Costco

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
O.K. this is real information: two weeks ago during our regular Costco visit I tried to post that 2 different employees told us that Costco is looking for property in Ocala (probably near a freeway as usual). A manager said that 50% of the work force need to be local residents and 50% are transferred in to train on the spot so things run smoothly.
That is really the latest info. direct from the Lutz Costco.
Looking for property sites is a basic step but it doesn't
That's the same old news going around here for years if you search the millions of Costco posts that turn up every time a new person moves in. EMPLOYEES have no official information. That being said, Ocala would make a lot more sense than here **IF** there was an actual plan in this part of the state.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Putting a Costco here, in my opinion, won't greatly impact their profitability since everyone that loves Costco seems to be driving to their locations. Why build a store here when their customers are going to them any way. Now, start dropping memberships and if it's significant, might get their attention.
Same could be said for Sam's Club with stores as little as an hour away.
However they saw fit to build here. I would bet that there was no significant effect on incremental sales from TV residents.
Plus they pick up additional sales from those who would not travel an hour.

I would also bet that the decision making "required" demographics of Sam's Club is not much different than Costco.

Costco just has not found the right location.....YET!
Old 01-28-2020, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Same could be said for Sam's Club with stores as little as an hour away.
However they saw fit to build here. I would bet that there was no significant effect on incremental sales from TV residents.
Plus they pick up additional sales from those who would not travel an hour.

I would also bet that the decision making "required" demographics of Sam's Club is not much different than Costco.

Costco just has not found the right location.....YET!
I think you will find that Sam's Club's are also paired in markets with Walmart while Costco is a stand a lone entity. I'm sure there is an incestuous relationship since Walmart sells many of the same food products so not sure I agree that their business models are similar or that the financials of Walmart Corp are dependent on Sam's. Costco is definitely a much larger company as compared to Sam's, and Sam's has been closing stores while Costco has been opening stores. So not sure agree their decision making strategies are similar.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-28-2020, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I think you will find that Sam's Club's are also paired in markets with Walmart while Costco is a stand a lone entity. I'm sure there is an incestuous relationship since Walmart sells many of the same food products so not sure I agree that their business models are similar or that the financials of Walmart Corp are dependent on Sam's. Costco is definitely a much larger company as compared to Sam's, and Sam's has been closing stores while Costco has been opening stores. So not sure agree their decision making strategies are similar.
Not quite a year old article but not much if anything has changed:

Costco vs. Sam's Club: What's the Difference?
Old 01-28-2020, 10:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Not quite a year old article but not much if anything has changed:

Costco vs. Sam's Club: What's the Difference?
From the same link.

Walmart will never be Costco )click here)

Quote:
Customers are loyal to Costco because they get quality products and good prices. Walmart is trying to gain customer loyalty through gimmicky experiments instead of providing customers what they really want.

Since Walmart’s raised its entry-level wage to $9 in 2015, reports have emerged from employees that the increases have done little to improve their quality of life. Stories of higher wages resulting in fewer hours and a lack of employee benefits for not-quite-full-time employees are commonplace on the internet.

Contrast that to the way Costco treats its workers. The average wage at Costco is over $20 per hour and most employees are covered by the company’s benefits plan. Costly employee turnover is minimal and staff are uber-productive and promoted from within.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage

Don't you get it yet people ?? No matter how many times you call, e-mail, post or otherwise contact the company, The demographic is still wrong in this area. It's not just numbers of people, but their ages. Don't know if you've noticed, but there's a lot of old people around here. That's not who spends the most money.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Don't you get it yet people ?? No matter how many times you call, e-mail, post or otherwise contact the company, The demographic is still wrong in this area. It's not just numbers of people, but their ages. Don't know if you've noticed, but there's a lot of old people around here. That's not who spends the most money.
Right on the money (pun intended) If I could have added 12 "thumbs up" I would. That is the:

Old 01-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
A yes and no comment.
Yes there are a lot of old(er people.
No to that's not who spends the most money....yes a percentage does not....the majority does.

Anyway...like Sam's Club, Costco would not locate within TV. They would be looking at land that has a more than TV draw. Which is anyplace 5-10 or more miles away!!
Old 01-30-2020, 04:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Really? I thought all standard toilet paper is 4" in width. But, it isn't Charmin.
If it isn't Charmin, I'm not going.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnybugs View Post
We've been trying to get a Costco to come to TV for years. Today I got on their web page and scrolled down to the bottom to Customer Service where you could do a live chat for suggestions. I suggested a Costco to come here, and that The Villages is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the U.S. I was asked for my zip code. I was then told they would send that request to the regional manager. If a lot of Villagers would do this, we might get their attention.
I heard that Costco has decided that the demand for a store in or near TV is so great that they will partner with the Morse family to build a monorail to the one near Millenia Mall in Orlando. That's the only way we get one. Folks, Costco is not coming to TV. We do not meet or even approach meeting their sales marketing demographics plan for a store. Forget it and make a 50 minute drive each month like we do. Go to Park Avenue in Winter Park following and have a nice lunch in one of the upscale eatery's.
Closed Thread

Tags
costco, u.s, code, asked, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.