CoronaVirus | Club Events | Town Squares

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 10:47 AM

Governor is announcing stopping large group venues.
Several cruise lines have suspended services for 60 days.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
If you want this thread shut down, keep talking politics

"but Mom, he started it" you're absolutely correct--knee jerk response on my part.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
that might be based on the time you are first checked by ER staff. I have personally been with people who waited hours for beds and who told there were beds but there is a lack of staff. at that time there were multiple patients on beds in the halls of the ER. although my friend was in ER from ambulance, I'm sure her official wait time was low, but she did not see a practitioner for several hours. Another friend of mine with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer was sent to leesburg for admission.....waited from about 10am until 9pm sitting in waiting room. Patient advocate said could not give time for bed to be available.

now these are anecdotal incidents, but I trust my own experiences over published waiting times and I feel several people here can share similar stories.
You're right, they ARE anecdotal. And I can share stories across tens of thousands of ER encounters, some not so good, most pretty average, and a lot spectacular, so what. I have a problem with the statement "trust my own experience"---it is limited compared to the thousands of data points that go into the published numbers
Please avoid any physician who states "in my experience", I'm more interested in the evidence based medicine that should be practiced.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
If you want this thread shut down, keep talking politics
I hope every one of the threads on this crap gets shut down.

I pity America if there was a real national threat.
And No I do not think this is a real national threat.
Steve
Old 03-12-2020, 12:00 PM
Default Pitch in

Lets all be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.
#1 Wash your Hands, Wash your Hands,Wash your Hands ect.
#2 Avoid Crowds
#3 If you suspect you have been infected DO NOT head to the ER or your Doctors office,call a medical professional and describe your symptoms and follow their advice.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Sage

Just heard , wash your clothing after you have been in a close public environment(might also mean take a shower, too), also open windows and ventilate your habitate as much as possible
Old 03-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just heard , wash your clothing after you have been in a close public environment(might also mean take a shower, too), also open windows and ventilate your habitate as much as possible
And don't touch the mail, don't touch money if you don't know where it came from, don't touch doorknobs, don't pet others pets. don't touch the ATM, stay out of restaurants, don't touch eating utensils, don't touch the gas pumps, don't buy beverages form the bar huts at the squares, don't go shopping for anything that you think has been touched or breathed on...................
.................and for God's...DON'T BREATH IN PUBLIC PLACES!!
I hope everyone heeds these common sense suggestions.
Steve
Old 03-12-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 024engine View Post
Stop posting these things please. You're only going to create Panic by doing so. The threat is not as large as people are making it out to be. Please just stop!!
Agree wholeheartedlly!
Old 03-12-2020, 01:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneil View Post
Governor is announcing stopping large group venues.
Several cruise lines have suspended services for 60 days.
How about Disney World ??????? $$$$$$
Old 03-12-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

In my opinion, it’s better to take precautions. At our age in TV the (possible) panic won’t kill us. But the virus may. (Yes, I know I have changed my mind, but I am now considering the current information we have on the virus.)

For the deniers: remember the guy who fell off the 10 story building and said as he passed the 5th story, “So far so good”.

Last edited by Velvet; 03-12-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:50 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
that might be based on the time you are first checked by ER staff. I have personally been with people who waited hours for beds and who told there were beds but there is a lack of staff. at that time there were multiple patients on beds in the halls of the ER. although my friend was in ER from ambulance, I'm sure her official wait time was low, but she did not see a practitioner for several hours. Another friend of mine with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer was sent to leesburg for admission.....waited from about 10am until 9pm sitting in waiting room. Patient advocate said could not give time for bed to be available.

now these are anecdotal incidents, but I trust my own experiences over published waiting times and I feel several people here can share similar stories.
i agree . when the tornado hit the villages in 2007 the ER was overwhelmed and care substandard at least for us. imagine a pandemic. and the villages hospital gets the worst rating from medicare.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
Hope they still have the craft shows on saaaaturday..
Cancelled
Old 03-12-2020, 04:24 PM

I have lived here for just about 50-years now.A few years back I had to use the ER at LRMC.This was due to food poisoning.(My fault)
This was on a Sunday.The ER was packed at the time.I checked in with the front desk and gave them the info they needed.Total wait time was about 30-MINUTES.You would have thought I was JC himself. On other visits it was just about the same thing.Never had to wait that long.Last year I used the new urgent care at LRMC and was treated the same way.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You're right, they ARE anecdotal. And I can share stories across tens of thousands of ER encounters, some not so good, most pretty average, and a lot spectacular, so what. I have a problem with the statement "trust my own experience"---it is limited compared to the thousands of data points that go into the published numbers
Please avoid any physician who states "in my experience", I'm more interested in the evidence based medicine that should be practiced.
as a pharmacist, I am aware of "evidence based medicine". well, I remember a young cardiology fellow suggested using lasix as an IV infusion back in 1980s and was laughed at. however, he had seen it clinically beneficial during his residency. guess what, it's now an accepted treatment. give me a common sense doctor with a lot of clinical experience and an open mind any day over someone who bases all decisions on numbers. many new practitioners (and I include pharmacists in that) are fixated on "evidence based" medicine and have not a lick of common sense.

one of the finest cardiologists I ever knew told me he listened to everyone....the nurses, the aides, the housekeepers if they had information about his patient. you can combine that with the numbers.

sorry, it's one of the reasons I retired....the lack of common sense was getting to be too much. length of stays determined by "numbers" instead of how the patient actually looked....and the same patient being readmitted in days, polypharmacy because the practitioners don't have time to really look at past records.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

The Villages just closed down the production at Savannah Center tonight. It was closing night of The Producers and it was sold out. I'm bummed, but I understand.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, events, squares, coronavirus, emails

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.