CoronaVirus | Club Events | Town Squares

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 07:47 AM

The Villages is being REACTIVE instead of PROACIVE - very disappointing! People have to be informed and precautions and containment put in place. Colleges have cancelled all classes in some states without even a case! We are all at risk....are they smarter? Apparently........
Old 03-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

How about a positive reaction?
Maybe, TV, like many other responsible organizations have certain go-no go levels of feedback.
The fact that schools and public venues here are currently remaining as per normal, could/should be a positive indicator.

And for many negative or prejudiced folks that will not fly. But like it or not....it is just as accurate.

One always has their own self containment that can be implemented at any time they choose (OR NOT!!).
Old 03-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Veteran member
Default You were kidding right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
One does not have to worry about beds, every hospital has a emergency plan for an event. Hospitals can send all their OB to one facility, and set one hospital for another issue.
Triage is always set up in the parking lot, and then set to correct facility. Entire floors can be turned into whatever the need.
I don't know about your post. Was it a joke? Whatever might happen I agree with a former poster it would be huge if we had even one person with coronavirus. People at risk are already not coming to play bridge as of the last few days. We have some people who amazingly are still going on cruises in spite of Dr. Fauci's (NIH) advice not to do that. We do have quite a few people still traveling back and forth to The Villages. If we had even one case I think it would be pandemonium. I would not want to go to any hospital around here. I don't believe they are fully supplied or prepared for that virus.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I don't know about your post. Was it a joke? Whatever might happen I agree with a former poster it would be huge if we had even one person with coronavirus. People at risk are already not coming to play bridge as of the last few days. We have some people who amazingly are still going on cruises in spite of Dr. Fauci's (NIH) advice not to do that. We do have quite a few people still traveling back and forth to The Villages. If we had even one case I think it would be pandemonium. I would not want to go to any hospital around here. I don't believe they are fully supplied or prepared for that virus.
Based on what FACTS????
Old 03-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Default don't agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I didn’t say OB here hospitals would put like cases out of harms way, say a newborn, or infant, and move them to the same facility. Leaving all of the old people in one spot. It amazes me that people think anywhere in the US that 2000 people could be vented, in the same area.

As far as staffing you must not have come from medical field. If you work at a facility, and it becomes a triage unit. Everyone day off, vacation are called to work. You do not have a choice, and you will not be leaving that facility until the crisis is over. Yep you live there. Yes you work 16 hours, 8 off if possible. I have had the pleasure to serve in this situation more than once.

Medical staff do not panic, if they did they are in the wrong field.

The bonus is this is not trauma, so the new grads, won’t be deer in the headlights.
I worked in many ER trauma hospitals and I know that often we were overwhelmed with trauma cases and had to re-route to other ERs. Eventually all the ERs in the area were at times past capacity for new cases. I think this area could be a disaster just based on the lack of ability to handle the current routine ER situation. We better hope an outbreak here does not happen!
Old 03-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Gold member

You are correct about that "just one case". Many Villagers love to travel and I'm one of them. If one person gets the virus it will really hit the fan here. Crossing my fingers...
Old 03-12-2020, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Default not prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Based on what FACTS????
Based on the fact that The Villages and Leesburg hospital ERs cannot handle the routine (non-carona virus) emergencies right now. Based on the wait times right now that are still long - up to 7-8 hours, based on no beds, people waiting for beds for hours in the hallways on a stretcher, based on substandard medical treatment that has occurred in the past.
These are just a few reasons why a coronavirus outbreak here could be very bad.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Based on the fact that The Villages and Leesburg hospital ERs cannot handle the routine (non-carona virus) emergencies right now. Based on the wait times right now that are still long - up to 7-8 hours, based on no beds, people waiting for beds for hours in the hallways on a stretcher, based on substandard medical treatment that has occurred in the past.
These are just a few reasons why a coronavirus outbreak here could be very bad.
Bold=opinion
italic=ER waits are long everywhere
underlined= opinion

Still waiting for factual information about how local hospitals are not prepared. I'm not saying they are, but I have no evidence that shows they are not
Old 03-12-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
Hope they still have the craft shows on saaaaturday..
We are in the beginning of a world wide pandemic with global health, social and economic effects. We live within a population that likes to congregate in large numbers-many having serious existing health concerns. CDC has advised that people over sixty stay home and your bigger worry is a craft sale?
Old 03-12-2020, 09:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr
Unhappy Cancel activities

The Catfish Fry scheduled for Sat. 3/14 is canceled because of the scare. The monthly meeting of the Louisiana Club might also be canceled. Sad....................
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Just wondering if your scheduled club events are being canceled or not.

