Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

They should shut TOTV Down till this is over
Nothing but drama..What if situations....Misinformation .....Same as Face Book
Old 03-31-2020, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

Gun sales are up and some stores are out of ammunition
Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 AM

Karostay, forgot to mention how awful some post are to people up north. I have read, “the low lives from NY and NJ trying to run down here”. Omg! After September 11 we truly came together as a nation. We need to do this now. This is not the fault of “nautherners”. What this is, is a horrible tragedy going on in our country right now. We are not southerners, northerners, east, west; we are Americans. We need to support each other no matter where we come from. This is a terrible time in our country that won’t get any better by finger pointing and blaming. Many are putting their own lives on the line to help others. Let’s take there example and act like who we were created to be. God bless America and may He have mercy on us and one the whole world. Sorry if that offends anyone, this post is not meant to offend but to unite.

P.S. If you don’t need your stimulus check instead of bragging how well off you are try going to a few of the businesses you frequented before this. Give them a donation. I’m sure they are hurting. Many small businesses will not even be able to open again. Don’t be selfish, be generous and I’m sure you will be paid back in many ways.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Yes, tragic.

I remember how people in Lyme Connecticut were similarly set upon by crazed people upset with Lyme Disease
Wow cant fix stupid
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
Karostay, forgot to mention how awful some post are to people up north. I have read, “the low lives from NY and NJ trying to run down here”. Omg! After September 11 we truly came together as a nation. We need to do this now. This is not the fault of “nautherners”. What this is, is a horrible tragedy going on in our country right now. We are not southerners, northerners, east, west; we are Americans. We need to support each other no matter where we come from. This is a terrible time in our country that won’t get any better by finger pointing and blaming. Many are putting their own lives on the line to help others. Let’s take there example and act like who we were created to be. God bless America and may He have mercy on us and one the whole world. Sorry if that offends anyone, this post is not meant to offend but to unite.

P.S. If you don’t need your stimulus check instead of bragging how well off you are try going to a few of the businesses you frequented before this. Give them a donation. I’m sure they are hurting. Many small businesses will not even be able to open again. Don’t be selfish, be generous and I’m sure you will be paid back in many ways.

No, it’s fault of China and people who traveled there and brought it back.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
An isolated incident does not = "...this country..."
Bingo. Even if there were a few hundred incidents like this, it would be a very small percentage of the country.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
Gun sales are up and some stores are out of ammunition
I'm curious to know ....

Will many people who were "anti-gun" before the Covid crisis change their minds and, after this is over, instead opt to own a firearm??
Old 03-31-2020, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Wow cant fix stupid
You're projecting again
Old 03-31-2020, 09:24 AM

This is the greatest infringement upon freedom without the use of force, at least so far, and will be used again and again by terrorist and governments. The greatest threat to each of us is not the Coronavirus, it is just not!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	0A5710C8-99F7-43DC-8C95-A96B2A614AC6.jpeg
Views:	627
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	83370  
Old 03-31-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis s View Post
Dont understand all thats going on with the Covid-19 and people still calling for service calls because their refrigerator is making too much noise, their dishwasher is not drying properly, their washer is making noise, refrigerator a light is out, all this crazy nonesense. Do you really want a technician that has been to 10 different homes not only in the Villages but all over in your home. By the way any parts going into your appliances is coming most likely from CHINA to include the box. The only service call should be a no cool refrigerator if any..::
Unless the box/parts came from China 3 days ago I can see the concern. 3 days is the lifespan of this virus on cardboard, up to 9 days on stainless, etc.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Do some searches on the internet for Asians being assaulted because of coronovirus. This isn't an insolated incident.
Was that due to the virus...…………….or something someone said?
Old 03-31-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibole View Post
This is the greatest infringement upon freedom without the use of force, at least so far, and will be used again and again by terrorist and governments. The greatest threat to each of us is not the Coronavirus, it is just not!
wow!
Old 03-31-2020, 12:35 PM
Default Suggestion on what to do

Wondering what to do with all the time on your hands? How about researching your ancestry? I've begun to do this and am amazed at all the information I'm finding out about my family, which seems to be quite extensive. Little did I know. Once you get into it, it's very interesting and the time goes by faster than you would think.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Of what value is it to play the blame game now ? If aliens were invading the planet tomorrow with a force larger than any country could defend we the human race would find a way to unite against a common enemy. Other than closing borders for the hope of not letting the virus in (which is obviously too late) should we not help each other out. It's time to be patriotic humans. This virus is a common enemy that knows no borders. I kind of believe there's a wakeup call going on here.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibole View Post
well spoken!

Fred
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, crazy, country, totally, nuts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.