Contact Costco

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
For those of you who are interested in letting Costco know that we Villagers are looking forward to having a store located here, I have an email address for you.

A neighbor on the "NextDoor" forum has been in contact with Costco and has been persistent enough to find out who to communicate with.

Email Robin at this email address, "w01026mkt04@costco dot com". She has has responded and thus far over 50 Villagers have emailed her regarding our desire to have a store here. (I put the quotes and the 'dot com' in so that this does not get xxxxx'ed out by the powers that be.)

Robin is passing the emails on to the head of the real estate dept. to be sure that they get in the right hands. She recently replied that she was surprised to get so many letters of interest and to keep sending them in.

So there you go! Email Robin and let Costco know that this will be a great market for them!
Let's form a Costco Club.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorArno View Post
Let's form a Costco Club.

REALLY? We had memberships to both Sam's and Costco back in Cincinnati and eventually dropped ours to Costco. To me....there isn't a nickle's worth of difference in what they sell overall. One will offer an item you want that the other doesn't have occasionally but they both have a big pencil, i.e. enormous buying power, and that causes their item's to be bargains most of the time.

I think that the amount that the workers are paid is the issue with a lot of people. When I shop, I look for price and quality and am just glad the workers have a job.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-07-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I find the distribution of Costco stores in FL to be interesting. There are 3 in the Orlando area, 5 down the west coast from Clearwater to Fort Meyers, 1 in Jacksonville (actually in an affluent area of St. John's county) and 1 in Tallahassee. There are none along the southeast coast. They open a limited number of new stores each year and I wonder if we have the demographics to compete with other areas around the country. While I would like to see Costco come to the south side of The Villages, I am not holding my breath. BTW, Sam's Club has 4x the number of locations in FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
We too would really like it if Costco came to the villages. I emailed Robin and I suggested that Costco begin adapting to the changing population of the US. It's time for a Costco Silver store. We don't need baby diapers or family sized cereal boxes but we still buy meats, electronics, and lots of pharmaceutical products and wine. We'd be a great place for the first Costco Silver store which would be a model for others near large retirement communities. If some of you have ideas that might make such a store profitable and convenient pass them along. At some point the higher ups at Costco might think that they just thought of a great idea....Costco Silver.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:18 AM

We would love to have a Costco near by. Oxford, Wildwood or Belleview would be great for us villages.
Thank you,
William Madison
Old 03-07-2016, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Best Warehouse Store: BJ

Sam's Club Vs. Costco Vs. BJ's - Business Insider

Costco or Sam’s? Which Wholesale Club Is Most Worth the Membership Cost? | TIME.com

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-07-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Having shopped at both for many years, I would take Costco, hands down over Sam's.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:39 AM

I tried using this email and it comes back as an error. If you send corrected email, I will send my request,
Thanks!!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Default I have been a member of Costco for over 35 years

Quote:
For those of you who are interested in letting Costco know that we Villagers are looking forward to having a store located here, I have an eimail address for you.

A neighbor on the "NextDoor" forum has been in contact with Costco and has been persistent enough to find out who to communicate with.

Email Robin at this email address, "w01026mkt04@costco dot com". She has has responded and thus far over 50 Villagers have emailed her regarding our desire to have a store here. (I put the quotes and the 'dot com' in so that this does not get xxxxx'ed out by the powers that be.)

Robin is passing the emails on to the head of the real estate dept. to be sure that they get in the right hands. She recently replied that she was surprised to get so many letters of interest and to keep sending them in.

So there you go! Email Robin and let Costco know that this will be a great market for them!
Been going to Costco for in Calif and AZ for over 35 years and love the store. We need one here in the Villages. Talked to over 40 friends and they would desire one also.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:41 AM

Need Costco here NOW!!! Sam's Club doesn't fit the bill.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabibaho8 View Post
Need Costco here NOW!!! Sam's Club doesn't fit the bill.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:02 AM

YES for a Cosco in the Villages
Old 03-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I find the distribution of Costco stores in FL to be interesting. There are 3 in the Orlando area, 5 down the west coast from Clearwater to Fort Meyers, 1 in Jacksonville (actually in an affluent area of St. John's county) and 1 in Tallahassee. There are none along the southeast coast. They open a limited number of new stores each year and I wonder if we have the demographics to compete with other areas around the country. While I would like to see Costco come to the south side of The Villages, I am not holding my breath. BTW, Sam's Club has 4x the number of locations in FL.
I know of two, North Palm Beach and Boca Raton.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I went looking for locations and found two different Costco web pages with different information. One excluded the stores down the east coast. It looks like 20+ stores in FL based on the second page.

Here is the first, and apparently wrong, webpage with the incomplete information.

Find a Costco warehouse- Costco

My bad ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
I know of two, North Palm Beach and Boca Raton.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 AM

I've communicated with Costco's field reps for years now as to establishing a facility in the Villages. I've been explicit in asking them to come and see the dynamic,burgeoning growth of the area. I've also let them know of the demographic stats and they've always turned a deaf ear to my pleas. Perhaps it has to do with the exposure to Sam's Club?
In Miami we had a Costco,Sam's Club and BJ's that seemed to co-exist quite well in that they were not too distant from one another. Going to Altamonte Springs for a shopping spree at Costco is a bit of a stretch for many of us although we favor Costco.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
For those of you who are interested in letting Costco know that we Villagers are looking forward to having a store located here, I have an email address for you.

We are very interested in a Costco close to the villages, the 60 mile drive to Orlando is a huge inconvenience, we would frequent Costco at least once a week as I purchase for multiple family members. There is a very large population in the villages that would support this store. Thanks to all that are emailing positive requests. I have been told by many different sources that " the powers that be" turn down Costco store requests as they have agreements with other stores to keep Costco out. Lady lake has allowed a SAMs club and it is crowded all hours it is open so there is a need. Thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
costco, email, robin, dot, contact, address, store, villagers, dept, estate, hands, emails, powers, passing, head, recently, real, market, great, sending, surprised, xxxxxed, letters, interest, replied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.