Coronavirus Crazy

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 05:32 PM

I totally understand. You are so right. The only appliance that should need to call a repair men is air conditioner . You should not let anyone in your house. It’s people like that , that don’t help stop this virus. I am shocked at how people act.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:45 PM

Does the Governor’s “advisory” include all the people at LSL sitting outside of City Fire? No social distancing there.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:56 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Does the Governor’s “advisory” include all the people at LSL sitting outside of City Fire? No social distancing there.
It's a stay at home advisory, so yes it would include them also.
Steve
Old 03-31-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
It’s not as bad as the flu. Didn’t you say that.
Do you somehow think that absolves China of responsibility? Cute comment but not on target.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default You better have a badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Unless you;re a bona fide law enforcement officer with jurisdiction, you better not try to block my driveway and prevent me from doing anything..

You people that take your "daily rides" and are self-appointed cops should be arrested for disturbing the peace and inciting riots .. We really don;t need any more pictures of people "congregating" .

If you;re in doubt, MYOFB rules apply.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
Unless you;re a bona fide law enforcement officer with jurisdiction, you better not try to block my driveway and prevent me from doing anything..

You people that take your "daily rides" and are self-appointed cops should be arrested for disturbing the peace and inciting riots .. We really don;t need any more pictures of people "congregating" .

but hard for some to do

Fred
Old 03-31-2020, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Do you somehow think that absolves China of responsibility? Cute comment but not on target.
If it was on purpose or an accident, that is now passed, and after this is over the survivors can examine it more thoroughly. The big issue on this day.. is not how it started but that it is here. We need to deal with that reality now and examine who, if anyone is at fault later. I cannot believe that anyone would endanger the whole human race and especially the carnage that China has had, the deaths they won't admit to. The coffins and urns that have been used. But Germ warfare does exist, and so does nuclear fission, both can backfire and kill us all. I don't want revenge. I want us to survive. Dead people can't do anything about anything.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
An isolated incident does not = "...this country..."
Now, you got admit there are lots of crazies.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
. I cannot believe that anyone would endanger the whole human race and especially the carnage that China has had, the deaths they won't admit to. ...
Yes, I agree that's the hardest part for people to get their arms around. It totally violates our Judeo-Christian norms. But the CCP is an amoral secular, authoritarian dictatorship. It's all about power and money. Plus, if you look at Chinese history, a few thousand or even million casualties are literally a drop in the bucket. Mao was responsible for40-80M deaths which was justified as needed to attain the new Utopian paradise on earth vs in heaven as it were.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post

Actually pictures of congregants are helpful ... took a walk tonite and about 25-30 people were in two different driveway parties. Some were socially distanced ... others (about 1/3) were not.

We all have a right to do stupid things, but not if it endangers others. Some exercise that right much more than others.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Actually pictures of congregants are helpful ... took a walk tonite and about 25-30 people were in two different driveway parties. Some were socially distanced ... others (about 1/3) were not.

We all have a right to do stupid things, but not if it endangers others. Some exercise that right much more than others.
Helpful in what way … curious minds want to know? These folks in the second group that you mention might be harming only themselves; what do you care? Just keep your distance. If they're too cavalier and they all catch Corona (highly unlikely) and perish, then Darwin's theory of Natural Selection has, once again, come to play - what do you care … not your concern.

Fred
Old 04-02-2020, 05:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffresh View Post
Helpful in what way … curious minds want to know? These folks in the second group that you mention might be harming only themselves; what do you care? Just keep your distance. If they're too cavalier and they all catch Corona (highly unlikely) and perish, then Darwin's theory of Natural Selection has, once again, come to play - what do you care … not your concern.

Fred
Fred. I agree a lot of people like to preach at others what they already know. But I too will do it anyway, and believe me, I too have thought of natural selection a time or two.....until it reached the part about the weak and old....

Anyway. Because anyone who is so dumb to catch it by being careless, endangers a whole lot of other people who are trying not to catch it and protect the people that they like. Some people like a whole big bunch of people, Fred. I like people I don't even know, like the first responders and the doctors and nurses and the...…...never mind. I bet if I knew YOU Fred, I wouldn't want you to catch it. I bet if I knew you Fred, I would like you.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffresh View Post

Fred
Not to be too technical, but natural selection does not come into play here, since just about everyone is beyond reproductive age. "Stupid is as stupid does" probably fits better.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, crazy, country, totally, nuts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.