Coronavirus Advice

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 08:21 AM

Stay away from everyone. Don’t touch anything outside your home or anything that isn’t yours.
If you must wear gloves or put on some protective covering then discard of that covering as safely as you can.
When you bring anything new inside your home, disinfect it.

Wash your hands immediately after you touch something outside of your home and avoid touching your face if you have to touch things that you aren’t 100% sure they have been disinfected by the virus

There are people roaming around the villages who have the virus and they don’t know it. You don’t know who they are and they don’t know it either.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:28 AM
Default MIT latest says it is 27 feet

This came out yesterday late, Tuesday, and should quickly help you decide how often you want to be grocery shopping. MIT scientists just validated, in case of a sneeze, the virus can travel 27 feet because of the body’s propulsion. Please remember some of the droplets can be airborne for up to 3 hours that has been published by Princeton a week ago. So if you walk in the radius of that 27 foot spread even if you don’t see a sneezing person you can become infected. Regardless of how you clean your hands.

Also additional symptom out, surprisingly different for only 3% with Covid19. Pink eye. No fever no respiratory issues just painful pink eye.

Please be smart and careful
Old 04-01-2020, 08:59 AM

It's the Flu folks! Granted if you get it, it could be worse but in the big picture... no, not really. Car wrecks and bee/wasp stings are still a far greater killer. Well it was before everyone ran inside scared to death by the media and government.
It's not a disease that hunts you down like some being in a hollywood movie. It's a virus that's spread mostly by being too close to another human. Go into a store if you need to (or if you can find one open lol)
Go for your walks, your bike rides, your cart rides. Find a quiet spot to watch the sunrise or sunset. Bring some food for the wildlife. See someone? Wave and say hi keeping a safe distance.
I've never been afraid of dying, but I get horrified by the thought of not living.

Last edited by nututv; 04-01-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
And stay at least six feet away from anyone who does not live in your house.
How about people that live in your house and are out in public most of the day?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I watch all three cable networks (FOX, MSNBC, CNN) and the medical advice I get from them agrees with the federal leadership, in my opinion.

With their advice and our own common sense, we think we know exactly what to do to avoid getting the virus.
I do not want to make this into a political battle, but to me, it's encouraging (as well as important) that people sample the news from various outlets and persuasions. It allows you to be exposed to many differing opinions, and permits you to make more informed judgements, no matter what the topic.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:34 AM

Trust the doctors and scientists. This is NOT the flu. Dr. Fauci says so himself. Just go to YouTube and type in the search field: "Fauci this is not the flu". You can see him make it crystal clear. COVID-19 is 10x more lethal. Please do not be casual about this. Have your essentials at home. Wash hands and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Practice social distancing. It's a short term inconvenience compared to the alternative. Be safe everyone.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishMvhl View Post
.... COVID-19 is 10x more lethal.
Jury is still out on that one as it's impossible to tell how many have had it and gotten over it.
No one yet has the correct data to figure this out yet.
At current numbers, 10x more lethal is still below 1%.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrooks817 View Post
Perhaps you should have been getting your news from more than 1 source. There are many other media outlets than FOX News.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:56 AM

Proven by whom.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Default https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I am changing direction and taking advice from the medical community. Am I messing up since the medical advice I am hearing the loudest is coming from the media outlets and it is different from the federal leadership. Who’s right! Please don’t think I am being political. I want the best advice for me and my family.
the CDC is your best source:
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | CDC
Old 04-01-2020, 10:28 AM

Listen to the CDC. Go on CDC.gov. These are the medical experts, no political commentary, just the facts.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM

By all means listen to the medical professionals, not the government.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:43 AM

While the networks report their version of the facts, Fox News has the latest medical experts' stats and advice based upon those stats on a daily basis. While the medical experts are "federal" employees, the networks are NOT experts, but think they are. You be the judge!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Default I’m an Emergency Physician. Please listen to our societies, not politicians. Please

I will avoid politics. My job for last 26 years as an ER doc in a academic trauma center is to save lives , teach medical students and residents and be honest with patients . I use evidence-based medicine, not “gut”.
Here’s a document that may help.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1A4EFA10-65D7-40CC-A303-643FD325CE82.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	83416  
Old 04-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
It's the Flu folks! Granted if you get it, it could be worse but in the big picture... no, not really. Car wrecks and bee/wasp stings are still a far greater killer. Well it was before everyone ran inside scared to death by the media and government.
It's not a disease that hunts you down like some being in a hollywood movie. It's a virus that's spread mostly by being too close to another human. Go into a store if you need to (or if you can find one open lol)
Go for your walks, your bike rides, your cart rides. Find a quiet spot to watch the sunrise or sunset. Bring some food for the wildlife. See someone? Wave and say hi keeping a safe distance.
I've never been afraid of dying, but I get horrified by the thought of not living.
It is NOT the flu, unless you are talking about the Spanish Flu.
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, medical, coronavirus, don’t, political

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.