Cost of adding a birdcage?

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2020, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvercane View Post
One of the most useless additions to your house. You have to have some kind of roof covering or you can't sit in it 7 months out of the year. Cost return on the investment is almost a negative number
Depends on which way it’s facing. We just moved into a house with a bird cage which is facing North. Except for the early morning sun we always have a lot of shade. Love sitting on it any time of the day.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:22 AM

My Siamese cats want the bird cage. They have taken over the lanai. The birds will appreciate it too.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:18 AM

Brian Terry just completed ours last month. Cost including site prep, electric & lighting, textured/painted concrete, drains, cage with 2 doors & pads, and 50/50 screen up top was just under $33 per s.f.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:47 AM

I live in a courtyard Villa just off canal Street. I built a pool and I'm two car garage onto my courtyard Villa about 6 years ago. Everything is irregular shape notches out for the existing Lanai, elevated platform two steps high on one end. Irregular shaped, tapered no straight sides angles to fit the lot. Approximately 1500 square feet. This was done by a 3-man crew who were excellent. They spent the dollar or two measuring getting elevations took a lot of notes on a notepad. One guy cut all material on the back side of my house the other two erected everything only had one bad fit cut and the whole project, which was easily corrected. Only one mistake and all the angle cuts and miters and this entire job is above and beyond perfect. The job included super gutters and downspouts 2 doors. Concrete was already in because of the pool and decking. So just included all aluminum stainless fasteners screen cloth material and labor $7,500. Completed the project in one day.
The contractor was Jody Wilson construction, just south of Ocala on highway 441 27.
This was 6 years ago and it's still perfect.
There is not a square corner in the entire job there is numerous steps up and elevation over water falls down steps over an elevated platform. 16'x 8' notch out of one corner for Lanai roof. Whole job is irregular shaped. I would recommend the bronze color ,far less maintenance than the white as I said this only included the screen materials and labor, concrete already in place. I had t&d did this entire job and they were way over the top. They are good but very expensive as compared to others. I had other bids and I didn't take the cheapest bid I took the best after checking their work and references.
Needless to say I'm extremely happy with their quality and workmanship give them a check when they left the job.they had a warranty with their workmanship and materials I don't remember what it was didn't need it the job is perfect. They were on time, on schedule, and the price was the price not a penny more not a penny less.
Check them out at least get a price. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and quite happy.I sound like a salesman for them, I am that happy with their work, and I was in construction for almost 50 years.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:48 AM
Default Cost of birdcage

I don't remember the price, but I highly recommend T&D.
They poured the concrete addition we wanted, tore down the old cage and constructed a new larger one. I recommend black framing, as it is easier to clean.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:38 PM

I used Magellan and had a birdcage put up about 4 years ago at the cost of about 6k. It is about 14foot square. I shopped and got 4 estimates before going with them, and didn’t go just for price, it was 1st impression. My sisters just moved in and had MAgellan do a 35ft by roughly 12 ft half covered screened pergola which is awesome as well as other half birdcage and all Electric, concrete, screen fans etc at about 17k. Their staff and workforce are awesome!
Old 04-11-2020, 12:56 PM

If you have a birdcage with a door that completely seals it off from the rest of the house, would a garden hose with a sprayer be an effective way to keep it clean?
Old 04-11-2020, 01:27 PM

I got three bids the high bid was over $5,000 the lowest was $2,900 some say don't go with the lowest bid well I did. The work was done professionally and in a couple days. The workers address any concerns I had. When the inspector came out he said they did a good job, and paid attention to details. The company name was, Windows of Central Florida. Good luck with your project.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
I got three bids the high bid was over $5,000 the lowest was $2,900 some say don't go with the lowest bid well I did. The work was done professionally and in a couple days. The workers address any concerns I had. When the inspector came out he said they did a good job, and paid attention to details. The company name was, Windows of Central Florida. Good luck with your project.
How big is it? Thanks
Old 04-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I see Brian Terry's name mentioned 4 or 5 times, I remember this subject was brought up a couple of years ago and his name was also mentioned several times back then. I bookmarked his website for future reference.

Brian Terry Vinyl & Aluminum - Home
Old 04-11-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I don't know the SF, but my neighbor had one put on his CYV about 5 years ago and it was $9300 from T&D.

The Villages Florida
Link for T & D? There are a few businesses out there with that business name.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Mitten View Post
Link for T & D? There are a few businesses out there with that business name.
T&D I thought everybody knew them, they're the company that does the new homes for TV.

T&D Screen Enclosures | Home & Pool Experts

T&D Pool & Spa Construction - Serving The Villages and Sumter CountyT&D Pool & Spa Construction

Their business centers are in Wildwood, they have a couple of retail stores for pool supplies, one on 466 near Walgreens and one in Colony Shopping Center.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Veteran member

T&D was twice the price of Brian Terry Vinyl for the same size cage.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:10 PM
Default who is TV contractor that did the 1300 sq ft project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
I have had two birdcages installed over the past 3 years - one at my old home just prior to moving to my new one (it was 450 sq ft), and another when we moved to the new home (1,300 sq ft).

Surprisingly, both cages came out at $22-$23 per sq ft. Both had pet screen, so that was an upcharge.
who is TV contractor that did the 1300 sq ft project?
Old 07-06-2020, 04:42 PM

Which company installed your pergola?
Closed Thread

Tags
birdcage, wondering, cost, knew, price

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.