Costco, Sam's Club or BJ's - POLL

View Poll Results: All are the same distance from your home and you can only shop at one...which is it?
Costco 95 69.34%
Sam's Club 25 18.25%
BJ's 17 12.41%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Given right at 4 to 1 over Sam's Club (currently)...I think you're correct.
4 to 1 also applies (actually more like 5:1) to the number of people who viewed the thread vs those who cared enough to vote. I'm in the larger group.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
4 to 1 also applies (actually more like 5:1) to the number of people who viewed the thread vs those who cared enough to vote. I'm in the larger group.
Ummm, you either don't understand (or are ignoring)...one important fact.

You can only vote once, but that doesn't stop a person who has already voted...from viewing the thread multiple times.

In other words, one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Ummm, you either don't understand (or are ignoring)...one important fact.

You can only vote once, but that doesn't stop a person who has already voted...from viewing the thread multiple times. have anything to do with the other.
Really? I just clicked on the post five times. Then I exited TOTV, logged back in and clicked another few times. The number of views never changed....cookies. In fact, your quoted post did not change the number of views.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I love Costco's private label/brand Kirklands. They decided, years ago, that the wanted to be a premium brand. The Kirkland's vodka is made by Grey Goose, the Kirkland Bacon won top taste award by Consumer Reports, Kirkland olive oil receives consistently high marks in controlled taste tests, their coffee is great, etc, etc. Below is an interesting article about their top 15 products:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/savin...siders-know/#2
I agree. I have never bought a Kirkland product that was not top quality. If you are unhappy with any purchase they give you a refund without question. I have never been in a BJs so I have no opinion. Sam's mirrors their corporate image. Many are closing.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Really? I just clicked on the post five times. Then I exited TOTV, logged back in and clicked another few times. The number of views never changed....cookies. In fact, your quoted post did not change the number of views.
View counts update every hour not each time someone posts.

To keep on topic, Costco is top notch in every way from my experience. If they came to TV, I would bet that Sam's club would see a serious decline in membership.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

None of the above - just go to Walmart.... pay a fee to shop? Really? How much do you buy?
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
None of the above - just go to Walmart.... pay a fee to shop? Really? How much do you buy?
A better question would be... "how much can you save?"

The answer for me (and about 90 million others around the world) is... "a lot more than the cost to join."

Costco Membership (poke here)
Quote:

This statistic presents the number of Costco members worldwide from 2014 to 2017. For the 53 weeks ended on September 3, 2017, there were approximately 90.3 million Costco cardholders all over the world.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

It’s just a personal choice. We shop Costco and Sam’s .I’ve never been to BJ’s not one available where we have resided.
I don’t really think it’s a big deal for us I really don’t see a storage problem for us considering that most of what we buy at either Sam’s or Cosco comes in a two pack. So two packs of cereal, two bottles of dressing, that I would normally use anyway. savings for us is roughly about 35%. I have an app for what the cost is on trending products that we used.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Closest to home here in my town in CT is BJ's, so that's where I go for big-box shopping. Since it's just me and hubby, I don't go often. Mostly just to get kitty litter and Breathe-Right strips, and shampoo/conditioner. I get water, toilet paper, and paper towels cheaper at Staples because I'm an employee (discount) and benefit from the ink recycling program (rewards store credit). Bulk salad ingredients would get thrown out by the end of the week. Bulk meat would need to be frozen, plus the local supermarket is only 3 blocks from home and I can pick out a nice chunk of chuckroast and they'll grind it for me while I'm in the aisles tossing coffee by the pound (at buy 1 get 2 free) into my cart.

If we could get smaller quantities of "things that can go stale" I'd get more stuff there. But I have zero interest in wasting space in my freezer with a loaf of over-processed bread, and 2 POUNDS of cereal would feed the bugs more efficiently than it'll feed us.

BJ's is great for families where at least one person cooks almost every night for the whole family. It's great for people who entertain often and need to buy in bulk. It's terrific for large families. But it just isn't very useful for a child-free couple, where one is home and the other only gets 15-minute snack breaks at work (thereby negating the need for leftovers).

If I lived in a community like the Villages I'd probably want to find a neighbor who shares similar tastebuds, and do bulk shopping and split everything in half. I think that way we'd be more likely to save money, and throw out less.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage

The biggest surprise for me in this poll, is that those who chose BJ's...is more than half of those who picked Sam's Club.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I like Sam’s. Had a Costco and a Sam’s within five miles in California. I found Sam’s had better meat, fresher produce and GASP better customer service. Not thrilled with customer service here but it’s passable. So, I’ll stick with my Sam’s vote.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Sage

It looks like Costco is still the choice...with 70% of the votes.
Closed Thread

Tags
costco, home, distance, shop, popcorn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.