Coronavirus

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,670 Times in 1,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I knew when I posted my opinion it would be blasted. As you would notice I don't make any critical remarks regarding those that are working to help those that have been stricken with the Virus. Also, nothing regarding those that are ill. My concern is "how did we get here" We don't have the support we need, e.g. masks. hand sanitizer, soft goods. ventilators, test equipment, bed facilities if needed, and of course a VACCINE. Billions have gone with the understanding it was to protect us from medical threats. It is not as though they have failed a couple of the targets but rather ALL. Go ahead and justify why we are where we are. I am not just ready to white wash the failures of these "government group/CDC's, etc etc". They failed and should be held accountable.
There were departments dedicated to this. One of them was eliminated. The director of the other one was fired. This happened during the current administration, these decisions were announced live, on live network TV, in official announcements by the person responsible for making those decisions.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:26 PM

Check back tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:48 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,133 Times in 321 Posts

I didn't think political posts were allowed. Well, they're all over this thread.
I get so tired of the finger-pointing. Can't we discuss what is happening... best practices on how to avoid getting this virus, etc. What benefit do we gain by trying to lay blame?
Old 03-19-2020, 04:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,493 Times in 672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I didn't think political posts were allowed. Well, they're all over this thread.
I get so tired of the finger-pointing. Can't we discuss what is happening... best practices on how to avoid getting this virus, etc. What benefit do we gain by trying to lay blame?
Old 03-19-2020, 05:09 AM
Veteran member

The US is on track with Italy. Her is something else to think about; in Italy on Sunday 3/15 - 300 people died, on Monday 3/16 another 300, on Tuesday 3/16 another 300 deaths, on Wednesday 3/17 another 475 deaths. Hospitals in Italy are close to running out of hospital capacity.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:00 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs down Rec Actions

An approach to the blatant violation of the number at outside area of the Rec Center is to
do as they did for the pools. Check on a regular basis the number playing games outside the Center, (e.g. Cards, etc) and if they are violating the "10" only number have them disband and prevented from returning. Their disregard for controls should not be so blatant as they risk other Villages residents.
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, coronavirus, possibility, heard, variation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.