Continued Faith In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Continued Faith In The Villages

On Monday, two couples went to dinner at Glenview and then to the Savannah Center for the 8 PM show. When they returned home one of the ladies realized she lost her pin which was not an inexpensive piece of jewelry. That evening her husband sent an email to John Rohan asking for help. He passed the email to the folks at Savannah and by the end of the following day the pin had been found, on the floor, during cleanup. The other couple left a credit card at Glenview and Glenview had the card. Both instances had so much room for someone to realize personal gain by keeping the pin or the credit card but in both instances the personnel and employees did the right thing and secured both. There are many negative posts on this site and thought it might be nice to post someting positive about the good people that work and serve here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank you. It seems too many times we post when things haven't gone our way, but don't bother to post good things.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Sage

Went to Panera's for breakfast with friends last Sunday and I didn't realized I lost my villages I.D. and drivers license that I keep in a separate billfold.

When I went to get another coffee, a man said hello.

Shortly thereafter, he approached our table and said I had dropped my billfold where I parked my cart. He thanked me for not having to drive to my house to return my license. Can you imagine!!! Needless to say, I was amazed at how much a person would go out of their way to help a stranger.

I thanked him profusely. Only in TV and never in NY.!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

The other day my wife and I were shopping at Home Depot. I lost my wife and by the time that I got home, someone dropped her off at the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Went to Panera's for breakfast with friends last Sunday and I didn't realized I lost my villages I.D. and drivers license that I keep in a separate billfold.

When I went to get another coffee, a man said hello.

Shortly thereafter, he approached our table and said I had dropped my billfold where I parked my cart. He thanked me for not having to drive to my house to return my license. Can you imagine!!! Needless to say, I was amazed at how much a person would go out of their way to help a stranger.

I thanked him profusely. Only in TV and never in NY.!!!
My daughter was in NY last year and dropped her wallet on the subway,,, believe it or not someone ran after her to return it!! So, yeah, even in NY there are people with integrity ,,,
Old 09-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There is great beauty in recognizing and, even more importantly, sharing acts of kindness, honesty and integrity. Thank you all.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Platinum member
Default Just kidding but

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
The other day my wife and I were shopping at Home Depot. I lost my wife and by the time that I got home, someone dropped her off at the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe the person that found her thought you might miss her.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:32 AM
Email Reported As Spam

A few years back golf digest did a study. They intentional left 25 new and very expensive pitching wedges on various course throughout thie country. Of the 25 , 21 pitching wedges were returned.

At the Minneapolis airport parking garage I found a checkbook. I recorded the check number on the top check and made a call to the owner indicating I found his check book where and the check number on the top in the event he wanted to contact his bank. We met and this guy, an attorney was most grateful .

I believe most people are honest
Old 09-16-2016, 07:03 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

There are still great people in this world.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

I have found that many Villagers will give you the shirt off of their back if you need it.

I lost my wallet years ago near the Belvedere Library and got it back minus the money after someone picked it up after whoever found tossed it to the side of the road in Weirsdale. It had all my ids and the credit cards and the like.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

I think the parents of our generation had a lot to do with our honesty and integrity. At least in my case, I know that was the case. We knew that lying and stealing (even something insignificant) would not be tolerated. Most of my Dad's "deals" we're made with a handshake. It was a time when a handshake was all that was required. Times have changed----now you better get it in writing!

Yes, there are still a lot of very honest and good people in the world. Golfers I find are the best of the best. Over the years I have left clubs on the course and they have always been returned. Once, when we left Myrtle Beach in a hurry to beat the weather, I had a club mailed to me that I had left on the course. Last winter I left a club near a sand trap and the foursome behind gave it to the ambassador who got it to me two holes later. Strange how it works out, you do something for someone and it always comes back to you as favor when you need it.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Most Villagers are wonderful, honest and caring people.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
There are many negative posts on this site and thought it might be nice to post someting positive about the good people that work and serve here.
On New Year's Eve 2015, we were at Paddock Square with friends.
When we left Brownwood, I left my purse in the bleacher seats.
Before I even realized it was missing, my purse was turned in to Community Watch and they called me.
My wallet, money and credit cards were intact.
I believe that most people in this world are honest, compassionate and caring.

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-17-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I think the parents of our generation had a lot to do with our honesty and integrity. At least in my case, I know that was the case. We knew that lying and stealing (even something insignificant) would not be tolerated. Most of my Dad's "deals" we're made with a handshake. It was a time when a handshake was all that was required. Times have changed----now you better get it in writing!

Yes, there are still a lot of very honest and good people in the world. Golfers I find are the best of the best. Over the years I have left clubs on the course and they have always been returned. Once, when we left Myrtle Beach in a hurry to beat the weather, I had a club mailed to me that I had left on the course. Last winter I left a club near a sand trap and the foursome behind gave it to the ambassador who got it to me two holes later. Strange how it works out, you do something for someone and it always comes back to you as favor when you need it.
I am a firm believer in Karma. What actions you do or put out in this world, good or bad, eventually come back to you. It may take months or even years, but it comes back.

A few years ago when I was visiting The Villages, I had a minor problem with my rental car. A very nice Villager took time out of his day (about 30 minutes) to assist me. Would that assistance from a total stranger happen in suburban Chicago? Maybe or maybe not. . .
Old 09-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I am a firm believer in Karma. What actions you do or put out in this world, good or bad, eventually come back to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
pin, card, glenview, email, instances

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.