Coronavirus testing

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2020, 08:48 AM

We were planning on coming home for spring break. Are the pools closed yet?
Old 03-16-2020, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

It was on Fox 35 news Friday, it appears to be run by Premier Medical at Spanish Springs. Here's the story they broadcast.

Drive-thru coronavirus test site to open in The Villages | FOX 35 Orlando
Old 03-16-2020, 08:51 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.patrick View Post
We were planning on coming home for spring break. Are the pools closed yet?

open
Old 03-16-2020, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Opinion.
What would you have done different?
I would have left the folks in place that had a specific job to stay ahead of the curve on ANY such pandemic, anywhere in the world and work directly with WHO on helping diagnostics and testing and vaccine. They were the Pandemic Response Team who were experts in the field. Their priority was the USA and stopping potential terrorist attacks using germs

I would have heeded the calls to reinstate the group that came when it was found to be disbanded.

I would have stopped the FDA slowing of the testing procedure which required a phone call and a signature. Delay then would have been HOURS not what it appears it has been.

Stop the virus ? NO....but we would be a good six to eight weeks ahead of this thing which is what we are being told is the minimum we are behind.

Just me though

That is for later.......it is here and it is vast and very dangerouls.

Stay safe
Old 03-16-2020, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Why test if you have no symptoms?
Just because you test clear today, does not mean you will not be infected tomorrow.
Exactly !!

My understanding is that this testing is not to going be a “come whenever you please “ affair .

You will need to be pre-screened to get your provider to give you an order for testing .... my suspicion is that if one does not have the symptoms, no test will be ordered/approved ..... and rightfully so .....

Or , the test could be contingent on how many rolls of toilet paper you’ve hoarded !!!!
Old 03-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I would have left the folks in place that had a specific job to stay ahead of the curve on ANY such pandemic, anywhere in the world and work directly with WHO on helping diagnostics and testing and vaccine. They were the Pandemic Response Team who were experts in the field. Their priority was the USA and stopping potential terrorist attacks using germs

I would have heeded the calls to reinstate the group that came when it was found to be disbanded.

I would have stopped the FDA slowing of the testing procedure which required a phone call and a signature. Delay then would have been HOURS not what it appears it has been.

Stop the virus ? NO....but we would be a good six to eight weeks ahead of this thing which is what we are being told is the minimum we are behind.

Just me though

That is for later.......it is here and it is vast and very dangerouls.

Stay safe
Makes a lot of sense, but.....

We did put together a coronavirus task force.

We are working with the WHO, CDC, and state and local health departments

And the FDA is slowed by government over-regulation, and we all know the groups that advocate THAT

8 weeks ago was when the first reports came out of China, so it would be hard to be 8 weeks ahead of where we are no matter what we did.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:

And the FDA is slowed by government over-regulation, and we all know the groups that advocate THAT

8 weeks ago was when the first reports came out of China, so it would be hard to be 8 weeks ahead of where we are no matter what we did.

The World Health Organization offered working tests to the USA while the CDC was trying to make their own tests workable (which they were not at that time, in February). The administration refused them. That one thing right there is one of the significant slow-downs to the USA response to this virus.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:

First case was actually end of November and early December, but that has got to be put on the back burner.

There will be investigation similar to 9/11 investigation because "something" was amiss in our country. US cooperation with WHO was late also, but as I say.....time to see who did what and who did not. Right now, we have a looming emergency in our country and frankly the amount of time behind is an issue for sure......best I have heard is 4 weeks which in this case if a lot.

The government regulation could have been solved in less than one business day

Stay safe is all we should be concerned with.....those issues are public record and will be resolved.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The World Health Organization offered working tests to the USA while the CDC was trying to make their own tests workable (which they were not at that time, in February). The administration refused them. That one thing right there is one of the significant slow-downs to the USA response to this virus.
That is what I mean when I say we just did not work with them at all, and their tests have worked where used.

"US cooperation with WHO was late also"

Quoting a forensic scientist today on Twitter"..

"The decision to not accept the testing kits from the World Health Organization in early February after 60 countries had done so will prove to be a deadly mistake on an order of magnitude that we probably can’t even imagine."

Last edited by Bucco; 03-16-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Let's all abide by the rules/guidelines for processing to keep it working effectively in The Villages.

One would only hope
Old 03-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
That is what I mean when I say we just did not work with them at all, and their tests have worked where used.
Which would have been a great idea that I fully support. My question whether or not some government regulation prevented the US from accepting WHO test kits? And I don't think you can change a government regulation in a day (or a week or a month), the bureaucrats hate to drop even 1 of their "rules"
Old 03-16-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Which would have been a great idea that I fully support. My question whether or not some government regulation prevented the US from accepting WHO test kits? And I don't think you can change a government regulation in a day (or a week or a month), the bureaucrats hate to drop even 1 of their "rules"
NO, it was not.

In cases of co ordination between bureaus within the country and other international bureaus you need qualified bureaucrats and organizations set up to handle JUST THAT.

The Pandemic Response Team was set up to do just that.....coordinate and move quickly. It works
Old 03-16-2020, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoug49 View Post
I was in Korea a month ago, this virus is coming and coming hard to America
Why were you in Korea? Just asking.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Will all be discussed when this horrible thing is over, but I assure you that ONE single executive order would have done it.

I said phone call and from my experience that is all it would have taken,,,,but I am not involved so ......it will be talked about.

Now, we have to get good testing done and folks need to know when in order to calm down. The main criteria for testing is age and temp, and in The Villages, most will meet the age minimum.

So many roll outs discussed and so few tested,

but let us hope that out of this terrible situation, we establish once again HOW to handle and simply do it. Bureaucrats are not bad people......they turn the wheels and are vital in any large government, or corporation.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:56 AM

I saw tents in the hospital parking lot this morning. Could this be for the drive thru testing?
Closed Thread

Tags
article, testing, coronavirus, drive, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.