Cost of adding a birdcage?

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
Anyone have a birdcage added recently? I have noticed some of the new Patio Villas have nice birdcages on the side of the house. I was wondering if anyone knew the price per square foot roughly?
I had mine installed by Brian terry aluminum good work good price
Old 04-11-2020, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Nightmare to keep clean
Old 04-11-2020, 06:53 AM

I used Brian Terry Vinyl & Aluminum Inc. to add a 19'X 24' Birdcage onto our Lanai. We received 3 bids and we were glad we decided to use them. We used a heavier gauge screen for the top and for the West side of the screen for extra protection. There were no surprises. The job was completed within the time frame we were promised, as well as the price. Out the door cost was $8900. I would recommend them. Call Brian at 352/461-0503.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:53 AM

We have a patio birdcage we love it. It keeps furniture in place and allows our dogs to sit outside and enjoy the day or night without running loose. Believe it or not it does add some degree of sun filtering. It’s awesome!
Old 04-11-2020, 07:04 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy134 View Post
I used Brian Terry Vinyl & Aluminum Inc. to add a 19'X 24' Birdcage onto our Lanai. We received 3 bids and we were glad we decided to use them. We used a heavier gauge screen for the top and for the West side of the screen for extra protection. There were no surprises. The job was completed within the time frame we were promised, as well as the price. Out the door cost was $8900. I would recommend them. Call Brian at 352/461-0503.
You sound very happy with all aspects of your choice. When was this work done? I only ask because this week they gave us a quote which was for a 16x22 birdcage which was double your price. We wanted ours to have the floor textured and painted plus we added floor drains. Was your price including all site prep? Sod removal, irrigation removal and replacement? I'm just curious.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:08 AM

No not recently, but be sure to ask for 20/20 screen when you buy. It costs a little more but keeps the "no see ems" out. The "no see ems" are those tiny little biting critters that we can NOT see.... T & D does a very nice job.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

I’m interested in replacing the screening on my birdcage with tinted screening to keep out a lot of the sun and UV light. Is that a good move? (It faces due West.) Do I need a permit from the ARC to have that done?
Old 04-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I don't know the SF, but my neighbor had one put on his CYV about 5 years ago and it was $9300 from T&D. He had the 2 sliding doors removed plus the door frames from the old lanai section, it gives a much cleaner and more professional look. He had them install it with the tinted screen, makes a big difference on a sunny day, you can take your sunglasses off. It's bigger than it looks, he has a big hot tub, a good size water fall and pond and a lot of tables and chairs. Here it is from an overhead view. That did not include the concrete pad you'll have to add.

The Villages Florida
If that’s google earth picture you can actually measure the bird cage, back yard, you’re house, or you plot or land. you also measure how far from any distance with google tools to left using the icon they looks like tape measure. Click on it, bullseye come on screen, move it where you want it and click. No move in direction you want to measure and click. Measures down to feet, yards, miles.

I measured from my house to pad 39. 89.4 miles by way the crow flys ( straight line) when I watch rocket launches I wanted to know how many miles. You can also measure outside of you’re house to figure square footage.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 AM

We wanted to extend our lanai so recently had T&D install a 5‘ x 25‘ birdcage. Cost was $9300 including concrete, (including additional 5 x 25 pad outside the birdcage along the back of the house for room to grill), rerouting sprinklers and paint/textured floor. Also had Sunshine Awnings install a sunbrella canvas cover over the birdcage for $2,100. It works perfectly to keep the rain out
Old 04-11-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvercane View Post
One of the most useless additions to your house. You have to have some kind of roof covering or you can't sit in it 7 months out of the year. Cost return on the investment is almost a negative number
Not true, the shade is in different places throughout the year, also, you can simply add "patio sail cloth" to any area you choose. Available in many colors, Amazon, etc.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Default Hardware upgrade

I can’t help you with the cost of a new birdcage but if I were doing it again I might go the extra mile use stainless steel hardware. Mine is 16yo and the screws are bleeding and rotting.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFORSBERG View Post
Can I ask what company did the birdcage and what exactly is ‘pet screen’ as that’s what I want one for, our pets! Thanks and have a great Easter ������
Our first birdcage was done by Brian Terry Vinyl (BTV), and I wish I had gone with them on our 2nd. They were fantastic - no subs, they do all the work themselves. They put you in a queue, so you may have to wait, but once they started they were done in a week including concrete and cage.

Our 2nd one I went with Kilcrease construction because BTV had a 1 year wait list and I couldn't wait that long. Kilcrease used all subs, the concrete was the worst I've ever seen, and it took forever. Luckily, his cage guy was extremely good, and we decided to install a pool the next year, so we covered up all the crappy 1,300 sq ft of concrete with a pool and pavers.

Even if BTV has a wait list, I would get an estimate. They were considerably lower than all the other companies I got an estimate from (T&D, Whites, and another I can't remember), and the work was fantastic!

The pet screen is worth every penny. We have 2 Maine Coons, 22 lbs each. They tear up regular screen chasing lizards and birds... the pet screen has yet to tear in the last 3 years.

For what it's worth, we added the Sunshine Screens canvas top to 3/4 of our 1,300 sq ft birdcage. It's fantastic. Keeps us shaded and out of the rain during the summer and inclement weather - we can use the cage year round... and we do!
Old 04-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Petscreen is much harder to rip if you have cats or dogs . thicker wire .
Old 04-11-2020, 08:14 AM

Hi Sandy, Do you have a picture of that? And did you mean T & D ? Never heard of D & D.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:18 AM

We just got two quotes from US Aluminum and Advance Aluminum and they both were around $7-$8 a sq foot.
Closed Thread

Tags
birdcage, wondering, cost, knew, price

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.