This could be the day!!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Veteran member

I bought St. Joseph online! Just writing that statement seems very weird, but I'm hoping it works! Just google St. Joseph; he came in a few days.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
I bought St. Joseph online! Just writing that statement seems very weird, but I'm hoping it works! Just google St. Joseph; he came in a few days.
Did you buy the pre-blessed on line version?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ours went on line today.

No showings yet. We have to harness up our cats and take them with us during showings....and their....litter box. How fun!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Gold member

We decided today to take the house off the market and keep it as a rental. We have a beautiful new house waiting for us in TV and we are just going to finish packing up and leave! It might have been wiser to wait to buy there until after we sold here, but what the heck, we saw a house we loved and bit the bullet. We have a beautiful 5 bedroom house on 5 acres and not a nibble and we priced it on the lower end of the scale. Our agent said it could take over a year to sell...the market here is almost non exsistent. There is no way we can finish packing up and keep it in pristine showable condition at the same time. It looks like a bomb exploded...boxes and packing material in every room.
Never realized how much stuff we had that we never used and did not need. The same story as everyone has!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
We decided today to take the house off the market and keep it as a rental. We have a beautiful new house waiting for us in TV and we are just going to finish packing up and leave! It might have been wiser to wait to buy there until after we sold here, but what the heck, we saw a house we loved and bit the bullet. We have a beautiful 5 bedroom house on 5 acres and not a nibble and we priced it on the lower end of the scale. Our agent said it could take over a year to sell...the market here is almost non exsistent. There is no way we can finish packing up and keep it in pristine showable condition at the same time. It looks like a bomb exploded...boxes and packing material in every room.
Never realized how much stuff we had that we never used and did not need. The same story as everyone has!
Yayyyyyyy!!!
Does that mean I'll get you here
SOONER??? Waaahoooo!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
we also had a showing this evening 5:45 - 6:45 - house on market on Monday - I haven't been able to find St. Joseph, seems he's in demand around here - the last store I went to promised by Monday of next week - Prayers lifted up on your behalf - please do the same for us, as well as others who are trying to make their way to TV!!!
I ordered my St Joe's from amazon.com.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage

My showing on Wednesday yielded the comment, "Client liked the unit but it was a wee bit small but he may come back for another look".

I will call real estate agent today to see if it possible to get a clarification.

Any members thoughts on what this means would be appreciated.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Hello? Is anyone out there???

We've had our house on the market for five weeks and have had no showings. Zero. No calls according to the realtor. We've had lots of gawkers that drive past the house slowly and look, but no one had asked to see the inside.

Ours is above the average sale price and those are hard sells in the local market.

Someday someone will see it and say "That's IT. That's the house I want!" Until then, we dream of what will be and enjoy the Maine summer!

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
We've had our house on the market for five weeks and have had no showings. Zero. No calls according to the realtor. We've had lots of gawkers that drive past the house slowly and look, but no one had asked to see the inside.

Ours is above the average sale price and those are hard sells in the local market.

Someday someone will see it and say "That's IT. That's the house I want!" Until then, we dream of what will be and enjoy the Maine summer!
Dirigo:

I feel your pain as this was happening to me for a while but I love your outlook.

I'm still waiting for my buyer.

It only takes one.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Dirigo:

I feel your pain as this was happening to me for a while but I love your outlook.

I'm still waiting for my buyer.

It only takes one.
Thanks 2BNTV...Let's share a virtual bottle of wine and console each other...

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 05-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES! Our realtor just called. We have a showing at 12:15 tomorrow!

Gotta mow the lawn when I get home and straighten up a few things in the den, but other than that we're ready to show! And our handyman just, and I mean JUST replaced a piece of vinyl siding yesterday. What timing !

Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES! Our realtor just called. We have a showing at 12:15 tomorrow!

Gotta mow the lawn when I get home and straighten up a few things in the den, but other than that we're ready to show! And our handyman just, and I mean JUST replaced a piece of vinyl siding yesterday. What timing !
Good for you. I hope it goes well and your get an offer!!!!!!!

Down in the dumps one minute and then on cloud nine.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=Dirigo;357479]STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES! Our realtor just called. We have a showing at 12:15 tomorrow!

Gotta mow the lawn when I get home and straighten up a few things in the den, but other than that we're ready to show! And our handyman just, and I mean JUST replaced

I am so happy for you. My hub and I really prayed everyday to St.Joseph. Not only for us but for the folks who would buy our home.

To everyone who posted I am sending positive happy thoughts your way. For us we had it priced to sell, staged every room even linen closet, put fresh flowers out set the dining room table. and it was spotless. I love to label and organize and the couple who bought our home loved the labeling I did.

Keep a postive attitude and keep dreaming your dream will come true. Hugs
Old 05-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Default When did you bury your St Joseph's statue - before or after you listed?

I am wondering if I should "plant" my St Joseph's statue now or wait until I list it with a RE broker. We have had some interest while holding yard sales to get rid of the "treasure" we have accumulated over the last 33 years. We have only lived in this house 13.5 years, but we dragged everything with us on the last move, because it was a short distance from the old house.

We are holding our last round of yard sales over this coming (Memorial Day) weekend and then anything we can't unload and our son and DIL don't want is either going to Goodwill or the trash. I parted with all my wine-making stuff, but at least got what I wanted, a mere fraction of what I originally paid. I know that I can't make wine in the garage and our 2 brm villa just does not have the space for the stuff! I enjoyed making my own wine, but want to move to TV more! Most of the cake decorating stuff is either going to my DIL or one of her friends. I did keep a few (very few) pans. But I kept ALL of my sewing, cross-stitch and knitting stuff.

I haven't seen Jim part with much of his stuff, but he still says "I" have too much stuff!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandj View Post
I am wondering if I should "plant" my St Joseph's statue now or wait until I list it with a RE broker.
There is no need to wait until you have the house listed. Just make sure it's upside down and facing your house... unless you were not selling and you don't like your neighbor! It's been said that if you don't like your neighbor that you should bury the statue facing that neighbor's house and they'll wind up selling their house.

Here's an interest article on the subject: http://www.st-josephstatue.com/st_joseph.htm

BTW, St. Joseph is my patron saint and I'll put in a good word for all of you hopefulls!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.