I run the Long Island Club and are now getting emails if our 4/7 event will happen or not.

What about the nitely squares
Old 03-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Veteran member
Default facts

Quote:
Bold=opinion
italic=ER waits are long everywhere
underlined= opinion

Still waiting for factual information about how local hospitals are not prepared. I'm not saying they are, but I have no evidence that shows they are not
I just gave you 4 facts.
Further, you said ER waits are long everywhere. The shortest wait time in The Villages ER for the 2 times in 10 years that I went there was 7 1/2 hours. The 2 times I went to the Ocala ER near Del Webb my wait time was less than 5 minutes.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
I just gave you 4 facts.
Further, you said ER waits are long everywhere. The shortest wait time in The Villages ER for the 2 times in 10 years that I went there was 7 1/2 hours. The 2 times I went to the Ocala ER near Del Webb my wait time was less than 5 minutes.
No, you gave opinion, and one fact about wait time. Here's today's ER wait facts:
ER Wait Times Within 30 miles of 32162
These are the average wait times at hospitals near 32162. Actual wait times will depend on many factors.

Hospital - Share Your Experience
City

Total Wait Times

Leesburg Regional Medical Center Comment
Leesburg
3h 12m

Florida Hospital Waterman Comment
Tavares
3h 16m

Citrus Memorial Hospital Comment
Inverness
3h 24m

Villages Regional Hospital, The Comment
The Villages
3h 35m

Munroe Regional Medical Center Comment
Ocala
4h 42m

Where is the proof of "substandard care"?---that's right, it's all anecdotal, and many of the stories posted make no medical sense

Where the proof that they lack supplies? Did you take inventory?

You cannot conflagrate fact and opinion, that's what the mainstream media is for.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:12 AM

What no one has mentioned is that we actually have NO idea whether there are already cases of Coronavirus here in The Villages because there's been NO testing. As of last night, according to Gov. DeSantis, fewer than 1000 people in the whole STATE of Florida have been tested and they're still waiting on results from almost half of those. I haven't heard of ANYONE being tested here yet. Tests are still in VERY short supply and being rationed out to hospitals. They're only allowed to test if there's actual evidence of exposure. By the time we know for sure how many are infected here, it'll be way too late to contain it. Having your favorite events canceled is a pretty small price to pay considering how many lives could be at stake with a population as vulnerable as ours.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
No, you gave opinion, and one fact about wait time. Here's today's ER wait facts:
ER Wait Times Within 30 miles of 32162
These are the average wait times at hospitals near 32162. Actual wait times will depend on many factors.

Hospital - Share Your Experience
City

Total Wait Times

Leesburg Regional Medical Center Comment
Leesburg
3h 12m

Florida Hospital Waterman Comment
Tavares
3h 16m

Citrus Memorial Hospital Comment
Inverness
3h 24m

Villages Regional Hospital, The Comment
The Villages
3h 35m

Munroe Regional Medical Center Comment
Ocala
4h 42m

Where is the proof of "substandard care"?---that's right, it's all anecdotal, and many of the stories posted make no medical sense

Where the proof that they lack supplies? Did you take inventory?

You cannot conflagrate fact and opinion, that's what the mainstream media is for.
that might be based on the time you are first checked by ER staff. I have personally been with people who waited hours for beds and who told there were beds but there is a lack of staff. at that time there were multiple patients on beds in the halls of the ER. although my friend was in ER from ambulance, I'm sure her official wait time was low, but she did not see a practitioner for several hours. Another friend of mine with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer was sent to leesburg for admission.....waited from about 10am until 9pm sitting in waiting room. Patient advocate said could not give time for bed to be available.

now these are anecdotal incidents, but I trust my own experiences over published waiting times and I feel several people here can share similar stories.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage
Cool

If you want this thread shut down, keep talking politics

Tags
club, events, squares, coronavirus, emails

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.