Pros And Cons Of Proposed Constitutional Amendments

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Pros And Cons Of Proposed Constitutional Amendments

Reading the pros and cons of the eight proposed amendments to the Florida Constitution is helpful in making a voting decision. The information in this link is very helpful. In addition to interpreting the legal gobbledegook, it lists those parties supporting each amendment and those opposing it and how much money has been spent by each party in trying to influence the vote on each proposed amendment. This is well worth the few minutes to read before going into the voting booth.

Here's the link...

Proposed Florida Constitutional Amendments pros and cons
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Sage

Thanks, VK. I'll bookmark the link before this thread is removed.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Reading the pros and cons of the eight proposed amendments to the Florida Constitution is helpful in making a voting decision. The information in this link is very helpful. In addition to interpreting the legal gobbledegook, it lists those parties supporting each amendment and those opposing it and how much money has been spent by each party in trying to influence the vote on each proposed amendment. This is well worth the few minutes to read before going into the voting booth.

Here's the link...

The link given does not contain the 2012 Forida State Amendments. I don't know from what year they are from, possible 2011, or even if they're statewide. Anyway, here is a link for the official copy of the Amendments without pro or con views. If you want that kind of information, you'll have to find it on your own:

2012 Proposed Constitutional Amendments - Florida Division of Elections - Department of State
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
The link given does not contain the 2012 Forida State Amendments. I don't know from what year they are from, possible 2011, or even if they're statewide. Anyway, here is a link for the official copy of the Amendments without pro or con views. If you want that kind of information, you'll have to find it on your own:

2012 Proposed Constitutional Amendments - Florida Division of Elections - Department of State
Try the Florida League of Women Voters web site
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post

Here's the link...

I think you have the wrong year!!!!???????????
Old 11-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default Here's a good link.

ConRevFlorida

From my research the FL League of Women Voters Constitutional Amendment guide gives recommendations as to how to vote on these Amendments. Goes a little too far for me for just giving voters information to make up their own minds. http://conrevflorida.org/category/2012amendments/

Here's a link to the FL League of Women Voters Constitutional Amendment information. There's a download on the site about these Amendments. http://thefloridavoter.org/
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
ConRevFlorida

From my research the FL League of Women Voters Constitutional Amendment guide gives recommendations as to how to vote on these Amendments. Goes a little too far for me fof just giving voters information to make up their own minds. ConRevFlorida

Here's a link to the FL League of Women Voters Constitutional Amendment information.
Tal: Spot on. I googled and found several sites that ofered explanations and pro and cons but did not offer a recommendation.

I voted early last Saturday and had my sample ballot completed making voting a lead pipe cinch
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
TOTV Moderator

We were hoping this thread would remain informational, non political and non partisan. Not to be.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.