Costco coming?

Costco coming?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Costco
Old 06-25-2018, 12:10 AM

Default Costco

iT SOUNDS AS IF THEY CONSIDER US A SEASONAL POPULATION. I LIE HERE YEAR ROUND AS DO MANY, MANY PEOPLE. IF SAMS IS SHOPPED ENOUGH TO KEEP THEM OPEN I WOULD THINK COSTCO WOULD BE ALSO. NOW IF WE CAN JUST GET A TRADER JOES!

You Never Know
Old 06-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Platinum member

Talking You Never Know

You never know who knows what's going on. It may be the clerk in the office etc. I remember that one time the rumor was flying around that we were going to get stock options. It ended up true. The source was the shoe shine guy in Corporate as he overheard it from one of the VP's who got his shoes shined every morning. The shoe shine guy passed it on to us. The message is it may be a clerk in Costco. WHO KNOWS?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

There's a Costco in Orlando, that's seasonal.

I can't wait for a Costco, at my age I don't buy green bananas.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My wife and I just got back from an Alaskan cruise and land tour and were surprised that both Juneau (1 location) and Anchorage (2 locations) have Costcos when both of them have populations smaller than The Villages, even in the summer months.
Yes, Juneau is smaller than The Villages. In 2016 it had only 32,000 residents. But Anchorage is more than twice the size of The Villages. 2016 population 298,192.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My wife and I just got back from an Alaskan cruise and land tour and were surprised that both Juneau (1 location) and Anchorage (2 locations) have Costcos when both of them have populations smaller than The Villages, even in the summer months. I'm also sure that the average household income in both cities is well below that of The Villages. That said, I've heard that Sam's Club here has an issue with The Villages in that Villages tend not to buy much in the way of their larger ticket items. Maybe it really isn't that profitable for warehouse clubs to operate here. Given Costcos record of success, I imagine they have good enough reasons for not coming here, at least not yet.
Hard to believe when the local Sams opened a new meat area that serves $35 a pound meats, much better sea food and Definitely improved their fine wine selections. They would not be in business if someone was buying this stuff...good for them!!
Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Hard to believe when the local Sams opened a new meat area that serves $35 a pound meats, much better sea food and Definitely improved their fine wine selections. They would not be in business if someone was buying this stuff...good for them!!

Considering SAM's club is closing 63 stores this year (Is your Sam's Club closing? Here's the list) and Costco none that might explain why Costco is so successful and so very selective on where they open stores and better at doing it. I'd love to see a Costco here (or even in OCALA) but not keeping my hopes up high. Same for Trader Joe's.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
There's a Costco in Orlando, that's seasonal.
I can't wait for a Costco, at my age I don't buy green bananas.
The Orlando metro area has a population of 2.4 mill. I believe that’s a bit more than TV. Sam’s has a different matrix when selecting locations, hence the reason so many are closing. I’m sure we’ll eventually see a Costco in TV vicinity. Sooner rather than later would be ok with me, but they didn’t ask my opinion
Sams
Old 06-25-2018, 12:16 PM

Default Sams

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Considering SAM's club is closing 63 stores this year (Is your Sam's Club closing? Here's the list) and Costco none that might explain why Costco is so successful and so very selective on where they open stores and better at doing it. I'd love to see a Costco here (or even in OCALA) but not keeping my hopes up high. Same for Trader Joe's.
Sams club is Walmart with better meat.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:03 PM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; The Village of Hadley

What is Sam’s lacking that Costco would provide?
Old 06-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
What is Sam’s lacking that Costco would provide?

Very little.

Consumer Reporters Costco vs. Sam's Club review - Business Insider

Costco vs. Sam's Club Review and Price Comparison | Cheapism