prescription glasses at Sam's recently. Luckily they have a 30 day return policy. I bought a pair of sunglasses and a regular pair of glasses. With my vision insurance from Medicare it was just over $800.00 total. I was surprised at how high they were, but I bought progressive lens and they aren't cheap. The frames were about $90.00 each.

While in Costco in Orlando I went by the optical dept just to check out their selection of frames and prices. I ended up buying repeating my purchases at Costco. The price difference was unbelievable! Both sunglasses and regular glasses, both with progressive lens, high index, anti-glare, scratch resistant etc was under $400.00 !!!

Both stores had a "buy 2 pair get $30 off" deal so that was a non issue.

I was shocked that the price was more than double at Sam's!! The day I received my Costco glasses I returned the glasses to Sam's. I am so glad that I thought to check the price at Costco. That $400+ savings goes a long way.......

Issue #2.
Every time we are in Sam's, customer service is an issue. The registers at the self service lines are down, not enough registers are open and lines are incredibly slow. They have frequent computer issues, glitches, freezing etc.

They also do not have enough help and the attitudes from employees are not the customer service oriented attitude that Costco has. Costco has an environment of excellent customer service.

In Utah we had 4 Costco warehouses within a 10 mile radius. We took them for granted. Always convenient and available. Man, I sure do miss them here!!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
It would be wonderful if a Costco opened in TV. Living here in the Kirkland, WA area it seems like we have a Costco on every corner. I’m at a Costco almost daily. I do have an acquaintance that works in the upper offices of Costco and a few years ago we were talking about the lack of a Costco in N. FL. As I recall he said it really isn’t rocket science. They look at population and median income. The reason he gave for no Costco in Destin/Pensacola area - seasonal population. I don’t know the reasons for no Costco in TV but I suspect seasonal population may be a factor.

Since I live in Costco country I can’t say I’ve ever seen or shopped at a Sam’s Club, but isn’t it the same thing?
Hopefully we will have one here soon. When you move you will quickly realize that Sam's is a very disappointing imitation of Costco. We find ourselves in Orlando at Costco much more than we would like.

After moving from Utah where we had 4 Costco warehouses within a 10 mile radius, we really miss our Costcos. Hopefully they will realize the potential of a store here.

Please send an email!
Closed Thread

Tags
costco, email, robin, dot, contact, address, store, villagers, dept, estate, hands, emails, powers, passing, head, recently, real, market, great, sending, surprised, xxxxxed, letters, interest, replied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.